Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 04:08 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,689 times

Advertisements

More great drone footage of progress on the Civic Center. Also some great shots of the city and the capitol building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVsEykg-0SQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 06:08 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times
If anybody has been paying attention, work on the civic center is moving fast. It's incredible how fast considering the city is involved! Lol

Both the riverfront side, and the main lobby entrance are being built simultaneously. I really like the look of the lobby entrance and the already completed Clendenin Street entrance, but I'm not too crazy about the look so far of the riverfront. It still has a ways to go, so there is plenty of time to change my mind. When it is all completed it will be top notch, and hopefully by then the CTC hasn't gone belly up.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
If anybody has been paying attention, work on the civic center is moving fast. It's incredible how fast considering the city is involved! Lol

Both the riverfront side, and the main lobby entrance are being built simultaneously. I really like the look of the lobby entrance and the already completed Clendenin Street entrance, but I'm not too crazy about the look so far of the riverfront. It still has a ways to go, so there is plenty of time to change my mind. When it is all completed it will be top notch, and hopefully by then the CTC hasn't gone belly up.
Drove by last night and I couldn't agree agree more. It is absolutely beautiful, even at night! I think the riverfront side will come together later.

Google maps updated their street view feature in September around the city. Although that's already several months old, it provides some really neat shots of the renovations and the new layout of the civic center.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.3554...7i13312!8i6656

Old 03-02-2018, 10:25 PM

146 posts, read 166,218 times
now to get ground broken for the new hotel..........

Old 05-31-2018, 03:01 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times
Main lobby has a ribbon cutting ceremony.

WV MetroNews – Charleston officials cut ribbon on civic center’s grand lobby

Old 06-01-2018, 12:10 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,071,336 times
I see one of our very own here at CD made the comment section

Old 06-01-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Will be attending the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert tonight. Will hopefully take some time beforehand to walk around the new areas and take some pics.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:30 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I see one of our very own here at CD made the comment section
I must be doing something wrong. I don't see any comments.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:01 AM

778 posts, read 794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I must be doing something wrong. I don't see any comments.

It was a post I made. Often the WVGazette website will record comments and then a day or so later, wipe them all - or hack some out, seemingly at random. I can still see my post but that is because it is cached on my hard drive.

I was pointing out that outside of the new expansion had ugly green panels. It is obviously a protective covering for the materials beneath but I wanted to make note of it because it has been up there over a year, when the rest of it has been taken down. So, in my post, I asserted it must be the final look.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:12 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,071,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden Grace View Post
It was a post I made. Often the WVGazette website will record comments and then a day or so later, wipe them all - or hack some out, seemingly at random. I can still see my post but that is because it is cached on my hard drive.

I was pointing out that outside of the new expansion had ugly green panels. It is obviously a protective covering for the materials beneath but I wanted to make note of it because it has been up there over a year, when the rest of it has been taken down. So, in my post, I asserted it must be the final look.
I have noticed that as well. It looks like insulation to me. But it’s hard to tell from that picture. And I haven’t had an actual close up look at it in person yet. I certainly hope it is covered or taken down soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston