Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 07:23 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times

Advertisements

Seems like a lot of the black people want segregation.

Proven by - such things like - some college students wanted the campus to have a "safe space for blacks" which means no whites allowed, the thinking being that they need to express themselves without having the "danger" of having white people which would make the people feel uncomfortable.

the fact that some people believe that white people are "privileged" and therefore, there is a class war between people who believe this and those who reject it. (like me)

Some black people want segregation. they are actively protesting for it.

And sorry not sorry, but with the recent looting, rioting, etc (seems like more white people doing it ironically) but still it is for a "black" cause, then the image of ALL black people being riotous, lawless, and prejudice and criminal behavior, will reflect on the black community unfortunately, (some of the causes are the deaths of black people); so that in itself will cause a divide because some people will want to steer clear of any black person, because they will think they are a BLM and/or a rioter. Unfortunately, I am most sad about this, but human nature will do that.. for example, if your store was recently destroyed by the black criminals this past Sunday, and oh yes, they were mostly black for you could see their faces on tv, this will ultimately cause more division between people who would have otherwise welcomed black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 07:26 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post

Proven by - such things like - some college students wanted the campus to have a "safe space for blacks" which means no whites allowed, the thinking being that they need to express themselves without having the "danger" of having white people which would make the people feel uncomfortable.

the fact that some people believe that white people are "privileged" and therefore, there is a class war between people who believe this and those who reject it. (like me)

And sorry not sorry, but with the recent looting, rioting, etc (seems like more white people doing it ironically) but still it is for a "black" cause, then the image of ALL black people being riotous, lawless, and prejudice and criminal behavior, will reflect on the black community unfortunately, (some of the causes are the deaths of black people); so that in itself will cause a divide because some people will want to steer clear of any black person, because they will think they are a BLM and/or a rioter. Unfortunately, I am most sad about this, but human nature will do that.. for example, if your store was recently destroyed by the black criminals this past Sunday, and oh yes, they were mostly black for you could see their faces on tv, this will ultimately cause more division between people who would have otherwise welcomed black people.
No doubt the division between whites and black will be wider than ever after this year! People who I have never ever heard say anything about blacks now say they see them very differently, and not in a good way

Old 08-12-2020, 07:31 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,250,689 times
Robert9, very sad. We SHOULD all be coming together since ALL our lives matter...

But if you say that, you are a racist!

So, I guess this is the way it shall be, then.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:53 AM

Robert9 and Master Jay, i hear you. This will happen and is already happen. Your body has a safety system in it that just reacts like this. If you see harm done to you or someone else, next time you see a person who looks like that, your safety system will kick in (adrenaline) and it will be because your body & brain senses danger.

As for me, i have good co-workers that are black and i know they are not these arsewipes that we see on tv doing criminal activity.. I despise criminals but i don't equate all blacks, coz of my co-workers and others, but some people will. especially if they have hurt you by destroying your store. You will want to protect yourself and i do not blame them one bit.

As for me, how this has affected me, plus with all the hate against white people, my need for diversity is zero. I don't want to be where im not welcome and they choose to feel uncomfortable against me.

As soon as my lease is up, im outie. If it takes me having to live in a white neighborhood, so be it. am i racist? no, but circumstances have determined where i will feel most safe.

although, im thinking of a mixed neighborhood where Hispanics live, i am not in danger from them.

then again, i have seen a LOT of white rioters and protestors, so maybe my theory is out the window.

I don't want to be inconvenienced by rioters and protestors. i don't want to leave my home and go driving because i don't want an idiot to mess with me or my car as they overturn cars at whim.

i'm tired of this mess and chaos around me.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:00 AM

16 posts, read 8,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post

What about Portland and Seattle though? Aren't virtually all of those people acting a fool out there white?

Old 08-12-2020, 08:03 AM

ChicagoMeO, the philosophy I live by, and the one I teach my own children as well as my students is:

You can not judge anyone by anything you see on the outside (clothes, hair, skin color, etc.). Even based on experiences you have had with similar-appearing peoples.

You judge someone by the way you see how they treat you, or others, or animals.

And always be open to being a friend, because better to have friends than enemies.

Use your brain. Be prepared to use your intelligence and your level of communication.

But if someone comes at you with aggression, use ALL method you have to protect yourself, or others!!!

I saw people in Illinois last week that "looked" like many people you saw in the looting. And they walked right past me on the street. I had NO problems with anybody. But one must ALWAYS be ready, wherever you go. That is why we call the class "self-defense"

Take care! You seem like a good lady, ChicagoMeO. I remember when we had a nice discussion on the phone

Old 08-12-2020, 08:05 AM

16 posts, read 8,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
We SHOULD all be coming together
That's lost on far too many people...

There's definitely things we can improve upon in this country with regard to policing and the criminal justice system, the most crucial to me being a discontinuation of the war on drugs (which ironically none of our supposed democrip saviors are willing to talk about). This current movement is just too divisive and regressive.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:09 AM

nino jr, good morning. YES. I have worked in the criminal justice system now 10 years. You have a great point!

I am, by the way, one who says ALL LIVES MATTER!

And I am not backing down from my beliefs, neither.

If someone wants to call me racist (or any other name for that matter) because I want to have equality, well....

You think a name hurts my feelings?!? I have smashed stacks of patio blocks with my fist as part of my Black Belt promotions

Of course, I'd rather have us all come together in peace!!!!

Old 08-12-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino jr View Post
What about Portland and Seattle though? Aren't virtually all of those people acting a fool out there white?

Agreed 100%.

I have really been intrigued by all the white people who are protesting and rioting. now, i read somewhere that they are not all kids living in their parents basement, but they are professors and college students. (not all but a lot).

On the news today, they want to drop charges on those who were arrested out there.

and one idiot was saying because their voices ought to be heard.

Maybe protestors, but once they turn criminals, they deserve to be in jail.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
nino jr, good morning. YES. I have worked in the criminal justice system now 10 years. You have a great point!

I am, by the way, one who says ALL LIVES MATTER!

And I am not backing down from my beliefs, neither.

If someone wants to call me racist (or any other name for that matter) because I want to have equality, well....

You think a name hurts my feelings?!? I have smashed stacks of patio blocks with my fist as part of my Black Belt promotions

Of course, I'd rather have us all come together in peace!!!!
You're not racist. that word gets casually thrown around to describe anything that a leftist doesn't like what someone says in order to shut them down with guilt so that their voice wont be heard.

A real racist were those in history who did things like in 1920 or 1930 or 1863, Jim Crow laws, separate bathrooms and water fountains, KKK, those who did lynching, and those who did not give an opportunity to someone because of a superficial reason like skin color, religion, etc.

Real racists beat people on the head for being black, or Irish.

The Irish were despised in the USA a hundred years ago. they were hated. they endured racism too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago