Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 04:14 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times

Advertisements

I talked to my sister today--we won't even go there! I really have to think the drugs they have her on have totally destroyed her. She is not the sister I remember...sigh...good old "Big Pharma"--anything to make money!
Anyhow I am looking forward to this day coming to an end---I have kept busy and done what I set out to do. I made my fresh applesauce and then froze it in serving size packages, listed a few items and sent off a few items that I sold. So all in all I have done what I set out to do. Even though I know my sister is so out there it still hurts me when she says stupid things...and the worst part is I know I am right and she has serious problems and I do pray for her and feel sad for her but still she is my older sister whom I have always looked up to so it is heartbreaking when I fell like I have not made her happy. But tomorrow she will say a whole different story and apologize for what she said today...boy I need to get a thicker skin. Come on God--really? I don't need to be so sensitive do I?? I do have to laugh at myself even through the hurt! Who ever said life would be easy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 PM

So I called my oldest sister--she is amazing! The best of the best and I feel so much better. I love her so much and miss her even more! Hopefully someday soon we will get to visit in person!

Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 AM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:08 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times
Good morning!

Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 AM

Good morning everyone! DH had another bad evening with his breathing. I'm thinking he is going to require more time on his ventilator during the day and evening and I know he does not want to have to do that. It makes it so he can't hear much or even do much while he has it on. But if he wants to breath then it just might have to be the answer--we'll see. Another rainy day here and quite windy! Looks like a good day to stay indoors! Hope you all have a lovely day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 10-08-2013 at 06:46 AM..

Old 10-08-2013, 03:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I talked to my sister today--we won't even go there! I really have to think the drugs they have her on have totally destroyed her. She is not the sister I remember...sigh...good old "Big Pharma"--anything to make money!
Anyhow I am looking forward to this day coming to an end---I have kept busy and done what I set out to do. I made my fresh applesauce and then froze it in serving size packages, listed a few items and sent off a few items that I sold. So all in all I have done what I set out to do. Even though I know my sister is so out there it still hurts me when she says stupid things...and the worst part is I know I am right and she has serious problems and I do pray for her and feel sad for her but still she is my older sister whom I have always looked up to so it is heartbreaking when I fell like I have not made her happy. But tomorrow she will say a whole different story and apologize for what she said today...boy I need to get a thicker skin. Come on God--really? I don't need to be so sensitive do I?? I do have to laugh at myself even through the hurt! Who ever said life would be easy?
Funny, Cyn, but I had a similar conversation with The Big Guy this morning.

Quote:
So I called my oldest sister--she is amazing! The best of the best and I feel so much better. I love her so much and miss her even more! Hopefully someday soon we will get to visit in person!
I'm the oldest of 3 girls and I feel the same way about my baby sis. I wish she could visit more often. Now would be a good time.

Hugs to you, Cyn. Hang in there.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Sometimes I think God has me mixed up with someone else--you know--that tuff girl! I keep thinking he really can't think I can keep doing this..but apparently he does so all I can do is try!

Old 10-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,726 posts, read 58,079,686 times
Quote:

Sometimes I think God has me mixed up with someone else--you know--that tuff girl! I keep thinking he really can't think I can keep doing this..but apparently he does so all I can do is try!
That plan gives us all additional stress ("all I can do is try"),

30+ yrs of caregiving for a disabled parent did teach me to "Trust", and quit "Trying". (but it still took it's toll). I still find myself "TRY-ing" when I expect I can succeed by my own strength. ... Until I get beat up enough to Trust, again.... (I'm a very slow learner) My parent hated every second of my care, but I just kept caring, not possible by my own strength. It took off some of my rough edges.

Abandonment to SELF is not an ez task and requires daily doses of attention.

Best of endurance / trust, one minute / one task at a time. Tomorrow may certainly be a tougher challenge, but you are only called to get through today.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 AM

Good Morning cyn and friends.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:45 AM

could be your door matt cyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving