Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 12:43 AM

7 posts, read 89,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte76 View Post
Hi, I am writing a book and I need some information on disco clubs in the Chicago area, I need one that was around in 1976 and I'm looking for one that was a little Saturday night feverish and also a little Studio 54ish, or one similar to the one in the movie Thank God it's Friday. Any information given would be so helpful!

That would most definitely fit S.O.P.'s (any location) aka McGreevey's
Food in separate room, crazy shots, awesome bartenders, dance contests, great mix of people, can't talk about the rest, it's going to my grave
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 12:44 AM

7 posts, read 89,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGREEN6960 View Post
I am trying to find the videos of some urban dances of the 70's that i did back then, particularly the "Spank". But, there was a disco call "Dingbats" that was just north of downtown and slightly east, Mr. T was the bouncer at the door, it catered to pulling people there before they left downtown for home, it opened at 4pm. Mirrored walls, 2 long bars and a lot of fun. Mr T's first name was Tero. There was a disco very far north on Broadway called "The Machine" completely dark, you never saw outside and it was open till 5am, constant music. Another disco called The 32 Fusion, I believe it was on Clark and maybe Division, maybe a few blocks south of that, very sophisticated. Attire, was dress to impress, $3.00 cover charge
Lee Green
lgreen6960@aol.com

Hahaha, I remember "the Spank", the Worm, the Snake..................

Old 11-25-2011, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 15,336 times
Thumbs up Faces Rush & Oak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwsinTxs View Post
Hey everybody,
I'm working on a novel, and I need to know the name of any disco club that was located in Chicago, in the 1970's....specifically, in 1974

All I need is the name of the club, but if you have firsthand knowledge of it, I'd love to know any other details, the location, names of owners, looks of the club interioir or exterior, if they had any particular 'theme' as far as decor etc etc.

Thanks!

dws

Old 11-25-2011, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 15,336 times
Faces was the Studio 54 of Chicago in early 70s..best layout and light show ever Norman and Charles were regulars 5-6 nights a week .. my wieght was down to 155lbs 5" 11" (Charles) between "blow" and dancing 6 hrs a night you stayed pretty slim .... never had so much fun since...other dicos at the time "Rush UP", "Bombay Bicyle Company", "Ruggles" and of "Mothers" ...great days no twitter, no My Face just dance your ass off every night

Old 11-25-2011, 02:19 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,416,337 times
The cool thing about it is that Disco eventually evolved into "House" music. This globally popular genre got its start in Chicago probably in the late 70's / early 80's.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:28 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,371,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
The cool thing about it is that Disco eventually evolved into "House" music. This globally popular genre got its start in Chicago probably in the late 70's / early 80's.
"House Music All Night Long" . I went to the kiddie disco at Dingbats on Sunday afternoons when I was in elementary school. As a teenager, I danced all weekend long at "The Playground" and other infamous House Music spots. I LOVE being a part of Chicago history! Though at the time, it was just my regular life, thought not one whit about the groundbreaking/creative time that it was.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,616 times
im looking for one of the owners of the nickle bag tom is his name i grew up calling him ponch he was like my uncle i would love to see him once more ... he hung out with billy and mickey reilly if anyone can help contact [email]shaindala@hotmail.com[/email]

Old 01-02-2012, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 7,606 times
I can name many other disco that have not been mentioned. Starting northwest side, a club called 2001,Time Machine Niles, Kisses, Spirit 76 in Downers Grove,The Corperation In Lisle, Rich Kids in Burr Ridge, The Rain somewhere south around Harlem. (S.O.P) Some other place on River Road, Trammps On Manheim Rd in Stone park. The Stardust Disco in addison. Chase Me Charlies in the Holiday Inn on 22nd st. Oak Brook Terrace, Pacific Club in Lombard. Prime And Tender Somewhere on the south side off of Harlem. Thats just off the top of my head. I'm sure if i called some friends they could mention some others. Jamesap00@aol.com

Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 7,557 times
Default Pete Paladino? Still own's 123 in this day and age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb B View Post
Pete stills owns 123> Jedynka> Stereo (there is a forum on FB for it)
Wow, wondering if its Pete Paladino? What type of entertainment is it now 2012?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 PM

2 posts, read 14,970 times
Lenny D - Ginger Peachie here - aka Susie and Louie! How are you? We used to "live" at Bubba's! Bubba's Zone One was the best place to dance and have a great time. Remember the California Kid, the dance off's and Uncle Al and Phil? The round table! Would love to hear from you. I agree with your post about the best bartenders and staff - also the BEST DJ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago