Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 AM

819 posts, read 1,593,172 times

Advertisements

Teddy, what a sweet post. So sorry you are going thru this. Hugs and prayers all around.

Cyn, hope it is sunny even if it is cold today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Best wishes to you Teddy. Do what you feel best wherever you think best. You've earned it.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:37 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Thanks for sharing your story, Teddy. I know Cyn appreciates your support and returns it to you in your need.

You take care and hold Margaret close to your heart. She'll always be there with you.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:23 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
Thanks for the laugh old_cold! You are so right! I'll tell you if I didn't have to sell on ebay I would hang it up but it is what I can do from home while taking care of my DH. My DH established a store there 14 years ago so he knows the business even though they continually change things around! Right now we need to make the money--anything is better then nothing. In today's world there are so many more online shopping places for people to go that it does make it tuff on us but for now it is what we can do. I need to get the items in the shop sold--and those are all to big to be sending---so maybe I can start taking some pictures today since the sun is finally out and get something up on Craigslist. My neighbor told me not to have anyone come by here unless he is here too so people will think there is more then me and my DH here--especially with my DH in the condition he is in. You never know who or what kind of person may be coming by--better safe then sorry! Most of the items out in the shop are way to heavy for us to take to meet anyone to sell them so they will have to come here.
At least I did get that ebay feedback mix-up taken care of and now it is a positive feedback! The girl apologized and said she hit the wrong button! At least it is fixed now!
The sun is shining and the ground is white with ice! It really is cold but so pretty!
Here's hoping that's a good kickstart to getting the business going again, and it's got to make you feel a little better, anyway. Thank goodness for wonderful neighbors like yours, who watch out for you and make it easier for you to do the things you need to.

Sounds like a winter wonderland there- cold but shiny....

Hope your day was a good one!

Old 12-11-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
I just returned home to Arkansas after brining my wife back to Minnesota for funeral wake last Friday and funeral mass and burial in cemetery on Saturday.

Nice to see a good sized group in the church Saturday as the temp after mass at the graveyard at noon was -13.

I had planned to stay about 10 days but got so depressed the day after the funeral that I said goodbye to kids and grandkids and headed back to Arkansas where I know no one. This was Margaret and my new home since Jan of 2012 and I will stay here except for visits to see the kids and grandkids when weather is normal.

The extreme cold weather in Minnesota reminded me of noon Saturday at the graveyard and I needed to get away.

It is strange now here in the house w/o Margaret. So quiet. No hum of electric air mattress or rhythm of oxygen machine. Here ( 880 miles from kids and grandkids) will be home.

I now have freedom to travel back to MN whenever I want to visit , but will only do so in warmer weather.

I will be checking in to this thread often to add my support to Cyn today and in the future. I do understand what she is dealing with and my experience will always leave me with a warm place in my heart for caregivers and especially for spouses caregiving for a person with ALS.

At the wake, a good friend in his late 60's , tears in his eyes, approached and said ..........." I understand"........ I told him.."you certainly do " ( he was the caregiver for his wife who just lost her 30 year battle with MS last month )

Sorry for being so long winded, but I will continue following Cyn's journey as caregiver and will continue to offer my support every step of the way.

Her strength is amazing and seems to get stronger daily as she has to constantly adjust.

......." Light is the task when many share the toil ".......

Although we are not with Cyn physically, we are able to support her emotionally.
As others have said, it's the time for you to be gentle with yourself and do whatever you need and want to do. My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your Margaret, and may you find peace and solace in your shared love and memories, as well as a sense of her abiding presence with you.

Cyn's strength and her love and dedication to her DH that shines from her every post truly is inspirational. I see that same love and dedication in your posts about your beloved Margaret, and so you are an inspiration as well......

Old 12-12-2013, 06:32 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Good morning everyone!
Teddy, your post brought tears to my eyes...you are such a dear person. I am so happy you will be checking in here often and will always appreciate all of your input. I depend on everyone here so much for their love and support.
My DH had a bad day yesterday emotionally...very sad and down. Just one of those days I suppose and I know there are many more to come....sigh.....we both knew this disease was not going to get better--just worse and that doesn't make any of it easier! Today I am going to try to keep my spirits up and maybe it will bring him up even if it's just a little! Praying for that!
Everyone have a lovely day!

Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Sending good thoughts for you and your DH.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
Teddy, your post brought tears to my eyes...you are such a dear person. I am so happy you will be checking in here often and will always appreciate all of your input. I depend on everyone here so much for their love and support.
My DH had a bad day yesterday emotionally...very sad and down. Just one of those days I suppose and I know there are many more to come....sigh.....we both knew this disease was not going to get better--just worse and that doesn't make any of it easier! Today I am going to try to keep my spirits up and maybe it will bring him up even if it's just a little! Praying for that!
Everyone have a lovely day!
(((Cyn))), we'll pray for that too....

Old 12-13-2013, 05:30 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:55 AM

36,423 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Morning Cyn and friends, hoping for a good day all around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving