Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times

Advertisements

In my last job of 13 years I saw TONS AND TONS of celebrities.
BY FAR the nastiest of them all has to be James Gandolfini from the Sopranos.
No words can describe how mean and horrible he was in real life.

Google him and enter in key words such as "mean" or "nasty" and you'll see how many people have written about him.

tough guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Wow, ummm so I would feel the same way if I was sent to little Mexico, ooooops I mean California.....
LOL. I doubt that.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:35 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
I ran into Jason 'Wee-Man' Acuna yesterday morning at Starbucks, he seemed like a nice guy, but I didn't bother him. I dont like dealing with people when I'm having the morning coffee.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:48 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Imet gary sinese and he was so nice and kind and asked him for an autograph , I told him Im sorry and he said "honey when they dont ask for autographs is when we need to worry " very nice guy . My cousin met the guy who plays nick stokes off of csi and she said he was so sweet and she was shaking and he told her stop shaking people will think Im hurting your feelings , LOL !!! she said he was very nice .

Old 04-11-2011, 04:58 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I've been lucky in my travels. Among music people I've met courtesy of back stage passes, I've been able to talk and shake hands with Janis Ian, Emmy Lou Harris, John Hartford, Justin Hayward and John Lodge (Moody Blues), and Dan Fogelberg. All were very personable people.

Pro football wise at card shows would be Johnny Unitas, Floyd Little, Bob Lilly, Merlin Olsen, and former Bronco head coach Red Miller.. The most personable was Baltimore Colt HOFer Raymond Berry. One of the most soft spoken and friendly men I've ever met.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:43 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
The nicest celeb I have EVER met is Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. We took some visiting family to our local micro-brewery in Sandpoint and he was in there with his crew. (They were heading to a maggot farm in Bonners Ferry nearby). My Sister in Law is a CRAZY fan of his show. They were done eating and just hanging out, so I went and asked him if I could get a photo with him with her. He came over to our table, sat down and chatted for about 5-10 minutes like he'd know us for years. Had a beer with us, took a bunch of pics...just the coolest guy you'd ever want to meet. Salt of the earth.

Met Catherine Bell and David James Elliott on the set of JAG (my kids were in an episode in season 2). They were both super nice, and pretty much the whole cast was really cool. Bellesario Productions has this "college dorm" atmosphere, so while the show has obvious "stars", the whole cast/crew did beach days, bowling nights, etc. Catherine was awfully nice (no ego) and David was personable, humble, had a dry wit, just a great guy.

On the set of NYPD Blue we met Sharon Lawrence and Kim Delaney. Sharon was polite but aloof (and strangely had no idea how to hold a baby, which just seemed weird). Kim Delaney was quite a bit more personable and engaging.

Ben Stein lives here in Sandpoint part of each year. REALLY cool guy. He's a bit of a demanding patron at restaurants, but is very cool and a big tipper so the people we know who serve him always say what a great guy he is. Very amenable to autographs and pictures with folks, and is sort of our local treasure I suppose. We all like him.

Viggo Mortensen (who we really loved in his Lord of the Rings role as Aragorn and we wanted to like as a person) is broadly disliked here in town by those we know who have met him. Sort of known for the whole "do you know who I am?" approach, which doesn't sit well with people here. I've only run into him once in town and it sure seemed he was quite taken with himself. It's quite obvious he believes himself to be the ubermensch of renaissance men.

Met Cheech Marin while skiing once. He was there at the lodge with his whole family. Just a crazy fun loud goofy guy. Just like you'd picture him. Really cool dude.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:55 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I met gary sinese and he was so nice and kind and asked him for an autograph , I told him Im sorry and he said "honey when they dont ask for autographs is when we need to worry " very nice guy . My cousin met the guy who plays nick stokes off of csi and she said he was so sweet and she was shaking and he told her stop shaking people will think Im hurting your feelings , LOL !!! she said he was very nice .
thank you!!! I really admire his work and it's refreshing to know he's so nice. I thought he might be

Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
I also had the misfortune of dealing that filthy animal Lou Reed.
Google his name and read what others have said.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Met Ethan Embry in Atlanta around the time he was filming Sweet Home Alabama. Spent about 30 minutes with him one-on-one. Total prick.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:51 AM

287 posts, read 1,010,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I also had the misfortune of dealing that filthy animal Lou Reed.
Google his name and read what others have said.
Ohhhh do tell. Yeah, I heard he's a real bastard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities