Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,686,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
A picture does say it all!

Considering Georgia has a black population of 30%, versus North Carolina’s black population of only 20%, North Carolina is obviously the more progressive state. Somebody forgot to tell the black folks in Georgia that “We’z Free Nigh!”…
Not sure what this means. So, I'll just consider you an idiot.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:11 AM

BTW, see the new thread ( city data member name - wtjham)regarding a Charlotte resident trying to get repair tips for the cheap vinyl housing I mentioned. Again, this cheap product - built all over the town will be it's demise. YOU CANNOT gentrify a suburb!!. So why build a bunch of junk that in 7-to 10 years will look like miles and miles of section 8 housing. The sad part is, the cost differential of vinyl siding versus hardiplank for a small house is between $2000-$3000. Sad.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:30 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Not sure what this means. So, I'll just consider you an idiot.
It means all the shiny tall buildings; purr-dee horseless carriages and fancy flying machines can’t mask the fact that Atlanta is a big overgrown country hick town in Georgia. Just go read the Atlanta forum.

Exhibit A: ATL’s finest….

Old 01-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
It means all the shiny tall buildings; purr-dee horseless carriages and fancy flying machines can’t mask the fact that Atlanta is a big overgrown country hick town in Georgia. Just go read the Atlanta forum.

Exhibit A: ATL’s finest….
The Pic is funny. Still not sure why you injected race in your original post. Still an idiot - since the thread was not about race. Speaking of hick/country, I'm orginally from NY, LI so from my POV both places can be deemed country/hick. Charlottle100x more than Atlanta. And with a member name like Carolina Blue I'm sure you'd fit in both places very well. Charlotte more than Atlanta. "y'all"

Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Quote:
The Pic is funny. Still not sure why you injected race in your original post. Still an idiot - since the thread was not about race. Speaking of hick/country, I'm orginally from NY, LI so from my POV both places can be deemed country/hick. Charlottle100x more than Atlanta. And with a member name like Carolina Blue I'm sure you'd fit in both places very well. Charlotte more than Atlanta. "y'all"
No, what you just said was funny, “Georgia is country; oh, but I’m not from here, I’m from New York”. It doesn’t matter where you’re originally from, you an Atlanta Bama now! If you pay taxes there, it’s your home. Deal with it. Get chu some grillz, and be proud living in yo red state. Don't be shame! Claim it! LMAO!!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina blue View Post
no, what you just said was funny, “georgia is country; oh, but i’m not from here, i’m from new york”. It doesn’t matter where you’re originally from, you an atlanta bama now! If you pay taxes there, it’s your home. Deal with it. Get chu some grillz, and be proud living in yo red state. Don't be shame! Claim it! Lmao!!!!
ha!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
No, what you just said was funny, “Georgia is country; oh, but I’m not from here, I’m from New York”. It doesn’t matter where you’re originally from, you an Atlanta Bama now! If you pay taxes there, it’s your home. Deal with it. Get chu some grillz, and be proud living in yo red state. Don't be shame! Claim it! LMAO!!!!
I just went for a walk to get some luch and passed by Lo la's in the "city" which is full and serving the the best nastiest country greasy food. Love the city.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM

414 posts, read 1,277,145 times
Quote:
Actually, your post reminded me that there is at least one similarity between the two cities....they are both chalk-full of very happy people that finally escaped the misery of Long Island.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The only reason why these two cities are ever compared is because (outside of Florida) Atlanta and Charlotte are the two largest metros in the South. I consider DC to be more mid-Atlantic than southern BTW. Nationally, Charlotte is about the 25th largest metro in the country and Atlanta is around number 10. These are based on CSA populations; not MSA's which are smaller.
Obviously you're excluding Texas as well which is generally considered Southern.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:19 PM

93 posts, read 202,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Do you think Charlotte is similar to Atlanta, or is it just comparing apples to oranges??
Not really. Only similar as they are both cities in the deep south.
Atlanta is about 3 times bigger than Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte