Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 07:22 AM

218 posts, read 244,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
how could you be frustrated after a win?
I am a Raiders fan. I thought I've mentioned that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 07:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
I am a Raiders fan. I thought I've mentioned that.
Oh... nuff said. I would be mad too. You gave up way too much for Palmer. Dude is done.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Yeah, that is what happen when a coach try to act like he is a GM. But somehow I can't blame him too much, he is thinking about now and not few years from now. He may not be the coach for too long if he continues to call such a bonehead plays. That was dumb to throw Palmer into the fire like that.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
Yeah, that is what happen when a coach try to act like he is a GM. But somehow I can't blame him too much, he is thinking about now and not few years from now. He may not be the coach for too long if he continues to call such a bonehead plays. That was dumb to throw Palmer into the fire like that.
when you are traded for a 1st and a potential 1st or 2nd there is no fire.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,176 times
I'd give up a 5th, maybe 4th round pick for Palmer but no chance a 1st or 2nd. He's not looked really good in a while IMO. Hate that Campbell got hurt.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:47 AM

They would have offered the 4th or 5th but they got none.

All I can hope for is that Palmer will get 60% of the plays down and be ready to go when the Donkeys come to the blackhole.

I am looking forward to see how Panthers defense will fair out against Adrian Peterson. Ponder is pretty good, he did well against the NFL Champ.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:30 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Panthers fans never missed Kasay as much as they did today. In fairness, Mare didn't cost the game. The two costly fumbles which the Vikings converted on did.

Sad loss but at least a fellow FSU alum got his first win (i.e. Ponder).

Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,277,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Panthers fans never missed Kasay as much as they did today. In fairness, Mare didn't cost the game. The two costly fumbles which the Vikings converted on did.

Sad loss but at least a fellow FSU alum got his first win (i.e. Ponder).
No, missing the field goal cost them the game (think Miami/FSU in the 90s...wide right ring a bell)...FSU is garbage, losing to Wake Forest??....garbage.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:15 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,762 times
Penalties and bad defensive play lost another one. The O-line didn't protect Cam at the start like they should have. Although those turnovers were extremely costly, the Panthers stayed ahead more than they trailed. Very winnable game turned to crap thanks to many factors. I have pretty much lost hope of more than one more win this season. If they make some big changes on defense and special teams in the off season, we will see a nice season next year. The offense is pretty much setting up a win for the team, but that doesn't cut it when you have the worst ranked defense and special teams in the league.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:34 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Penalties and bad defensive play lost another one. The O-line didn't protect Cam at the start like they should have. Although those turnovers were extremely costly, the Panthers stayed ahead more than they trailed. Very winnable game turned to crap thanks to many factors. I have pretty much lost hope of more than one more win this season. If they make some big changes on defense and special teams in the off season, we will see a nice season next year. The offense is pretty much setting up a win for the team, but that doesn't cut it when you have the worst ranked defense and special teams in the league.
I'd love to know where the Panthers would be at if they had their two starting LB's on the field all year right now. Not sure an overhaul is needed on defense but getting those two guys back plus maybe adding that run-stuffing DT to get some pressure up the middle so Charles can do his thing on the edge would be pretty sweet.

A tough loss today but after watching last year and a few similar losses this year I almost knew that was going to happen, unfortunately. Still at least a year away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte