Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times

Advertisements

Good morning dear friends!
We still had problems because of getting the right position--DH can only move so many ways and if he were to stay on the bed he never would have made it to the bathroom--it may have to be repeated today..we will see. It did work some
I was so tired from the drive and just everything and DH and I were not hungry at 7pm so I fell asleep. I heard DH in the kitchen at about 10pm looking for something to eat---he said 2 pieces of bread and butter would be okay--but I know he wanted and needed more--I should have made him a meal and I felt badly all night about it. After I woke up a little I offered to make him anything he wanted but he was angry with me then---it had been a long bad day for us both. Maybe not eating much was better that late at night anyhow with all that is going on. I will feed him very well today!! I still feel so bad. I can't believe how exhausted I was last night. I pray today will be so much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 07:38 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,977 times
YOU NEED SOME HELP GIRLFRIEND! Please, please, please find someone who can help you, if nothing else, buy food that you can microwave and is easy for you to prepare. Please consider going "outside the box" and make sure that you are taken care of. Wish I lived closer.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM

My neighbor did go to the store for me and picked up a few things so that was wonderful and she reminded me anytime. Course she works but most things can wait until she gets home. Actually my DH looks forward to getting out of the house still....he doesn't want to miss anything... Now we do take his breathing machine just in case though. I wish you lived closer too Peachy...you have no idea how much I wish that but I just appreciate having you here to encourage me and hold me up!

Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 PM

I am beyond disgusted---at my DH's son that lives here in NC. He has written a couple of emails to my DH--asks how he is--and then It's all about him (his son) and issues he is having--really? Are you kidding me? This is your "father" he is dieing! Get a life kid! In the last email my DH told him all that has been going on--weight loss other serious problems and his son was like--wow--sounds bad--I lost 2 transmissions at the last race and am pretty worried...are you kidding me????? His son has not even come by to see his dad--we live less then an hour drive away--this kid has always had everything he has ever wanted and his dad has always been there for him....His son said he was going to be busy working at the animal ranch this week-end for--of course--a race car driver--Ryan Newman. That's more important then your father??? I am sick to my stomach....Sorry but I had to vent on this one.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 PM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I am disgusted right along with you! That boy is a waste of skin! When his father dies.....I wouldn't even want to sit next to him at the funeral. But watch him.....he will give you trouble....he will want to inherit everything and anything of value. Watch him.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:01 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. It is the end of a hard week for you and your DH cyn.....I hope that things will be better.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:47 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Good morning…

Aww cyn I am sorry about your DH's son. That is sad that he can't make some time to help both of you out. Have you tried asking him for any help. I would see what he says if you or your DH tell him you need him once a week or so to help with ____. I know it is not a good relationship but maybe if he is asked he would step up to the plate…or not. Good luck.

I think spring is finally here. At least you won't have to worry about the icy roads

Last edited by ylisa7; 03-28-2014 at 06:23 AM..

Old 03-28-2014, 05:55 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Morning Cyn and friends!

Hope this week is better for you Cyn.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:34 AM

Good morning friends!
Today is going to be better--rain and all! DH ate an entire meal last night and things and his constipation seems to be getting much better! Just a few more days until he get his feeding peg and hopefully that will help with a lot of the problems.
As far as his son goes, YL his son knows we need some help. My DH asked him last year before the ALS got this bad so they could work together on things. His son told us we would need to move closer to them---he would have his in-laws sell our home and we could rent closer to them and then they could help. We only live 48 miles from him. They are rarely home anyhow and we would know no one there. And why would he have his in-laws sell our home--to pay for our rent near him? Then I would have nothing so that is not ever going to happen. I guess because we didn't go along with it he decided we didn't really need his help. I know we are suppose to forgive but this boy makes that difficult to do. But he is the one who will have to live with it the rest of his life once his father passes away. My DH and I are very aware of his kids and how they think so we have tried very hard to make sure everything is protected legally for me.
Right now I have to concentrate on my DH and not let his son rent any space in my head! I just feel really bad for my DH cause I know it hurts him.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:57 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times
My late husband's sons sounded like they could be related to your DH son.

I am sorry you are experiencing this kind of behavior and attitude of his son and I know how much it hurts the both of you but you are doing the right thing concentrating on the here and now and focusing on those people who are there for you both.
Bless you both. xxxooo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving