Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 04:04 PM

527 posts, read 744,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sounds like hyperbole, but if it is a "huge" mistake, they can always correct it next year.
Of course they can... it would violate their own policy, but hey why let a little thing like policy stand in the way of upsetting the lives of students and families. They demonstrated this year that policy is a strict rule if it's in favor of the BOE and a guideline when it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
The over capacity argument is old and tired. Not sure why the BOE apologists continue to go back to this as a basis for redistricting when it's been totally discredited by the facts.

However, I'll agree that there were a few schools over capacity, if you'll agree that the capacity numbers are made up BS. The simple fact that all of the watch and cap levels are capacity + x, rather than based on the physical attributes of the individual school bring their credibility into question. The simple fact that one school can have a cap level of 130% of capacity and another can have a watch level of 105% brings their credibility into question. During redistricting we were lead to believe that capacity was somehow based on cafeterias and media centers... yet the BOE policy manual is clear that capacity shall be based on brick and mortar standard teaching stations excluding special use areas such as media centers and mobile classrooms.

The sad thing is that the goal of moving student population East to justify a new school on that side of the county it going to fail. A new school cluster will be needed in the future but much to the dismay of dear mr. Yercheck, it's going to need to be closer to Cuthbertson and Marvin Ridge than Porter Ridge, Piedmont, and Monroe. The BOE made a huge mistake by leaving Millbridge at Cuthbertson. If they, Millbridge, were so concerned about staying whole, the BOE should have moved them all to Parkwood and moved some of Billy Howey back to Cuthbertson. The Cuthbertson cluster cannot, long term, sustain both Millbridge and Lawson.
I notice you once again conveniently skipped the portion of the post that addressed head on the flaw in the need for redistricting in the first place.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
I notice you once again conveniently skipped the portion of the post that addressed head on the flaw in the need for redistricting in the first place.
I didn't skip over anything because there is no argument. No need for me to ignore or cogitate over irrelevancy. As I said to you months ago. It's done Son. It's just sour grapes at this point to keep arguing against the need for redistricting.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I didn't skip over anything because there is no argument. No need for me to ignore or cogitate over irrelevancy. As I said to you months ago. It's done Son. It's just sour grapes at this point to keep arguing against the need for redistricting.
True enough, you told me it was over... yet, I stayed the course and my kids are enrolled at Cuthbertson when their assigned school is Parkwood. Hmm, that's interesting.

I can easily drop the argument against the need for redistricting. But I'll never stop the fight against the false justification and the lack of disregard for stakeholders. That's why the two of us could, I'm proud to say, never agree or find a common ground. Your position is based in a belief of mythical numbers and complete support for bureaucrats and politicians. My position is grounded in facts and the obligation of common people to challenge status quo.

As I told you, there are people in this world that get things done to them and there are people that get things done.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 PM

24 posts, read 30,135 times
No, just anti incumbent. Except for Savage. Marton is another Yercheck.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Nasty View Post
Waldo, that is where you and a lot of people disagree….redistirciting should NOT be used year after year after year after year…..moving families from one cluster to another to correct an oversight. You apparently think that is fine
I didn't say whether it was fine or not. I was stating a fact to dispel nonsense theories that have no basis in the law. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since some took a case to court that had not chance for this very reason.

Whether you like it or not is in the eyes of the beholder and irrelevant to what the messenger things. Though I suppose, that those who might not have anything else to say might wish to make it about anyone who points this essential fact out.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
True enough, you told me it was over... yet, I stayed the course and my kids are enrolled at Cuthbertson when their assigned school is Parkwood. Hmm, that's interesting.
You keeps repeating this as if it is suppose to mean something to me. It doesn't and I have no idea what it's suppose to mean. It sounds, however, as if you are happy about the outcome of redistricting process. Good for you.

If so, then I'm not sure why you are still complaining. Despite your months of posts here to the negative, redistricting has ended up very positive for you and your family. That's a pretty damning indictment against those who have protested loudly for months against it.

i.e. Like trying to shear the pig for wool. Lots of squealing but little to show for it. LOL.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
If so, then I'm not sure why you are still complaining. Despite your months of posts here to the negative, redistricting has ended up very positive for you and your family. That's a pretty damning indictment against those who have protested loudly for months against it.
LOL, nice try.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:44 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
I actually commend Mike for continuing to post in here against redistricting even after his own kids got to stay at their old school.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
....….Can you at least comprehend why people are upset, why people don't want to move every 2-3 yrs. That there may be a better answer of "Its over son, just move along"?
Again you try to make it about the messenger rather than the message. Of course anyone can understand why people are upset. But upset for 8 months and harping about it like it just happened and still can be changed. This is called being obsessed over something beyond your control to change.

IMO, this represents a very small minority of people. The vast majority have moved on and taken whatever steps they need to take to resolve it to their satisfaction like our friend above. (though he isn't man enough to admit it) If you count yourself among the obsessed, you won't find any solace from me or anyone else if that is what you seek by continuing to make such posts.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Quote:
So people that weren't affected shouldn't have a comment or opinion on if something can affect them NEXT time? Phils, unless something changes, its going to happen again, and again….only a fool would think otherwise
I was referring to people like GONYMETS who apparently had an epiphany and "came to grips with the redistricting"...only after their neighborhood was changed of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte