Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:05 AM

3 posts, read 10,629 times

Advertisements

I think this can be argued back and forth. It could be bad and good. But I think the most important thing we are missing is a non toxic system. I have a wife and kid so i will not let a toxic spray in my home (in walls). Any ideas? illinoistommy@yahoo.com (North Carolina/ Charlotte)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:28 PM

873 posts, read 1,803,321 times
Table salt, gasoline, and all kinds of home & auto products are as "toxic" or more "toxic" than most pesticides labelled for structural pest control usage! Soapy water kills a lot of bugs and insects. Probably the least "toxic" of any effective treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommychicago View Post
I think this can be argued back and forth. It could be bad and good. But I think the most important thing we are missing is a non toxic system. I have a wife and kid so i will not let a toxic spray in my home (in walls). Any ideas? illinoistommy@yahoo.com (North Carolina/ Charlotte)

Old 09-22-2011, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 8,226 times
I recently bought a home with the Taexx system built in and it was a nice selling feature but when I went to set up service with Home Team Pest Defense and found out they charge more than twice as much for pest control treatment as their competitors I was a little less enamored with the Taexx system. I called other companies to set up service and was repeatedly told that Home Team "owns" the Taexx system built into my house and no other company can use it to treat my house (they can only spray the old way). So I thought, well let's at least get one treatment using the Taexx system so the stuff is in the walls, but Home Team will not come out to treat the home using the Taex system unless I sign a contract to have them treat it every quarter for twice when competitors charge ($150 quarterly versus $65-70 quarterly). They wouldn't even give me a price to have it treated just once, insisting I have to sign a contract. Suffice it to say I now think the Taexx system is a scam and a rip off.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 AM

194 posts, read 430,836 times
I have the same issue! I just bought a centex home, called and they quoted 70 dollars the 1st trip then $85 every 3 months. I asked for a 1 time spray and they would not do it. I found a few ants and freaked out My husband sprayed home defense around the house (it costs $4, and I haven't seen another ant). If I find anymore though I will have to suck it up and pay it!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 7,597 times
Default used to work for hometeam

my boss told me they don't work, it's all the products that they put around the house that kills the bugs.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM

104 posts, read 304,161 times
Way to pricey for me....

Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 7,369 times
Thanks for the feedback. We have just moved in (1/31/12) to a new home with the Centex house and Tubes-in-the-wall system and have not had any problems as well. We also have a Centex termite system as well. Has anyone had good or bad experience with the Centex Termite system.

Thank You
Don
North Carolina

Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 AM

5 posts, read 88,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Quattro View Post
I recently bought a home with the Taexx system built in and it was a nice selling feature but when I went to set up service with Home Team Pest Defense and found out they charge more than twice as much for pest control treatment as their competitors I was a little less enamored with the Taexx system. I called other companies to set up service and was repeatedly told that Home Team "owns" the Taexx system built into my house and no other company can use it to treat my house (they can only spray the old way). So I thought, well let's at least get one treatment using the Taexx system so the stuff is in the walls, but Home Team will not come out to treat the home using the Taex system unless I sign a contract to have them treat it every quarter for twice when competitors charge ($150 quarterly versus $65-70 quarterly). They wouldn't even give me a price to have it treated just once, insisting I have to sign a contract. Suffice it to say I now think the Taexx system is a scam and a rip off.
Hometeam does not charge twice what other companies do. In fact, Hometeam has rates between $65 and $125 depending on the size of your home. One time services are available. All pest control companies require a contract. In order to apply pesticides legally you have to have a signed agreement. Period.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:55 AM

Hometeam does not put 8 ounces of liquid in each tube. It is 1 ounce of liquid per tube followed by compressed nitrogen to disperse the product. 1 ounce of concentrated insecticide over a 35' length is minimal but does provide a secondary line of defense.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I would do a forum search on it. I seem to recall a thread about a year or so ago and someone had some real problems w/ those tubes in a Centex home, maybe had to stay in a hotel for awhile and they got sick or something. I'll see if I can find it.

found it

[url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/512710-post11.html[/url]
The guy who wrote that is an idiot. First off he said the pesticide from the tubes in the wall made his family so sick they had to leave for a few days. Then he says they realized gas was leaking in the house. So I guess it could not have been the gas leaking in the house that made his family sick, it had to be the pesticides right? The pesticides used in the tubes in the wall is an ordorless emulsifiable concentrate. There is no smell or fumes from the pesticide used in the walls and it is only nitrogen used as a propellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte