Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 AM

149 posts, read 165,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Yes. I think they had/have specific targets in mind.

Also, I think some CAPS members have limited reading comprehension skills after seeing their interpretations of the extremely small number of emails they have chosen to reveal to us. Their spin was quite amusing.

I think they have learned their lesson and are redacting names though. I saw this posted on FaceBook in a conversation in which CAPS members claimed to know Muffie's true identity------"Due to possible future litigation involving this person, the citizens name isn't being released by CAPS." Uhoh!
Well now, I find this to be completely fascinating. Back in the dark days of my engaging in pointless blather on fb, (before my lurking activity commenced on cd) I was told time and again that there almost certainly was not a "real" Muffie, and that she was probably a certain BOE member attempting to divide the rural South and East from the bedroom communities in the North West. One more conspiracy theory bites the dust...

Old 07-29-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingLItoNC View Post
Yes. One school system
However, don't be naive to that fact that most people moving to Union County will want to be in Marvin Ridge. No one is paying top dollar to be zoned for Sun Valley.
Builders know that. If you don't see the corruption then you are either blind to it or part of it!
I am neither blind nor part of some type of corruption. I simply don't care about housing values in the sub-divisions of North West Union County. If people moving to Union County want to be in Marvin Ridge, then HOORAY!!!! It'a good place for them.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:13 AM

156 posts, read 309,387 times
If you don't care....why are you on this thread??

Old 07-29-2014, 07:16 AM

93 posts, read 127,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger Branch Betty View Post
I am neither blind nor part of some type of corruption. I simply don't care about housing values in the sub-divisions of North West Union County. If people moving to Union County want to be in Marvin Ridge, then HOORAY!!!! It'a good place for them.
Is it that you don't care about housing values in general or you don't care about housing values in anyone else's area other than your own?

Old 07-29-2014, 07:24 AM

I'm going to guess that someone named Booger Branch Betty doesn't own property.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:29 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,024,837 times
Quote:
Yes. One school system
However, don't be naive to that fact that most people moving to Union County will want to be in Marvin Ridge. No one is paying top dollar to be zoned for Sun Valley.
Builders know that. If you don't see the corruption then you are either blind to it or part of it!
I'm just curious, feeling this way - why didn't you buy in Marvin Ridge? The worst case in that cluster was a small group was rezoned to Weddington and Cuthbertson. At the end of the day I know people who would argue they "like" Weddington or Cutherbertson better than MR - although, you don't seem to feel that way.

If you bought out at Billy Howey or down towards 75, you have to admit looking at the previous maps that you were at risk of being rezoned.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:34 AM

Mikey... I did purchase in MR.
I don't appreciate paying for MR only to be rezoned. If I wanted Weddington or Cuthbertson, I would have purchased there.

IMO....the redistricting will not end as long as developers can use higher ranking schools to sell their new sub division for higher values then switch out once everything is sold.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:44 AM

Moving LItoNC you have now called me naive, blind, corrupt and a property-less serf. Anything else?

Last edited by Booger Branch Betty; 07-29-2014 at 08:57 AM..

Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST & TEN View Post
Is it that you don't care about housing values in general or you don't care about housing values in anyone else's area other than your own?
A fine question. I don't worry about property values personally because I view real estate as a long term investment. In any case my area has been stable and will continue to be.
I am not very concerned for people who bought in a hot market thinking they flip in a few years because, again , that is like playing the stock market. You must accept risk when making that kind of speculation. I am also not very concerned for people who think the school system, i.e., tax payers, owe certain people some sort of guaranteed return on investment, just because for some reason they expected it.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:25 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Sounds like you have no children in the system or you are a board member.
Quote:
I'm going to guess that someone named Booger Branch Betty doesn't own property.

Ahh so rather than to address the message you are going to try and discredit the messenger. This kind of thing is the hallmark of someone who doesn't have a logical point to make. How I feel, how you feel, who a person might be, what someone has decided to call themselves on this forum, is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

As the judge said. You don't like what the BOE did, then take care of it in the voting booth. Blaming the BOE for falling property values based on false expectations and poor homework isn't going to do much for anyone. You can continue to do so, but nobody cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte