Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddville View Post
Well i still live their i seen it ups and downs but i`m see a change slowly getting better.their tearing down eyesore and rebuilding other and soon closeing down both pubic housing area and some of you would see this if you weren`t fly though here doing 75 mph
The sad truth here is, you have to fly through Robbins to avoid the bums coming up to your car begging for money and spraying their pee pee window cleaner on your windows and wiping it off with crumpled up newspaper that looks like they wiped their ***** with.

Robbins is horrible plain and simple. To recommend it to anyone for living is just obsurd! It may be great that a Citgo is opening, but you watch it will be closed in five years after a number of shootings and robberies take place there. Oh and to argue that someone saying Robbins is 100% black and then pull a stat proving it is only 95.6% black or whatever is completely rediculos! What are we talking, 5 people in the town that may not be black? Come on now. I think the point the person who said Robbins is 100% black was trying to make was to just give an idea of what the town looks like and it's living conditions. The whole purpose of this website is to inform newbies to the area on where safe places to live are and to inform them about questions regarding certain areas are. Not to argue with others over stupid 5% variations in statistics and to try to rejuvenate cities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 02:37 AM

84 posts, read 1,103,814 times
Default Good Propaganda

Robbins, shouldnt be knocked because it is black...............

100% of my income, is generated by people allowing me in their homes(intimately I might add) every room, pet, child, clothes on floor, wife's jewerley/underwear you know............

In 2004 alone City of Robbins (residents) earned me a gross of 5K, Phoenix 2K, Posen/Dixmoor 2k, those cities (which are black and similar to Robbins) amounted to 35% of 92K. I live by zipcodes............every 90 bucks of that 35% came from me working in their homes...........face to face..........black homes........."salts of the earth as far as Im concerned""good people"

When I stated that Robbins was 100% black, I did not intend it to mean, that black is bad..............black people do have better taste than white's when purchasing home electronics............back to the point.............Robbins is only the size of three complete McComick places, in less than ten years, every square foot of land will be triple in price.........Crestwood is chomping at the bit to acquire it, and other burbs as well..........

If I had the money right now, I would purchase any property in Robbins, from pulaski to three blocks east from south to north............................Why, I love large lots with lots of trees, and Robbins has that going for them.....

I retract the no hope comment its not that bad

Old 09-09-2007, 08:06 AM

180 posts, read 408,874 times
part of i-294 runs through Robbins. I think that is as close to Robbins as anyone should ever get.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:04 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,181,392 times
Its a poor, depressed community that needs jobs, security and possibly some help with environmental issues. Let's end the cyber-slumming.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM

3 posts, read 12,087 times
Lightbulb dont judge

first off robbins illinois is not a bad place. the people make the place. and if they are living under poerty its not there fault. the way the world is today is terrible. form gas prices to the economy. the world itself is a bad place to live not just robbins. my family both sides mother and father where raised in robbins. the great dwayne wade eas born and raised there. and look where he's at. great schools great teachers. there still some nice loving people living there

Last edited by thy-shall-not-judge; 01-29-2008 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: got alot on my mind

Old 01-29-2008, 04:02 PM

robberies and shootings go on everywhere in the world. id rather be living in robbins than to be some poor person out on the street. yes bad things happen there but no place in this entire world is safe but heaven. so untill we all die we will just have to play with the cards we were dealt

quote=NYrules;1446424]The sad truth here is, you have to fly through Robbins to avoid the bums coming up to your car begging for money and spraying their pee pee window cleaner on your windows and wiping it off with crumpled up newspaper that looks like they wiped their ***** with.

Robbins is horrible plain and simple. To recommend it to anyone for living is just obsurd! It may be great that a Citgo is opening, but you watch it will be closed in five years after a number of shootings and robberies take place there. Oh and to argue that someone saying Robbins is 100% black and then pull a stat proving it is only 95.6% black or whatever is completely rediculos! What are we talking, 5 people in the town that may not be black? Come on now. I think the point the person who said Robbins is 100% black was trying to make was to just give an idea of what the town looks like and it's living conditions. The whole purpose of this website is to inform newbies to the area on where safe places to live are and to inform them about questions regarding certain areas are. Not to argue with others over stupid 5% variations in statistics and to try to rejuvenate cities![/quote]

Old 01-29-2008, 04:11 PM

hispanic and latinos were the only nice ones. come on now how racists is that. all my family attende school i robbins and i know for a fact that it was more nice people than that. teachers are supppose to help out. but now your online talking about the students and faulcuty in robbins. thats not right at all and your a teacher talking about excuse my spelling. your pprobably why there test scores were low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmdh View Post
I used to teach in Robbins. It really is not a safe place to live. Some houses are shot gun houses, small or dilapidated. There are NO gas stations, shoe stores, restaurants, grocery stores, private doctor/dentist offices, etc.

There is cook county clinic and a few rinky-dink hole in the wall fast food places and licqor stores. The schools test well below average however there were some great teachers and the parents (Hispanic and Latino) are VERY involved in their children's education. The children and parents are very nice.

It's dark and unwelcoming especially at night. You will do ALL of your shopping in Crestwood, Midlothian, Calumet Park, Blue Island or Alsip. Please disregard misspelled words. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 PM

677 posts, read 4,209,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thy-shall-not-judge View Post
and if they are living under poerty its not there fault.
That belief is why they are living in poverty. The lack of responsibility for their lives is why they don't get a job or do whatever it takes to improve their situation.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:47 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahava View Post
That belief is why they are living in poverty. The lack of responsibility for their lives is why they don't get a job or do whatever it takes to improve their situation.
Thanks for the great post! I acknowledge that many people are born into very tough circumstances and this makes it much harder for them to succeed them people of privilege That said, many people who are struggling as adults DID have opportunities to succeed in life, but CHOSE not to take advantage of them. It's easy to blame society without taking a long, hard look at the decisions people have made in their lives.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Being curious, I checked the MLS. There are 26 homes for sale with prices ranging from $19- $250K. Most of the properties seem to be bank-owned foreclosures. So it has affordability going for it.

Some day, we may all wish we had the foresight to snatch that $19K pup, up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs