Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 07:29 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas cyn and to all the care givers reading hope you have a blessed day and make happy memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 08:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Thank you all! Trying to pack up our truck for the trip to see the kids and grand kids today. Making room for the gifts and the breathing machine is a test for sure but I think I got it. Am also taking foods we can no longer use like pastas and some canned things....
Had a horrible migraine last night..one of my worst it even made me feel sick to my stomach. I even had a hard time sleeping and was up all hours of the night. I'm thinking it was stress and I have been really trying not to rely on anti-anxiety medications to much so maybe now was not a good time to cut back on those! I did take one and feel ok so far today. We aren't staying long at the kids house as we don't like driving in the dark with all the deer around here. My DH told me to try to spend my time thinking about the grand kids and the fun we will have! He's right! So it's time to finish loading up the truck and then we are out of here! Have a wonderful safe blessed Christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-2013, 10:24 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you all! Trying to pack up our truck for the trip to see the kids and grand kids today. Making room for the gifts and the breathing machine is a test for sure but I think I got it. Am also taking foods we can no longer use like pastas and some canned things....
Had a horrible migraine last night..one of my worst it even made me feel sick to my stomach. I even had a hard time sleeping and was up all hours of the night. I'm thinking it was stress and I have been really trying not to rely on anti-anxiety medications to much so maybe now was not a good time to cut back on those! I did take one and feel ok so far today. We aren't staying long at the kids house as we don't like driving in the dark with all the deer around here. My DH told me to try to spend my time thinking about the grand kids and the fun we will have! He's right! So it's time to finish loading up the truck and then we are out of here! Have a wonderful safe blessed Christmas everyone!
Your DH is right! Think of your kids and grandkids and the fun and Christmas joy you will share, and that'll carry you through the day, and maybe give you a little glow for the days ahead. And have a safe trip getting to the kids' house and back!

And my best wishes to you, and to all the great folks who share their lives and their thoughts on this site for a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year.....

Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, all.

Cyn, DH was right; I hope you followed his suggestion and had a wonderful, safe and fun Christmas Day. Hugs and welcome back to all our friends.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:06 AM

22 posts, read 287,963 times
Its really very unbearable even to listen about such diseases and you are going through this may god bless you

Old 12-27-2013, 05:22 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Good morning
As I sat here this morning looking into more information on Hospice and considering calling today for an assessment, I thought of you and your husband Cyn and had to wonder if you have considered calling them .
I can only imagine the program would give you a lot of assistance and relieve you of so much as well as provide you with 'real time' support.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:27 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Hi Cyn and friends, hope your Xmas was good!

Old 12-27-2013, 05:46 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Friday Morning. I hope all is well with you.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning everyone!
Old-cold....this is something I have considered but DH is not ready for me to contact them. It has to be good with him. I think he will know when he is ready.....my DH is very old school and outside help, well that would be difficult for him to accept unless absolutely necessary. So far I can do most things by myself although some help is always nice. Guess we'll just take this day by day and week by week! Thanks for the thought!
I was under the weather yesterday with that migraine, or it could have been a sinus headache-not sure which--still but today I feel better. Our weather here has been so up and down when I called my doctors office to ask about the headache they said lots of people are having them right now. Supposedly allergies...anyhow I took the day off except for work and I didn't even do much of that. Today will be catch-up day!
Have a nice day everyone!

Old 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
Old-cold....this is something I have considered but DH is not ready for me to contact them. It has to be good with him. I think he will know when he is ready.....my DH is very old school and outside help, well that would be difficult for him to accept unless absolutely necessary. So far I can do most things by myself although some help is always nice. Guess we'll just take this day by day and week by week! Thanks for the thought!
I was under the weather yesterday with that migraine, or it could have been a sinus headache-not sure which--still but today I feel better. Our weather here has been so up and down when I called my doctors office to ask about the headache they said lots of people are having them right now. Supposedly allergies...anyhow I took the day off except for work and I didn't even do much of that. Today will be catch-up day!
Have a nice day everyone!
You'll both know when it's time for hospice...

Hope your headache's better today- interesting, it might be allergies, but we get them too and wonder if sometimes they're not due to changes in atmospheric pressure associated with weather changes- cold fronts/warm fronts-whatever fronts coming in and the like, because we notice those headaches when sometimes it's raining or there is a change in the weather. I don't know what you do with those other than figure they'll go away in a day or two, at least with allergies you can take antihistamines- there are times we live on the Walgreen/Walmart version of Claritin, which often helps.

In any case, Cyn, you need those days off from doing so much anyway, so IMHO they ought to be as frequent as you need them to be- I know there are some things that can't wait but taking it (relatively) easy has to be a good thing for you. As you said, day by day.....

Hope your Christmas was a good one, with the kids and grandkids and all....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving