Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:45 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times

Advertisements

Tried "Angela's" tonight (corner of Margaret Wallace and Idewild). Owner's are from NJ.

Dined in and was extremely impressed w/the pizza. I haven't tried the ones by Ballantyne, but I would have to say this is the best pie I've had so far....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 09:11 AM

185 posts, read 583,026 times
Default Jersey Pizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Tried "Angela's" tonight (corner of Margaret Wallace and Idewild). Owner's are from NJ.

Dined in and was extremely impressed w/the pizza. I haven't tried the ones by Ballantyne, but I would have to say this is the best pie I've had so far....
YUM! That place rocks! (Angela's) Tried Tony's, was good, It's more of a "pizza joint" feel then Angela's because they sell by the slice. Angela's does not.
But we have no problem eating the whole pie (or two) at Angela's.
(Entree's are delicious as well,best sauce i've tasted in a long time)

Old 10-28-2007, 11:20 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,980,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
<crackin' up> Door, did you not sense the sarcasm oozing out of my fingertips as i typed that? I find it amusing how passionate we get in these threads once the word PIZZA is mentioned. I finally have a FAVORITE place here in N.C ,the owners are also JERSEY transplants! My only complaint there is..... they are lacking the "mouse suit" !
Thank You!!!!! I can sleep now. Had a feeling you were kidding and sensed a Jersey sense of humor. Ever been to the "Sawmill " in Seaside Heights? How about Pizza Land in Kearny. I don't miss my family more than anything other than those two places. Thanks for the laugh.............

Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 AM

33 posts, read 31,170 times
Nice, we will have to check it out. We live very close-by to Angela's. Kind of off topic, but does anybody know of a breakfast diner that has that 'small-town' feel to it? We went to one out in WNC and was hoping there is one in the CLT area...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post

Old 10-29-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Thank You!!!!! I can sleep now. Had a feeling you were kidding and sensed a Jersey sense of humor. Ever been to the "Sawmill " in Seaside Heights? How about Pizza Land in Kearny. I don't miss my family more than anything other than those two places. Thanks for the laugh.............
LOL..sawmill was a pitstop sometimes before hitting temptations club! seems sooo long ago. "Sopranoland" have not tried.( Guess I missed out)

Old 10-29-2007, 08:35 AM

Default OFF topic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKITNC View Post
Nice, we will have to check it out. We live very close-by to Angela's. Kind of off topic, but does anybody know of a breakfast diner that has that 'small-town' feel to it? We went to one out in WNC and was hoping there is one in the CLT area...
Hey TKITNC, Jimmy's in Mint hill is good for breakfast. lots of regulars.Also For small town feel,real SMALL town feel,try Happys grill, it's in a small lil old strip mall off of Lawyers Rd. Everyone seemed to know everyone there on the trips we ate there. You know like CHeers. lol. From what I understand, it's been there a long time.( You said small town feel , not fancy right?) lol

Last edited by newtothis; 10-29-2007 at 08:43 AM..

Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 AM

33 posts, read 31,170 times
Nice, we live very close to both of those establishments. Yes, not fancy, but warm and welcoming. I think Jimmy's is the kind of place we are looking for. I really appreciate the info. I knew City Data was good for something!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
Hey TKITNC, Jimmy's in Mint hill is good for breakfast. lots of regulars.Also For small town feel,real SMALL town feel,try Happys grill, it's in a small lil old strip mall off of Lawyers Rd. Everyone seemed to know everyone there the on the trips we ate there. You know like CHeers. lol. From what I understand, it's been there a long time.( You said small town feel , not fancy right?) lol

Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
Hey, you NE guys are driving me crazy! I've got diabetes and so rarely indulge in pizza. BUT all of this pizza talk has made me ready to forget the carb count and to hop a plane back to New Haven and Pepe's. Now that what I call pizza!!!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Barb, try making your own pie with spelt flour or buying the spelt dough. It tastes good and is less carbs/sugar than wheat. You can get it at Talley's, Earth Fare, Home Economist Market.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
Hey, you NE guys are driving me crazy! I've got diabetes and so rarely indulge in pizza. BUT all of this pizza talk has made me ready to forget the carb count and to hop a plane back to New Haven and Pepe's. Now that what I call pizza!!!!!
hey....when it comes to good food.......CARB SCHMARB BARB! lol
(diabetes on the other hand, well...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte