Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:57 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selinabetrue View Post
why will we choose to lie?.. i choose to be truthful( it is very possible to always tell the truth)
why will we choose to get angry?, i chooose to remain at peace no matter whaat devils trys to fight me with.( it is our choice to let the anger take over us)
why wouldn't we do WHATEVER it takes? this is wat god wants us to do .. my desire is to do whatever it takes.. to crucify all the sin in me...so that i can be free and be in union with the almighty. i long to be free because i love god and want to please him.

we will be tempted to sin..just as the devil tempted jesus but we must choose to turn from sin and follow jesus.
just as the devil tried to put doubt in jesus.. so does he put this same doubt in us.. he tell us that it is impossible to be free from sin.. but with god all things are possible I trust god..not the devil.

it is possible to be frreeed from sin( no matter how many times u have sinned ) ... once we choose to follow god and not the devil...god will never lead us into sin.. his promise is to free us from it.

god bless
I think you are totally on the right track because it's clear from your words that your desire not to sin comes from love for God and you want to please Him. Following a list of rules just because one fears not doing so will cause them to not make it to heaven, doesn't mean anything to God, IMO. Even if someone could be righteous by following rules, our righteousness is like "filthy rags" to God. Jesus paid the price for our sins so He is our righteousness for us. Obeying God because of the love in your heart for Him, and because you want to form a close, personal relationship with Him is exactly what He wants. He wants our hearts and our love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 10:01 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
why will we choose to lie?.. i choose to be truthful( it is very possible to always tell the truth)
why will we choose to get angry?, i chooose to remain at peace no matter whaat devils trys to fight me with.( it is our choice to let the anger take over us)
why wouldn't we do WHATEVER it takes? this is wat god wants us to do .. my desire is to do whatever it takes.. to crucify all the sin in me...so that i can be free and be in union with the almighty. i long to be free because i love god and want to please him.

we will be tempted to sin..just as the devil tempted jesus but we must choose to turn from sin and follow jesus.
just as the devil tried to put doubt in jesus.. so does he put this same doubt in us.. he tell us that it is impossible to be free from sin.. but with god all things are possible I trust god..not the devil.

it is possible to be frreeed from sin( no matter how many times u have sinned ) ... once we choose to follow god and not the devil...god will never lead us into sin.. his promise is to free us from it.

god bless
Interesting, I am in awe of your perfection. It is amazing that you can work so hard to be perfect, good job. So you follow all 613 of the laws of God?

I’ll stick with my perfection being accomplished by Jesus on the cross, not my religious hard works. My fruit of the spirit is love, not a checklist.

“i am not judging.. just trying to understand. I truly am just seeking.”

Do you feel in your heart you are 100% honest about just being curious, or did you ask so you can post about your good works?

Old 06-27-2010, 03:50 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Hi selinabetrue. The Law of God is to do unto others as you want done unto you. If we are not doing that then we are not following God. And we DON'T do that unless Christ is in us. Now what does that mean? - it means that Christ has the copyright on all GOOD deeds that anyone can do. So when we do that which is GOOD - and someone thanks you - say Thank the Lord Jesus Christ that way - we don't Rob Him of His Glory.

Praise our Lord Jesus Christ,
Paul

Old 07-02-2010, 07:46 AM

66 posts, read 75,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Interesting, I am in awe of your perfection. It is amazing that you can work so hard to be perfect, good job. So you follow all 613 of the laws of God?

I’ll stick with my perfection being accomplished by Jesus on the cross, not my religious hard works. My fruit of the spirit is love, not a checklist.

“i am not judging.. just trying to understand. I truly am just seeking.”

Do you feel in your heart you are 100% honest about just being curious, or did you ask so you can post about your good works?
i am not judgeing.. just sharing only god can judge.
i am truly seeking .. i know that he will show me the way, and show you as well. i was trying to understand , but maybe its not time for me to understand certain things.. perhaps god needs me to go through certain things first.. i dont know wat his plans for me are but i trust him.. and i apologize if i offended anyone in anyway

all the best on your journey

blessings

Old 07-02-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi selinabetrue. The Law of God is to do unto others as you want done unto you. If we are not doing that then we are not following God. And we DON'T do that unless Christ is in us. Now what does that mean? - it means that Christ has the copyright on all GOOD deeds that anyone can do. So when we do that which is GOOD - and someone thanks you - say Thank the Lord Jesus Christ that way - we don't Rob Him of His Glory.

Praise our Lord Jesus Christ,
Paul

i agree..praise be to god and i give glory to his name.

bless u

Old 07-02-2010, 08:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
By reading some of the other threads i am a bit confused..

Many people believe that we are saved while we are still sinning?
And majority believe that it is Impossible to become in a sinless state?

didnt Jesus come to Show us the way?
Why is it soo hard to believe that we can become this way? isnt his power greater than all things?
And why would he want us to remain slaves to sin when he came to show us the way out of it?
SIN= DEATH

SO Why is it that we can't accept that jesus can make us whole.. by changing us into Clean hearted people who no longer have the desire to sin?

Why do we continue to believe the devil.. when he tells us that it is ok to live sinning...convincing us that jesus died to allow us to keep being slaves to the devil(sin/evil)... whatttt????

Or are u just scared to think of what u might have to give up to become this way? ( i know that i sometimes feel scared... but i know that whatever he has waiting is more precious that anything here on earth .. so i trust that whatever i must do is worth it) i hope i can do it!

We must give up the world to inherit his kingdom.. for it is not of this world..
How can he want us to be trapped in sin... Jesus doesnt want us to sin... he wants us to choose him and turn away from sin... NO matter the cost

EVEN if we have to choose death, just not to sin.. this is what he requires of us ... I hope i can do this.. it seems hard.. ( Narrow path .. few will choose-)
Ok, wait a minute, back up...
What the devil may tell you about sinning is that it's good, or fun, or beneficial.
What some Christians will tell you, however, is that whether you sin or not does not make a difference since you are already redeemed. This is VERY different from what the devil teaches.
The devil ENCOURAGES sin. The Christian IGNORES sin. (Well, to be honest, many Christians are more focused on sin than on Jesus.)

Love is all about COVERING sins, not remembering them, throwing them in your face, etc.

See where the difference is?

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
no offense to anyone but as my love for the almighty one grows and i get to know him, i lose my desires to sin ( by his grace) so if your relationship with God" allows you to sin guilt free and you feel as if you are pleasing him that way then i am no one to judge..
as i seek him and he reveals the uglyness and sin in my heart i cant Help but repent and want to be cleaned from it beacuse i hate it.. i hate the sin in me and i would rather give up Everything than to continue to live as a slave to sin.

say wat u would like... but that is my trutth.. i want to be made whole.. i desire nothing moreee than to please the god that made me. and I Know that by sinning i am not.. i dont know how u can deny this.
i amnot here to change anyone or to force my beliefs on you...
if you are conent with the way u are living, then carry on , but i know that once sin is in me.. i will keep seeking and following god so that he can clean my heart and renew my spirit so that i can become whole and be united with him.
with him all is possible and i trust what he says.
If you don't mind my sincerely asking, what exactly is the sin/or sins in your heart that you feel you need cleansing of?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If you don't mind my sincerely asking, what exactly is the sin/or sins in your heart that you feel you need cleansing of?
hello.
There are many things..
jealousy, pride, anger, .. all of these things that i truly want to be free of.. for as long as they are there i cannot truly be one with God.. it is like a barrier ( for me) i feel it everyday..
He has already cleansed me from soo many things that i once used to "need" and now i no longer have desires for.. so i know that he can cleanse me of all things. even the ones that are deeply rooted in me.

but i am coming to realise that in god's time.. he will show me the way.. i have to accept that he is in control and as long as i put my trust in him and keep seeking him. he will clean my heart and free me from these chains.

I no longer desire things of the world.. as i used to .. i truly want to please him.. and i know that my journey has just begun . i give thanks.

this is jsut my experience and i don't wish to force anyone to do as i am

Have a truly blessed day

Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
i am not judgeing.. just sharing only god can judge.
i dont know wat his plans for me are but i trust him.. and i apologize if i offended anyone in anyway
Ok, I'll accept that, it just seemed like you may have been asking me a setup question so you could share about your perfection. I see based on the post below you don't feel you are perfect. No offense taken.

Quote:
hello.
There are many things..
jealousy, pride, anger, .. all of these things that i truly want to be free of.. for as long as they are there i cannot truly be one with God.. it is like a barrier ( for me) i feel it everyday..
He has already cleansed me from soo many things that i once used to "need" and now i no longer have desires for.. so i know that he can cleanse me of all things. even the ones that are deeply rooted in me.

but i am coming to realise that in god's time.. he will show me the way.. i have to accept that he is in control and as long as i put my trust in him and keep seeking him. he will clean my heart and free me from these chains.

I no longer desire things of the world.. as i used to .. i truly want to please him.. and i know that my journey has just begun . i give thanks.

this is jsut my experience and i don't wish to force anyone to do as i am

Have a truly blessed day
The point some of us are making is you are free from all those sins because what Jesus DID, not because of what you do. Focus on the amazing grace of Jesus; he removed the barrier when he died for you. Putting your sights on him will help cleanse your flesh but as long as you focus on the sins of the flesh they will be top of mind, not Jesus.
God is pleased with you because of what Jesus did, not what you do or don’t do. Your fruit of all of this will be love, sure you will still sin but if you are focused on loving others and Jesus those sins will reduce with time.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 AM

595 posts, read 761,937 times
Romans 5: 1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 6:22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,
Romans 13:11
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Believe you have recieved and believe God will finish His work in you through Jesus Christ to completion.
We confess our sins and ask for mercy and forgiveness and we know we have received mercy and are forgiven because Christ paid the price for our sin and proved He defeated death by His resurrection.
Now, since God has poured His love into our hearts (Jesus Christ), we are free to love God because before Jesus we were separated from God because of our sin.
What is love for God? 1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
Why are God's commands not burdensome?...because we have unlimited grace (favor) of God in our time of need. And because God knows we are only the dust of the earth and cannot help ourselves, He has given us this promise, the Power of the Holy Spirit(Himself) to help us in every way. The simple fact of calling on the Name above all names, "Jesus", we will be rescued from every evil and act of disobedience towards God.
When we are unfaithful, He is faithful.
When we have no strength, His strength will uphold us.
When we cannot endure, He will give us a way out.
Fullness in Christ that fills everything in everyway.
The road is straight and narrow.
Believe and receive.

God Bless,
Mercy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity