Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 12:25 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times

Advertisements

Hi Cyn, Sorry I don't have much time to post these days but I read you, I'm here, just silent!
Big hugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 12:31 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Oh Sudcaro--with all you have on your plate girl--I just appreciate you just reading here and posting--well that's a plus!
Big hugs back!!

Old 12-15-2013, 12:40 PM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I just have to love you Travelassie! You say everything so well.....and correct. I would wake up in an instant if DH had a problem--it's that mothers instinct in me I guess. Today is a long day as I knew it probably would be considering the time I woke up.....been down and sad but that comes along with being tired. Tomorrow is another doctor appointment in the city for DH so had to get all of my ebay done today--just finished. I should be rolling in money--ha--with all the packages I packed but in today's market they only bring a few dollars...beats nothing! Least I can feed my animals. Thanks for the comfort and support Travelassie---I sure appreciate every last bit of it!
Thanks, Cyn, just adding it to the support you have from the other folks who've been on the trail with you a lot longer than I have....

So allow yourself those catnaps when they come on you, and sleep when you can-,and a goodnight's sleep whenever that is possible. It's your body's way, perhaps, of resetting itself for the long days and many many tasks you undertake every day. It's true, now that you mention it, being exhausted will also make you depressed. As I know you know all too well, exhaustion takes its toll on your physical, mental and emotional resources, and just make all those things you have to do look like impossible burdens.

Sounds like you got lots done today, though- that's good for several pats on the back, in any case!

Old 12-15-2013, 02:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Hi, gang. Cyn, I'm sending out some coupons for you tomorrow. For some reason, they've not been putting them in the paper lately.

Hugs to you and hubby. Best of luck at the doctor's tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:05 PM

Oh those "pats" feel so good! Yes, today is not a really happy day but I decided no matter things had to get done so I did get a lot done.....just wish I felt a bit more "up". Thanks NMS--coupons help a lot! These cats are acting starved--guess the cold makes them want more to eat for the extra energy!

Old 12-15-2013, 05:04 PM

Well my dearest friends...I'm going to put dinner on, clean it up and kick back in my chair with my Taz kitty and yes...go to sleep! At least i hope to. Sometimes when I am super tired I can't go to sleep-go figure. I hate making my DH sit alone tonight but really I will be right here....I am just so very very very tired. Tomorrow is another very busy day so I pray to get some good sleep tonight for the both of us! Have a blessed evening everyone.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:12 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,748,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Well my dearest friends...I'm going to put dinner on, clean it up and kick back in my chair with my Taz kitty and yes...go to sleep! At least i hope to. Sometimes when I am super tired I can't go to sleep-go figure. I hate making my DH sit alone tonight but really I will be right here....I am just so very very very tired. Tomorrow is another very busy day so I pray to get some good sleep tonight for the both of us! Have a blessed evening everyone.

I used to tell Margaret.........." I will hear you if you need me, but if I can't get sleep I will soon be physically unable to be your 24/7 caregiver "

Lack of sleep for the caregiver benefits no one and ends up hurting both.

When " batteries" get worn down, they must be recharged.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:33 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times
Cyn,
Sweet dreams

Old 12-16-2013, 03:48 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. The start of a new week and a busy day for cyn. I hope all goes well.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:11 AM

Good morning my dearest friends and supporters!
Ah Teddy, you are correct...it is as they always tell us, we must care for ourselves also. I still did not fall asleep in my chair last night--to tired I guess and then I was wide awake at 5am this morning. I do feel better though, at least I did rest in my chair and 5 hours sleep is better then nothing. Lots on my mind right now.
My DH was so sweet last night, more understanding then I think I can ever remember him being. Just everything he said was thoughtful. We talked a little about the future and what is in store for him and he told me he is starting to question if it is really living after a certain point. He said he already can't do much and does not feel well most of the time--is this living? Of course we cried a little but this has to be discussed. There are certain things we will do to keep him in as good as health as possible but I'm beginning to think he is not going to want to live beyond a certain point or on machines. He has always been such an active out going person to have to be on your back in a bed unable to do anything for yourself would not be living to him. But then our natural instinct to stay alive kicks in and that hope for a cure is always in the back of our minds.......
The whole conversation started after I had been talking to Amber about her baby girls due in November..very soon now! We don't know when they will be able to afford to get out to see us though and my DH feels he will not get to see her. I say he will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving