Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 09:07 AM

49 posts, read 146,566 times

Advertisements

It was a litte disappointing that they couldn't place it where you want it. So now we have to work around it. I'm putting a full bath with a standard size bedroom and plenty
of storage. Maybe even doing a larger laundry room.
This will bring our total sqft to +/- 2500 after finished!! Not bad.
Still, No garage, but being in a gated community I 'd rather have the sqft.
Good call Queencitygirl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 09:12 AM

4 posts, read 8,823 times
Yes, we thought about doing the same: a large bedroom with a full bath and we were even thinking of placing a small kitchen w/sink for the bar area... We're so excited. And yes, that increases the sqft. Have you found a contractor or will you do it on your own?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:50 AM

286 posts, read 1,045,226 times
We will be moving into a Quartermaine in August and are very excited! Is anyone planning on taking the Lynx to/from Uptown for work?

Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 PM

10 posts, read 28,279 times
Default Park South Station

I just dropped my paperwork in the mailbox. I am officially making PSS my new home. I was the 4th in a group that is slated to be done in June or July. For those of you who have already built, is that timeline realistic? I don't want to stay in temporary housing any longer than necessary. Thanks to those of you who passed on dog sitting and temp housing suggestions. I am open to more if anyone has them!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:17 PM

17 posts, read 43,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGNY View Post
I just dropped my paperwork in the mailbox. I am officially making PSS my new home. I was the 4th in a group that is slated to be done in June or July. For those of you who have already built, is that timeline realistic? I don't want to stay in temporary housing any longer than necessary. Thanks to those of you who passed on dog sitting and temp housing suggestions. I am open to more if anyone has them!
I signed my paper work in October and was told by PSS that we would be looking for May Time frame and that all units were not sold yet so they haven't decided on a start date. The Start date was 3rd week in Feb and the Project Manager said a April/May Close date in the Pre-Construction Meeting. And I got a call from the Project Manager for a mid-April Close Date. So I will have to say they are pretty dead on with their time frames. But I will say I only had 3-4 days of rain during framing, which can slow the process. Hope this helps

Old 03-17-2008, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,437 times
I never expected to see such an extensive thread going about PSS!!! So glad to see that there will be plenty of friendly folks in the community. I just signed my contract for a Quartermaine...estimate completion is July. I look forward to meeting everything (and will likely swing by for some of the "Margarita festivities" that pre-date my closing!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 01:37 PM

17 posts, read 66,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGNY View Post
Hey, I went to contract in January 07 with the Windsor and have been getting delays since October 07. So just be prepared. Usually when they start construction they are on point with their estimated completion give or take. The condos just started construction and its March 2008. I am supposed to be moving in June or July (original move in was October 07) but, unfortunately, I am preparing for the event that it delays a tad longer. It was May just a month ago. But, being patient will pay off with this community. I am counting down the days...I cant wait!!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Can't wait too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside704 View Post
Hey, I went to contract in January 07 with the Windsor and have been getting delays since October 07. So just be prepared. Usually when they start construction they are on point with their estimated completion give or take. The condos just started construction and its March 2008. I am supposed to be moving in June or July (original move in was October 07) but, unfortunately, I am preparing for the event that it delays a tad longer. It was May just a month ago. But, being patient will pay off with this community. I am counting down the days...I cant wait!!!!
I hope things are better now because I am moving into temporary housing with a 64 lb dog, and I do not want to stay there for one day longer than I have to! Weird that they are telling me the same time frame. Hopefully we will both be moving in soon.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:38 PM

286 posts, read 1,045,226 times
Hi All,

I just read the following article in the Observer about the push to make SouthPark nationally recognized:

Charlotte News - Local News Charlotte | Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/548847.html - broken link)

The Charlotte Chamber - SouthPark Chapter is behind the push and will start by placing kiosks in different public locations. It looks like it's in response to a decline in hotel stays in the area, but regardless, this campaign will do nothing but increase interest even further in the SouthPark area. I think this is great news for fellow PSS'rs!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM

Default Guardian

Hi neighbors.

I am doing a conference call with Guardian next week. Since I am not exactly technologically savvy, I thought I would see if anyone had any advice. Are there things I should definately do? I was planning on a security system but do I need all of the "extras"? How about all of the other features they offer? A waste of money or a smart move?

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer!

PS - Cool article about the South Park area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte