Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,993,859 times

Advertisements

I would like to suggest to the weak in faith a couple web sites too:

concordant.org

saviourofall.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:58 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,200,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Personally, I think that the best thing any of us can do on this forum is treat one another with the kind of Christian charity Jesus taught -- meaning that we should be respectful of one another and recognize that differences of opinion do not make any of us more or less loved by God.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:22 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,625,754 times
Quote:
Personally, I think that the best thing any of us can do on this forum is treat one another with the kind of Christian charity Jesus taught -- meaning that we should be respectful of one another and recognize that differences of opinion do not make any of us more or less loved by God.
Well, there's the perfect answer!

Old 01-02-2011, 06:23 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,625,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I would like to suggest to the weak in faith a couple web sites too:

concordant.org

saviourofall.org
I made clickable links:
Concordant Publishing Concern
Saviour of all Fellowship, universal reconciliation, salvation of all mankind

Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 PM

823 posts, read 1,405,435 times
Quote:
You are spot on Katzpur.....you can read the Word from front to back and back to front but if all you are doing is reading and not digesting and practicing what you preach you are taking two steps forward and 5 stepts back. You need to listen to what Jesus said.......what he told us to focus on and that is simple

Old 01-02-2011, 07:30 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,993,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
You are spot on Katzpur.....you can read the Word from front to back and back to front but if all you are doing is reading and not digesting and practicing what you preach you are taking two steps forward and 5 stepts back. You need to listen to what Jesus said.......what he told us to focus on and that is simple
Dear SisterKat, while I agree with the spirit of what you said I would say it is not really that simple.

If one rightly divides or correctly cuts the word one would say "You need to listen to what Paul said . . . what he told us to focus on and that is simple "

since Paul is the apostle of the nations.

I agree with the spirit of what Katspur wrote too!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:42 PM

823 posts, read 1,405,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear SisterKat, while I agree with the spirit of what you said I would say it is not really that simple.

If one rightly divides or correctly cuts the word one would say "You need to listen to what Paul said . . . what he told us to focus on and that is simple "

since Paul is the apostle of the nations.

I agree with the spirit of what Katspur wrote too!
Eusebius I understand what you are saying and I know that I must sound like a broken record at times because I am so adamant about what Jesus said with respect to the most important commandment. But its true.

You can take one person who is a biblical scholar and then take another - one that perhaps focuses on living his life as best as he can in accordance to the commandments but doesn't read the bible on a regular basis. The latter could very well be more at-one with God than the former.

Now I know it is preferable to live your life in the Word as best as you can following the commandments but what I guess I am trying to say is just because you understand the bible more than someone else or you may spend many more hours reading the bible than another - it doesn't necessarily mean that you are more at-one with God.

For instance, I have witnessed many on this forum who are apparently knowledgeable on biblical facts and their interpretations of them, yet their struggle with the No. 1 commandment is quite apparent.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I am amazed, though not surprised, at the utter lack of even the most basic knowledge of Bible doctrine displayed by most believers, not only on this forum, but believers in general. Most believers are spiritually ignorant.
The ones who are not ignorant of the things of God are leaving the church system in their droves.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,028,192 times
The devil can quote all the scriptures, ya know

Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,945,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Eusebius I understand what you are saying and I know that I must sound like a broken record at times because I am so adamant about what Jesus said with respect to the most important commandment. But its true.

You can take one person who is a biblical scholar and then take another - one that perhaps focuses on living his life as best as he can in accordance to the commandments but doesn't read the bible on a regular basis. The latter could very well be more at-one with God than the former.

Now I know it is preferable to live your life in the Word as best as you can following the commandments but what I guess I am trying to say is just because you understand the bible more than someone else or you may spend many more hours reading the bible than another - it doesn't necessarily mean that you are more at-one with God.

For instance, I have witnessed many on this forum who are apparently knowledgeable on biblical facts and their interpretations of them, yet their struggle with the No. 1 commandment is quite apparent.
I could not agree more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity