Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM

23 posts, read 33,619 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

I currently live in Delaware and my husband and I with our kids want to move south. We've looked at Florida first but wanted something closer to our family in PA. Summerville seems to have all we would want and need.

My question would pertain to employment. I work in the dental field. In PA where I work I have a license to fill teeth. Does South Carolina have anything like this or similar? Are there job placement agencies? We've both been with our employers for over 13 years each!

Well can't wait to visit, hopefully in the next few months! I hear so many great things from friends whom visited and things I've read! Hoping to make this my new home soon!!!

Last edited by carinap1212; 04-27-2012 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: more to the point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,593,245 times
This might help you to figure out if you need a license.

South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation

Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM

Awesome!! Thanks so much!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Is Summerville real??
For the most part, no. There are a few signs pointing people to the area but no actual destination. They follow the signs for a while, run low on gas and need to fill up. That's where you make some money.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 AM

870 posts, read 1,987,694 times
To answer your questions.

Is Summerville Real? Yes, I grew up there and I will swear up and down on a stack of Bible's or any other holy book you can find that it exists.

As far as dental assisting goes, I'm not sure. I used to think that there was a certain requirement to be a dental assistant around here until my best friends wife got hired as a dental assistant.

She is a very smart and capable woman and did very well in school...when she went for veterinary assisting...a program that she didn't finish...she never went back after that...she is now a dental assistant...

I would imagine that there are levels of dental assisting as with everything else but I couldn't tell you much about the actual job itself (availability, requirements, salary etc).

Old 04-28-2012, 05:52 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,669 times
Summerville's had two home invasions in the last week where people were shot dead, and an armed robbery on the street all within a few miles of each other... you might want to find another dot on the map, seems a lot of the thugs they've pushed out of N.Charleston are heading to S'Ville...

S'Ville has definitely changed for the worse in the last five years, you can see it walking down the roads... I live in S'Ville btw, have for the last 15yrs and have lived near it for most of the last 50...

Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office: Recent home invasions similar, but not linked | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 AM

528 posts, read 1,514,098 times
Default Summerville

I am the sixth generation of my family living in summerville. Great place to grow up Great place to raise a family.We raised four children that have all graduated from college. I help people move to the area all the time and they love it.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Awesome thanks to all that have responded! I understand there is crime everywhere. Unfortunately not many places are without crime anymore. Can't wait to visit! Thanks so much to all!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 AM

528 posts, read 1,514,098 times
When are you coming? I don't suggest Aug.for your first impression!
Foster

Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDweller View Post
When are you coming? I don't suggest Aug.for your first impression!
Foster
I disagree. A lot of people only get one visit before they make a final decision to make a move. I think they all should come in August. Better to see a place at its worst, and then decide if you love it enough to put up with all the negatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area