Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 06:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone!
There was a special on the news last night about a lady with ALS and it totally upset my DH. It was a very sad show. He was upset all evening. Then to top it off that chrome car part we sold made it to the customer fine but the customer didn't like the chrome....it was beautiful...if he wanted to return it we'd have to pay the shipping both ways which would be nearly $100.00 plus pay him back and still pay all the ebay and paypal fees so DH sold it to him for practically nothing.......he sold it for what it would end up costing him to get it returned. Oh well it is what it is but that sure hurt! That plus the program made the evening pretty bad---just hoping today things will look up today! Tomorrow my son will have an ipod or whatever it is called for my DH to bring home and practice on for helping to speak. That will help for sure!
A good morning to you too elston---don't over do it now--save some energy for visiting! And if I don't see you here before Christmas have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your family!
Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 06:58 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
cyn can you stimulate in the future that returns over so much the buyer is responsible for shipping costs? That really stinks sorry it didn't work out for you.

Merry Christmas hope you can find the joy this season brings & spend time counting your blessings. That is for all that is reading this thread as well.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:34 AM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times
cyn.......that is a shame about the car part....it was so much work to get it wrapped and mailed and you were hoping to make some money on it. The only good is that it is out of your shop and makes room in there. (That's working very hard to put a good turn on it).

Old 12-24-2013, 07:37 AM

Sometimes the customer does have to pay for the return shipping--depends on the sitaution. This time the guy said it was not the quality he expected--not as described supposedly--I know the quality was very nice because we had it chromed at a place I use to take lots of parts to and the people did a great job always. But it's ebay....and it's Christmas and maybe his wife didn't like him spending that much money or something on his car--who knows....
Yes, I very much need to spend my day counting my blessings..something we very often forget when things are difficult! So today I will spend extra time on that! A good reminder Jaxson--thank you! Thank you too elston for the positive input!

Old 12-24-2013, 09:35 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Morning cyn and friends. It is the day of Christmas Eve......I am busy getting things ready for my son and family who are going to be visiting this week; starting at about 1 pm today. I may or may not get on each day. I wish everyone a good Christmas. I am sure I will see you before NYE.
And you have a great Christmas with your loved ones!

Old 12-24-2013, 09:48 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
There was a special on the news last night about a lady with ALS and it totally upset my DH. It was a very sad show. He was upset all evening. Then to top it off that chrome car part we sold made it to the customer fine but the customer didn't like the chrome....it was beautiful...if he wanted to return it we'd have to pay the shipping both ways which would be nearly $100.00 plus pay him back and still pay all the ebay and paypal fees so DH sold it to him for practically nothing.......he sold it for what it would end up costing him to get it returned. Oh well it is what it is but that sure hurt! That plus the program made the evening pretty bad---just hoping today things will look up today! Tomorrow my son will have an ipod or whatever it is called for my DH to bring home and practice on for helping to speak. That will help for sure!
A good morning to you too elston---don't over do it now--save some energy for visiting! And if I don't see you here before Christmas have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your family!
Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Grrrr@ that ebay customer. Wouldn't surprise me if the guy planned not to be happy with that chrome so he could get it as cheap as possible. Unfortunately it seems folks who do that abound, I've met some too who routinely try and take those they do business with for as much as they can get away with. You wonder what they use for a conscience when they do that, but we already know the answer to that.

I'm sorry about the chrome, and the program that upset your DH- sounds like it was just too close to home for him. Hope he's feeling better today, and I am sure he is looking forward to getting, practicing on, and using the ipod or whatever the device is that will help your DH with his speech. That will be a good thing.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:10 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
I know that it is not easy to do, but I and the wife made a point to avoid anything on TV that might make us sad .

We were not trying to avoid reality, but felt we had enough reality and sadness with our daily battle with ALS that we tried to avoid anything that added to it.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:11 AM

Thank you Travelassie! You seem to always say the right things.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:13 AM

I agree Teddy...if it weren't a part of the news we probably wouldn't have even seen it. Now it's all I keep thinking about....time to get busy.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:37 PM

This has been a very looooooooong day! Even though I have done pretty good at keeping busy it's a difficult day. Thank God for this thread so I have a place to feel not so alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving