Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 06:42 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
You really think thats why? The Panthers dominated offensively. Moss and Hightower don't play defense. Fletcher is a nice player.
I think that's why Washington didn't keep it closer. I missed the second half but from what I saw in the first half the ground game was keeping Cam on the sideline and controlling the clock.

The whole Hightower response if for the resident expert who said Hightower wouldn't be an issue.... I have to admit, I had no idea Cam and company would hang 30+ on the D. The guy is the truth and the first scramble was a thing of beauty. You want him to throw it but plays like that are worth the price of admission.

Anyone who still has reservations about Cam should stop watching football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Ponder looked pretty good against a stout GB defense, I was impressed by him, moreso than I ever was while he played at F$U. haha
I like Ponder (FSU Alum ) but that offensive line is that bad when it comes to the pocket. In GB though, he made some errors and missed a bunch of passes. As long as the Panthers limit Peterson, this should be a easy win due to the point that pressure should be able to get to Ponder. Though Ponder is pretty quick when pockets collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeltDesigner
They have all the pieces on offense but the D leaves much to be desired. Anytime they face a hard running RB I think it poses a problem for them because the rush D is bad.
Even as bad as you make the defense, their offense is that bad. Their leading receiver on the season is Fred Davis (???) and Hightower is nowhere as good as you make him. He averages 3.2 yards/carry (not good). As predicted, John Beck looked just as bad as I said against this lacking panther defense. He threw a pick and had a fumble lost.

Quote:
I just found out Hightower was hurt, Moss broke his hand and Fletcher was hurt. I know injuries are part of the game but this explains why the first half was so close and the Panthers ran away in the second half.
And the Panthers don't have injuries to key players...

Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 PM

The Panthers have key injuries on D and it's part of the reason they are ranked so low. Hightower had 65 yards in the first quarter and was carving up the Panther D early on.

I never said Hightower would lead the league in rushing, all I said was he would be a difficult matchup for the Panther run D. It doesn't matter what players or teams do vs the rest of the league, when they play the Panthers I'll judge them based on how I think the Panthers will play them.

Ponder played extremely well vs the Packers... I know he didn't win or complete every pass so he sucks. LOL. The good thing is Peterson is nicked up.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I like Ponder (FSU Alum ) but that offensive line is that bad when it comes to the pocket. In GB though, he made some errors and missed a bunch of passes. As long as the Panthers limit Peterson, this should be a easy win due to the point that pressure should be able to get to Ponder. Though Ponder is pretty quick when pockets collapse.

Even as bad as you make the defense, their offense is that bad. Their leading receiver on the season is Fred Davis (???) and Hightower is nowhere as good as you make him. He averages 3.2 yards/carry (not good). As predicted, John Beck looked just as bad as I said against this lacking panther defense. He threw a pick and had a fumble lost.

And the Panthers don't have injuries to key players...
There is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL, you should know better. Based on your it's so "easy" to make predictions and coach in the NFL, stop wasting time on this forum and take your talent to south beach.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:44 AM

218 posts, read 244,625 times
Wow, you guys need some seriously drinks. Stop acting like y'all a sports writers. Bottom line is, everyone should be entitle to their opinions. By week 16 the Panthers will still have a losing season no matter how you word it. Done deal.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
Wow, you guys need some seriously drinks. Stop acting like y'all a sports writers. Bottom line is, everyone should be entitle to their opinions. By week 16 the Panthers will still have a losing season no matter how you word it. Done deal.
who said they wouldn't have a losing record. Most people on here are talking about the upside this team has with Cam and the TE's and new HC.

I think you are the one who should take a drink and relax. Sounds like you are mad the Panthers are getting a little press and moving in the right direction.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
I am somebody and giving my opinion, so what's your point? When one makes asinine preseason predictions, certainly one can handle the consequences; if you can't handle the heat stay the hell out of the kitchen.

So what if we have a losing record but seems we've potentially solved the QB position for a while and can build from there. "Done deal"?, in the words of the great Yogi Berra "it ain't over till it's over".

Your opinion/predicition seems safe enough, the Panthers having a losing record.

Sports writers? LOL.....sounds like someone is already in the sauce.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
who said they wouldn't have a losing record. Most people on here are talking about the upside this team has with Cam and the TE's and new HC.

I think you are the one who should take a drink and relax. Sounds like you are mad the Panthers are getting a little press and moving in the right direction.
Honestly, I do need a damn drink or two. I am getting so frustrated with my team.

Yes, I am one of those who are speaking on the upside on the Panthers. I have been giving them props since Cam took over.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I am somebody and giving my opinion, so what's your point? When one makes asinine preseason predictions, certainly one can handle the consequences; if you can't handle the heat stay the hell out of the kitchen.

So what if we have a losing record but seems we've potentially solved the QB position for a while and can build from there. "Done deal"?, in the words of the great Yogi Berra "it ain't over till it's over".

Your opinion/predicition seems safe enough, the Panthers having a losing record.

Sports writers? LOL.....sounds like someone is already in the sauce.
I was venting my frustration, for no good reason. Maybe I am reading into everything too damn much.

I agree, at times I can't handle the heat lol

Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM

how could you be frustrated after a win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte