Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 11:50 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Not directly on point, but analytically similar, to use legalese

“Coming into our community for just one day and then run out,” Kidd said. “Everyday. If they got something to say about the police, we got to deal with it tomorrow. The community. Not them. They’ll be somewhere sipping sangria.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...opq-story.html
I was just reading this on the Tribune site. Very interesting and gives me a bit of hope for the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 04:40 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,254,543 times
guidoLaMoto, good morning.

You used the term "Mulatto".

I can't believe it, but I JUST learned a week ago that this term is NOT a very appropriate term to use.

I used it at work last week and a co-worker/supervisor informed me that that was not a good word to use. I was amazed because I have used it for years, and thought I was being proper.

So I looked it up. I was wrong, apparently, all these years!

Well, knowledge is power

Old 08-13-2020, 05:28 AM

7,260 posts, read 5,135,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
guidoLaMoto, good morning.

You used the term "Mulatto".

I can't believe it, but I JUST learned a week ago that this term is NOT a very appropriate term to use.

I used it at work last week and a co-worker/supervisor informed me that that was not a good word to use. I was amazed because I have used it for years, and thought I was being proper.

So I looked it up. I was wrong, apparently, all these years!

Well, knowledge is power
I'm an activist who wants to defund The Thought Police....What ever happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones...?"

Any multi-billionaires who want to secretly fund my organization Anti-tho can mail checks to our headquarters at 1313 Mockingbird Ln....Our next scheduled riot and looting event will be Aug 16...Hoods & masks optional, but recommended.

Old 08-13-2020, 05:45 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,254,543 times
guidoLaMoto,

Hey brother, I was just sharing a story!

But you are right about something here: There is a LOT of easily hurt feelings when it comes to words.

I think you might have read in another one of my posts that I had a closed door work meeting when I worked in the Milwaukee County jail, because I called myself "Jay King" in an email to my teammates.

And someone was offended!

What are you gonna do? You can't please everyone.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:05 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
South Dakota - if you ever listen to the governor, she is spot on! she is one of the states that refused to comingle with the cray cray having to do with shutdowns.. hence, her state has a very very low amount of covid bad stuff. she also speaks like she is intelligent, and has something to say, not like a typical politician who is fake.

I recommend South Dakota !
I recommend SD as well (I'm from there). Curly Q. Bobalink, if you're looking for an intelligent conservative state especially for retirement, South Dakota is it. Besides, it's only 600 miles to Chicago (from Sioux Falls) without traffic choked interstate until you reach the northern suburbs of Chicago on I-90. You can easily go back for visits. Plenty to do in Sioux Falls (population easily over 200,000 now).

Rioters and looters can expect to be arrested and charged. BLM and Antifa can expect a good ass beating if they try anything here. Gang activity is almost non-existent as the SF police department has a special department to watch if it starts to raise it's ugly head.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:29 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I'm an activist who wants to defund The Thought Police....What ever happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones...?"

Any multi-billionaires who want to secretly fund my organization Anti-tho can mail checks to our headquarters at 1313 Mockingbird Ln....Our next scheduled riot and looting event will be Aug 16...Hoods & masks optional, but recommended.

haha 1313 Mockingbird Lane was the address of The Munsters.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:30 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I recommend SD as well (I'm from there). Curly Q. Bobalink, if you're looking for an intelligent conservative state especially for retirement, South Dakota is it. Besides, it's only 600 miles to Chicago (from Sioux Falls) without traffic choked interstate until you reach the northern suburbs of Chicago on I-90. You can easily go back for visits. Plenty to do in Sioux Falls (population easily over 200,000 now).

Rioters and looters can expect to be arrested and charged. BLM and Antifa can expect a good ass beating if they try anything here. Gang activity is almost non-existent as the SF police department has a special department to watch if it starts to raise it's ugly head.

If i went there (leaving Chicago where i live) I'd feel just like Dorothy waking up to the Land of Oz. Seriously. We have not had a culture like what you describe in SD for a long long time. I think when i was little, the Dems were very different than now.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:44 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post

Only your governor allowing 250,000 people to party it up unmasked might be cause for some concern to prospective residents.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:25 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Only your governor allowing 250,000 people to party it up unmasked might be cause for some concern to prospective residents.
It IS cause for concern on my part as well. It was the ONLY group gathering in this state that I questioned on whether there should have been an order from our state government. My biggest concern is that the majority of the incoming bikers come from out of state. You couldn't pay me to take part in any of the concerts at the Buffalo Chip (you can look up what I'm talking about).

We just finished having a very large regional fair in Sioux Falls and will be having our state fair. Masks are made available to anyone that wanted one and hand sanitizers are everywhere. We rely on personal responsibilities here and common sense. That's why what we've done here in SD works.

You KNOW that personal responsibility and common sense does not exist in a large % of our major cities.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:44 AM

7,260 posts, read 5,135,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
haha 1313 Mockingbird Lane was the address of The Munsters.
Glad you're paying attention. Not that I'm equating myself with him, but I've read a lot of Mark Twain, and I don't recall him ever using a "" to explain his comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I would imagine STDs & alcohol related injuries & deaths are going to dwarf any CoV related problems....Not to change the subject, but the sooner we reach herd immunity protection levels the sooner this crisis will be over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
guidoLaMoto,

Hey brother, I was just sharing a story!

...and I was just mocking the PC thing... didn't mean my comments to be a criticism of yours, but rather a continuation of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago