Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 06:36 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
You live near Chicago and you don't own a gun?

Silly Rabbit. What's that they say about "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"? Or, "When seconds count, the police are minutes away".

You are responsible for your own safety. The cops are there to investigate after the fact, if they arrive in time to help you, it's mere luck, especially when their services are in such high demand. Also, your door needs to be sturdy enough that it takes a noisy minute or two to gain entry, to give you time to shake off the cobwebs and move to a defensible position.
That is why I mentioned earlier how many of my friends and neighbors are all looking into getting a gun and now so am I!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 06:57 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
so it seems to me that in Chicago, the liberals and weak ones were praising the cops for their ability to stand back, meaning, they didn't handle this forcefully.

that's nice to a liberal [bleep] wussy point of view, but this does not stop the violent looters and anarchists. they all need to be arrested. I'm not blaming the police, as they are doing what they are told, but the wussy way is the current way to handle rioters.

I'm with Trump - you have to dominate them and handle them not with [bleep] wussified tactics.

We see what the wussified handling has done - businesses destroyed.

I think its ironic/funny that the mayor is more concerned with protesters and anarchists getting covid. Pleading with them to wear a mask and self quarantine for 2 weeks.

HA! that's pretty funny. You think her weak wussified plea is gonna put a lid on them?

maybe covid will ironically put them out of commission and that might be the way this is stopped. just like the bacteria stopped the War of the Worlds invaders. (that movie War of the Worlds)

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-02-2020 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:04 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
You live near Chicago and you don't own a gun?
I live in the suburbs. If I was forced to live in the city I definitely would always have a loaded gun in quick reach. However, now more and more the problems of Chicago's failed leftist government are metastasizing all over so we have looting in Naperville, Downer's Grove/Lombard, and other suburbs.

I agree with Trump if Mayor Lightweight and the other Dems are not going to protect the good citizens then the federal govt will have to do their job for them, and send armed troops in to quash this lawlessness. That is what happens when you elect leftist criminal coddlers more concerned with being perceived as racially insensitive than keeping order.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:16 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I live in the suburbs. If I was forced to live in the city I definitely would always have a loaded gun in quick reach. However, now more and more the problems of Chicago's failed leftist government are metastasizing all over so we have looting in Naperville, Downer's Grove/Lombard, and other suburbs.

I agree with Trump if Mayor Lightweight and the other Dems are not going to protect the good citizens then the federal govt will have to do their job for them, and send armed troops in to quash this lawlessness. That is what happens when you elect leftist criminal coddlers more concerned with being perceived as racially insensitive than keeping order.

they are more concerned with coddling the rioters and "understanding" them.

I don't know about you, but the various cities where police officers are kneeling down (I guess to show solidarity) they are getting cheered by the rioters/protestors, but I don't agree with this.. Kneeling down is a symbol of hate the police, isn't it? Also, that sends the message that the rioters are now giving orders to the police.

Mayor Slewfoot (Lightfoot) hates Trump and so she is going to listen to her ego. I'm glad to hear she called for the National Guard, but at first she thought she could handle it.

She's more worried about the rioters getting covid than the businesses that have bee ruined.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:57 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
Well, I am akin to the samurai in The Last Samurai (if anyone remembers that movie!) in that I am not a proponent for guns, simply because I train in the martial arts and practice with nunchuck, staff, and sword. But the point is, at minimum Chicagoans, learn self-defense. Even objects around your home can then be used for self-defense. I WISH it never had to come down to this, but we see WHY it is important to train! God bless you all!

Old 06-02-2020, 08:41 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I'm with Trump - you have to dominate them and handle them not with pussified wussified tactics.

We see what the wussified handling has done - businesses destroyed.
Are you ready for dead police officers and fire fighters in the street who have been shot by snipers? Are you ready for days of burning buildings -- not isolated lootings of businesses which we see now? Were you even alive in 1968? Lessons have been learned.

Its always possible to change tactics and make things worse.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:41 AM

796 posts, read 930,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonhE View Post
Wow. This is a weak mayor. Listening to her on the "breaking news" right now.

Sounds like she is trying to make up for decades of race issues. As Chicago burns, she is still preaching about Covid-19, love, etc. She had the police stand down and do nothing.

You get what you vote for. Minneapolis has been progressive run for close to a century. Why the mayor there wouldn't have laid down the law and changed police procedure to match that of UK bobbys is beyond me. The country wide mess is really a direct result of his incompetence.

Did he change police procedure to make it favorable to African Americans? He ran and won his position based on a previous police issue. Then when the rioting starts, he vacates a police precinct bldg and lets the crowd burn it down.

Sad mess.

she also lied and said that she didn't prioritze certain areas over others which isn't true, because downtown and near north side had heavy police presence despite little to no protestors while the south, west, and north sides are getting pillaged.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:43 AM

796 posts, read 930,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
That is why I mentioned earlier how many of my friends and neighbors are all looking into getting a gun and now so am I!
good luck with that. illinois state police is so backloaded with FOID applications. and this was during the covid crisis.

my ccw was scheduled to expire this month and I paid to renew it back in february and the website simply says that if it expires, it will still be valid for a year after all this stuff ends.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:48 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
she also lied and said that she didn't prioritze certain areas over others which isn't true, because downtown and near north side had heavy police presence despite little to no protestors while the south, west, and north sides are getting pillaged.
Police cars and fire trucks were flying up and down 99th Street all day Sunday, and I saw a looter get apprehended by the police in front of my house (he had apparently fled down an alley and down someone's driveway). It seemed like there was a LOT of police presence. (Also helicopters, though I don't know whose, or what they were doing.)

Old 06-02-2020, 08:53 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Are you ready for dead police officers and fire fighters in the street who have been shot by snipers? Are you ready for days of burning buildings -- not isolated lootings of businesses which we see now? Were you even alive in 1968? Lessons have been learned.

Its always possible to change tactics and make things worse.
Yes. And please, when people say they agree with Trump on the "dominate" stuff, look at this full interview response of Houston's police chief, Art Acevedo. On behalf of his fellow police chiefs, he's saying NO.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...p-news-videos/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago