Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 06:59 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

Good morning cyn and friends. Sending you some of my sunshine today I wish I was closer to you and could help with your building. Mike says I am born to sell yard sale stuff, lol. You need some help from someone like Cash and Cari.

I'm glad you and DH are making plans. It is very sad what happens to some families when one is gone. Actually it is pretty disgusting. Look out for your interests. Have you hear back from the young woman who came to visit with you and your DH? I think it was a niece/stepdaughter?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 AM

819 posts, read 1,591,789 times
Dear Cyn and Friends, have been gone a few days - went to Panama City Beach to meet up with some girlfriends and found myself right in the middle of Spring Break - at least 9 million young people hooping and hollering and having all kinds of fun. Kinda restricted our getting out and about as the traffic was horrible, but we had fun, despite the gloomy and rainy weather the entire time we were there.

Anyway, I'm catching up with the news here and have got you all on my mind and in my heart! You all have become a part of my life as I try to check on here in the mornings. My heart is heavy for those with needs and happy for those who have some sunshine to share.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning to my very dear friends supporters and other caregivers!
At least we didn't have to go back to the Doctors yesterday in that ice but the laxative they told my DH to take really did a number on him. He was up all night and didn't eat--again. I made myself a hot dog and called it dinner. Not sure if it is normal but my heart is feeling so heavy--sad. I'm sure it is normal but I want it to stop. I have been having a horrible time even concentrating on getting this house even somewhat clean--it is so in need with all of my cats and all of the bad weather. Today I took one of my ADHD medications and plan on doing some serious work. But especially right now DH is feeling so badly about having me up all night and how ill he feels that he needs me to hold him, love him and tell him I love him a lot. He is very scared right now. Not sure where I will find any time for work online but I need to fit that in. Even my DH said he has never seen business this bad. As soon as the weather warms up I'll start with a few yard sales. I hope I can get a little help from a few friends here. It will take a few times I am sure as we have so much "stuff" for yard sales. Then to deal with the big items--the ones worth money--vintage car parts etc, snap on tools, metalwork tables, shelves, transmissions and parts, chain saws, industrial sand blaster troy wood chipper---well that's just a few of the things so you can imagine.....I already did list a few on ebay and even here in the classified hoping I could avoid craigslist but no luck so far. I just feel like I'm doing everything half way and that really is stressful. I wish you lived closer to YL--I could sure use your input! You seem to always have great ideas and put them to work!
Haven't really heard much from DH's step daughter. I think her husband was probably concerned that she was moving to fast as far as wanting to move out here and such....I'm not pushing the issue. She did what she needed to do and that was to come and see her dad and that is more then his real children have done. I am going to give her a call soon because she had some good ideas I need to learn more about.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 03-19-2014 at 08:20 AM..

Old 03-19-2014, 12:43 PM

My thanks to all of you out there who have held me up in some very difficult times and continue to do so--I am so blessed!

Old 03-19-2014, 12:50 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
It is wonderful to think that each and everyone of us has the capacity to be "a blessing" to another of us. We are all blessed...indeed.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM

Yes.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:04 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning to my very dear friends supporters and other caregivers!
At least we didn't have to go back to the Doctors yesterday in that ice but the laxative they told my DH to take really did a number on him. He was up all night and didn't eat--again. I made myself a hot dog and called it dinner. Not sure if it is normal but my heart is feeling so heavy--sad. I'm sure it is normal but I want it to stop. I have been having a horrible time even concentrating on getting this house even somewhat clean--it is so in need with all of my cats and all of the bad weather. Today I took one of my ADHD medications and plan on doing some serious work. But especially right now DH is feeling so badly about having me up all night and how ill he feels that he needs me to hold him, love him and tell him I love him a lot. He is very scared right now. Not sure where I will find any time for work online but I need to fit that in. Even my DH said he has never seen business this bad. As soon as the weather warms up I'll start with a few yard sales. I hope I can get a little help from a few friends here. It will take a few times I am sure as we have so much "stuff" for yard sales. Then to deal with the big items--the ones worth money--vintage car parts etc, snap on tools, metalwork tables, shelves, transmissions and parts, chain saws, industrial sand blaster troy wood chipper---well that's just a few of the things so you can imagine.....I already did list a few on ebay and even here in the classified hoping I could avoid craigslist but no luck so far. I just feel like I'm doing everything half way and that really is stressful. I wish you lived closer to YL--I could sure use your input! You seem to always have great ideas and put them to work!
Haven't really heard much from DH's step daughter. I think her husband was probably concerned that she was moving to fast as far as wanting to move out here and such....I'm not pushing the issue. She did what she needed to do and that was to come and see her dad and that is more then his real children have done. I am going to give her a call soon because she had some good ideas I need to learn more about.
(((Cyn)))), sorry the laxative left your DH up all night, but I guess even up all night going is better than the alternative...

Just my thoughts, but you have so very much on your plate that of course won't go away till you take care of it, and that adds to your stress, how could it not? Of course your heart is heavy and sad, you see your DH deteriorating every day despite everything, you wish with all your heart it were not so but you can't do anything to keep it from happening.

Perhaps this is the time for you to spend as much time as you possibly can with your DH- holding him, reassuring him of your love for him and that he's not alone. That's got to help him, and while I know your heart is breaking over seeing your DH at this stage of his illness, and knowing what's coming, you have to know that you're doing what at this point means the very most to your DH, that your love and your presence will ease his fear and anxiety, and make his remaining days easier. The thought doesn't lighten your heartache any, I know, but in the days to come you will know that when he reached out to you for love and support in his darkest hours, you were right there to comfort and love him. And that, at this point is much more important than a clean house, or even spending a lot of time trying to sell things on ebay. They'll be there...

Cyn, I'm tearing up as I write this, my prayers continue for both you and DH, and that you will continue to find the strength and courage to go through this journey with your DH, and find solace in God's love, and the love and concern of the family and friends who love you both....

Old 03-20-2014, 06:57 AM

I had the same thoughts TL....we never know how much time we have....this morning I stayed in bed and hugged my DH for a long time.
I didn't get nearly all I had hoped to get done yesterday but I did start--as usual. But TL you are right..I need to spend some precious time with my DH. I have come to realize the sun will still come up tomorrow even if I don't get my house all clean! I think I'll just settle for one room at a time for now and spend a little more time with my DH--even if it's just rubbing his back!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 03-20-2014 at 07:11 AM..

Old 03-20-2014, 07:20 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,855 times
Good for you, Cyn!

And good morning to everyone.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:32 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning cyn and friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving