Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, I have to say - I have had my moments of feeling road rage here. I am ashamed to say it, but I have. There is just no excuse for people not letting others merge (and that seems to be an ongoing problem here - we need more lanes on many of our highways, I think). It is like people are so concerned about their own "position" on the highway that they want to prove they are not going to be "defeated" by having to slow down - or move over - and let someone else in, LOL. And wow - it really does aggravate me. So I will have to say . . . the bad attitude comes out in me w/ that kind of driving and I think it makes people have a bad attitude about living here, in general. Maybe I am way off . . .

I think your approach about just brushing things off is the best way to deal with life . . . be a pleasant person and hope it rubs off on everyone else, LOL!!!!

I hope we won't get the reputation here of being a bunch of uptight people who have lost our civility.
The Japanese people are know as being some of the nicest people on Earth (except for the torturing of prisoners during WWII and other autrocities), but when these people are on the road, watch out!! They are wild animals with no patience. Sorry to say but this seems to be the status quo around the world. The only place that I have driven where people actually drive within the speed limit and on the correct side of the road is in Ireland. Americans are not road savvy enough to understand that on a duel lane highway, slower traffic is supposed to keep to the right. Lots of individuals have the old farmer attitude that it is their town and road and therefore will drive in whatever lane he/she wishes. Or, I am going the speed limit, why should I get over. Talk about causing road rage.

I usually do not speed up or slow down when individuals are merging into traffic to let them in. I maintain my speed and allow others to adjust their speeds so that they can blend in like they're supposed to do. I really hate it when I move over for a merging car to be nice and I am stuck in the fast lane. If it is impossible for the merving car to get in, I will be courteous and do whatever is neccessary to accomodate him/her.

My personal problem is that I am an A-type and do everything on high speed. I obey the rules but just drive about 10 mph over the speed limit (when safe to do so). But I try to be curteous as often as possible (unless the other driver is on the cell phone and then I am not curteous.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
There is a national survey done each year - don't remember who does it!! Maybe the Chambers of Commerce??? Anyway - they rank the most polite cities. I wonder if anyone can find that survey? Wonder where NC cities rank?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Gee, talking about "requesting" people to do something and having them listen.... I wonder just how many more replies will be about drivers/traffic that the Moderator has stated politely "please start a new Thread" about.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-22-2008 at 11:21 AM..

Old 04-22-2008, 11:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
There will not be anymore lol.
moderator note:
This subject has been covered and keeps veering off course.
Ill pass the iron skillet pan to loveboating to use when needed.
Thank you to all those who have contributed to this thread

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte