Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 03:16 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Travelassie......I tried to rep your post to leave you a message about how much better I felt after reading it....I am sure it is wondrously supportive to cyn. You said it so well. It is so true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 03:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
I bet BuBu will enjoy the one on one time as well do whatever you need to do to release some pressure from you girl. Totally understand your DH's feelings tell him to just keep living and enjoy what he can each day. Hugs to you both.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:27 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. Stopping by to say I am thinking of you.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning friends!
Travelassie, your post was beautiful and said lots--lots to give me that extra lift! thank you! I know we are going to have some bad days and even some worse then bad days but that has to be expected given the situation....sigh....I just have to pull myself back up and shake it off.
Very strange weather here--nearly 70 degrees right now and it's still early morning--it's windy with very dark clouds. The ground is quite wet so it must have rained during the night. Looks like we're in for some nasty weather for sure. Good thing we don't have to go anywhere today. They mentioned the possibility of tornadoes on the news which is unheard of this time of year normally! When DH went to bed last night he said he wanted to start over today so I'm hoping he means that and we can both work on making today a better day! Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday!

Old 12-22-2013, 07:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Good morning Cyn. I hope you have a better day

Old 12-22-2013, 11:18 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends!
Travelassie, your post was beautiful and said lots--lots to give me that extra lift! thank you! I know we are going to have some bad days and even some worse then bad days but that has to be expected given the situation....sigh....I just have to pull myself back up and shake it off.
Very strange weather here--nearly 70 degrees right now and it's still early morning--it's windy with very dark clouds. The ground is quite wet so it must have rained during the night. Looks like we're in for some nasty weather for sure. Good thing we don't have to go anywhere today. They mentioned the possibility of tornadoes on the news which is unheard of this time of year normally! When DH went to bed last night he said he wanted to start over today so I'm hoping he means that and we can both work on making today a better day! Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday!
Cyn, I'm so glad if the words, and the sentiment behind them helps even a little bit....

You bear your burdens with your husband's ALS with grace and dignity, even though in the throes of it you won't likely see that, but it's there for everyone who reads your words and thoughts in this thread, and I'm sure it's also obvious to those you know and love, and come across in real life.

And I know your DH, loves you more than he could ever begin to express and is more grateful than you could ever know for your abiding love, support and care for him as you both battle the effects of the ALS. He also knows how hard it is on you, and I'd figure that sometimes the "grumpiness" you talk about sometimes is at least partly due to the guilt he likely feels at putting a beloved wife through what you're going through-not that he should feel guilty but I think that's part of human nature in those circumstances.

I hope and pray that his talk of starting over with a new day will mean a "restart", of coming to grips with dealing with his condition, making the best of what you can, and a new closeness between you as you share your efforts in the battle against his ALS.

And a good Sunday to you too!

Old 12-22-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Cyn, I'm so glad if the words, and the sentiment behind them helps even a little bit....

You bear your burdens with your husband's ALS with grace and dignity, even though in the throes of it you won't likely see that, but it's there for everyone who reads your words and thoughts in this thread, and I'm sure it's also obvious to those you know and love, and come across in real life.

And I know your DH, loves you more than he could ever begin to express and is more grateful than you could ever know for your abiding love, support and care for him as you both battle the effects of the ALS. He also knows how hard it is on you, and I'd figure that sometimes the "grumpiness" you talk about sometimes is at least partly due to the guilt he likely feels at putting a beloved wife through what you're going through-not that he should feel guilty but I think that's part of human nature in those circumstances.

I hope and pray that his talk of starting over with a new day will mean a "restart", of coming to grips with dealing with his condition, making the best of what you can, and a new closeness between you as you share your efforts in the battle against his ALS.

And a good Sunday to you too!
You are one very special lady my friend! I am so very very lucky to have met you even if it is only through the computer--we will someday meet--that is a promise!

Old 12-22-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Travelassie......I tried to rep your post to leave you a message about how much better I felt after reading it....I am sure it is wondrously supportive to cyn. You said it so well. It is so true.
Thanks, Elston! You have to know, though, that it's the combined efforts of everyone who shares their thoughts and words on this thread, including who know Cyn in real life that really make that support count. Additionally, I've found strength and meaning from many things that you, and others who post here have shared, and I thank you all for that. You are ALL awesome!

Old 12-22-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are one very special lady my friend! I am so very very lucky to have met you even if it is only through the computer--we will someday meet--that is a promise!
As are you, Cyn! I'd be honored to someday meet you in real life.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:11 PM

We will--we will!
A wonderful something for me to look forward to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving