Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 PM

397 posts, read 664,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSMEMBER View Post
Been inactive for a bit. As you may have read, we are preparing for our final challenge, then on with the summer, one way or another.

One thing I read here - proposed new school site for Waxhaw-Marvin and 75. I have heard this too. This one really bothers me as it would be a cluster designed to serve virtually only the nearly 2000 now empty lots in Millbridge and a few hundred or so in Lawson. Does little to provide flexibility for any other part of the county. This is why I keep harping on building slightly to the east of the population centers. That would provide more flexibility for the future, providing the ability to draw from more neighborhoods in more directions, maybe minimizing redistricting down the road.

Anyone agree?
Yeah, I mentioned that a few pages back - saw it in the minutes somewhere. I'm not sure how they came about that location. I guess it could work - serve those west of providence road perhaps and allow cuthbertson to serve more of the east of providence area. Again, that would mean another redistricting. Never easy. The newness of the school doesn't mean much when most of your friends are being left behind. Again - the UCPS system until otherwise changed.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:36 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
If they build it will be interesting to see where. They need to improve existing immediately. But, the extreme NW corner is an issue - Rea and Marvin ES are way underutilized. Even smaller classes coming in. Cuthbertson needs another ES - almost makes sense to send over SRES as part of Cuthbertson (if you can avert your eyes as you pass by MRHS)... or they build another ES... which could end up just like Rea and Marvin.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:36 PM

631 posts, read 891,610 times
On a related note to my consolidation redistricting, before that all started, I didn't attend my neighborhood school. Half our neighborhood did, the rest including myself had to cross a main road to another area to get to our school. They drew a line right through the middle of the hood, anything north of neighborhood street X went one way, everyone south went another.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:42 PM

451 posts, read 711,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSMEMBER View Post

One thing I read here - proposed new school site for Waxhaw-Marvin and 75. I have heard this too. This one really bothers me as it would be a cluster designed to serve virtually only the nearly 2000 now empty lots in Millbridge and a few hundred or so in Lawson. Does little to provide flexibility for any other part of the county. This is why I keep harping on building slightly to the east of the population centers. That would provide more flexibility for the future, providing the ability to draw from more neighborhoods in more directions, maybe minimizing redistricting down the road.

Anyone agree?
Where are the facts here? The conspiracy theory makes no sense. Waxhaw is going to be left in the dust in comparison to Indian Trail and Monroe when it comes to growth. And politically it won't happen with west vs. east.

The exceptions would be a sewer line from Weddington to Marvin and/or some more TT magic.

Last edited by SunshineCJ; 05-28-2014 at 07:52 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 07:42 PM

631 posts, read 891,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
If they build it will be interesting to see where. They need to improve existing immediately. But, the extreme NW corner is an issue - Rea and Marvin ES are way underutilized. Even smaller classes coming in. Cuthbertson needs another ES - almost makes sense to send over SRES as part of Cuthbertson (if you can avert your eyes as you pass by MRHS)... or they build another ES... which could end up just like Rea and Marvin.
Rea View Day Care opening 2020?
Marvin YMCA and Cricket Club opening 2021?

Joking aside, Rea View is one of the more flexible sites. It's not tied to a community. MES and SRES are physically connected to neighborhoods.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:47 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
Rea View Day Care opening 2020?
Marvin YMCA and Cricket Club opening 2021?

Joking aside, Rea View is one of the more flexible sites. It's not tied to a community. MES and SRES are physically connected to neighborhoods.
The neighborhoods would go with them in this pre-YMCA scenario. lol

MES and Rea View are buried in there real good.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:54 PM

527 posts, read 743,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Where are the facts here? The conspiracy theory makes no sense. Waxhaw is going to be left in the dust in comparison to Indian Trail and Monroe when comes to growth. And politically it won't happen with west vs. east.
The Western side of the county is clearly where a new school would have been needed... now with pushing students East, voila the "overcrowding" is a county wide problem and a new cluster can be justified further to the East.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 PM

451 posts, read 711,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
The Western side of the county is clearly where a new school would have been needed... now with pushing students East, voila the "overcrowding" is a county wide problem and a new cluster can be justified further to the East.
Let's try this...

I heard the BoE and certain new candidates would support Waxhaw getting its own HS cluster if Wesley Chapel got the Cuthbertson cluster back and didn't have to be in Sun Valley and Parkwood.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Old 05-28-2014, 08:36 PM

54 posts, read 92,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Let's try this...

I heard the BoE and certain new candidates would support Waxhaw getting its own HS cluster if Wesley Chapel got the Cuthbertson cluster back and didn't have to be in Sun Valley and Parkwood.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

I like it, good plan

Old 05-28-2014, 08:39 PM

54 posts, read 92,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawmom75 View Post
Atta boy, Raith. If anyone can take on the 'something wicked this way comes' its you ;-)

very weak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte