Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 12:38 PM

136 posts, read 181,713 times

Advertisements

Sorry...

Old 06-02-2014, 01:19 PM

398 posts, read 619,164 times
i think we are all waiting for the trial. Nothing gets me going more than urban planning math

Old 06-02-2014, 02:03 PM

549 posts, read 680,632 times
August is coming...CAPSMEMBER?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:46 PM

396 posts, read 972,683 times
How about thoughts on the budget proposal the BOE has submitted? The "free" redistricting is looking pretty costly.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:49 PM

451 posts, read 712,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catonc View Post
How about thoughts on the budget proposal the BOE has submitted? The "free" redistricting is looking pretty costly.
Please point out the "redistricting" costs in the proposed budget. The details are all right out there. Line by line. Be careful now.

I will go one step further. Why doesn't Mr United/(United) point out where the "redistricting" costs are since the "FREE" analysis is all over his bus site?

If you don't like the budget you are either anti-teacher because the Operating/Current Expense budget is relatively unchanged from 2013-14 except for teachers or anti-adequate schools at this standpoint.

Two steps forward two weeks ago, 1/2 step back last night but with some significant Yates tea leaves despite the boxing in approach.

Where were the Wesley Chapel wolves last night? You heard from a different part of the county last night on both sides of the budget/tax issue but no WC let alone WO. BoCC still has the clown brigade in full force. How much is the Helms name still worth here? I feel for Coto and Yates. Not sure why Yates is here. He is too smart for UC.

Can't wait for the June 16th fireworks show.

The budget/appeal tango will be settled on or before June 30. Your tax rate depends on musical therapy, perhaps a carveout for tango music, of all things...

Old 06-03-2014, 09:34 PM

136 posts, read 181,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
I feel for Coto and Yates. Not sure why Yates is here. He is too smart for UC.

Can't wait for the June 16th fireworks show.

The budget/appeal tango will be settled on or before June 30. Your tax rate depends on musical therapy, perhaps a carveout for tango music, of all things...
True What's the over-under on the relevance of the current budget proposal once Raleigh hands down the next challenge - big cuts in teacher assistants and squeezied textbook, technology, and transportation funds? Back to the drawing board? Other districts are producing contingency plans, dipping into emergency and rainy- day funds. I wonder how our emergency fund is doing ...

Old 06-03-2014, 10:15 PM

No, it's all about music therapy...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-co-wants.html

Last edited by SunshineCJ; 06-03-2014 at 10:33 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 05:38 AM

396 posts, read 972,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Please point out the "redistricting" costs in the proposed budget. The details are all right out there. Line by line. Be careful now.

I will go one step further. Why doesn't Mr United/(United) point out where the "redistricting" costs are since the "FREE" analysis is all over his bus site?

If you don't like the budget you are either anti-teacher because the Operating/Current Expense budget is relatively unchanged from 2013-14 except for teachers or anti-adequate schools at this standpoint
So you are saying that all of the expansion of core facilities at the schools that are now receiving an influx of students would have been in this years budget proposal if redistricting wasn't happening? Some reason I doubt they would have been expanding lunchrooms, serving lines, etc without it. And while I'm glad it's happening because we are moving to stay in our schools and our schools are one of the ones being expanded, it's awfully coincidental that these things are happening now.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:25 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times
I think it's stupid there are "good" and "bad" public schools.

Just because some kids don't live in a 500,000 house, it shouldn't mean they get "bad" education.

I think folks need to enroll their kids in private school as opposed to wanting to segregate schools by those with higher incomes to get better public education and those with lower incomes to get worse public education.

It just doesn't seem fair to the kids.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catonc View Post
So you are saying that all of the expansion of core facilities at the schools that are now receiving an influx of students would have been in this years budget proposal if redistricting wasn't happening? Some reason I doubt they would have been expanding lunchrooms, serving lines, etc without it. And while I'm glad it's happening because we are moving to stay in our schools and our schools are one of the ones being expanded, it's awfully coincidental that these things are happening now.
Read the budget including all the exhibits.

All of those great SV examples were in the jury award that is on appeal, pre-redistricting. It has been outlined for years.

There is a deal on the table to settle it. It was outlined and documented by Yates on Monday night. It's all in black and white. Things may finally get fixed and be a little more equitable.

Last edited by SunshineCJ; 06-04-2014 at 07:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte