Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Ok I'm not doubting your sourse/link but I just googled "noahs ark hoax" and the first thing that came up was this by wikipedia, and the information should be current. If this is a real letter then how come wikipedia's stance on it is unclear of any proof. I'd say that letter, if it was real, would be good enough proof. And how could it be this wasn't all over the news? Just saying, kinda strange. I'm definitelly interested in researching that link a little more.

Searches for Noah's Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And thanks for posting that. Could be credible I guess.

Ok what the heck, I'm convinced it was a hoax.
Wikipedia You do realize that anyone can contribute stuff to Wikipedia don't you. It's popular, almost always at the top of many searches, but also often wrong, or incomplete.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Wikipedia You do realize that anyone can contribute stuff to Wikipedia don't you. It's popular, almost always at the top of many searches, but also often wrong, or incomplete.
I second that, it's not reliable at all. I only use it to look up fluff like stuff on celebrities or movies/tv.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
I don't like it when people knock Wikipedia by default. It is a collection of information, and yeah, not everything that makes it there is necessarily reliable, but then, is anything 100 percent reliable? I support Wikipedia and am glad that it is there.

As for Noah's Ark - to me it is a symbolic story that points to a spiritual truth. I don't understand why people have to take everything in the Bible literally in order to hold onto their faith. As I've said many times - the bible is not to be read as a history book -- it is a spiritual book! In the story of Noah and the Ark, Noah represents the heavenly Father and the Ark is Christ. I think you can figure out the rest if you meditate on it.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I don't like it when people knock Wikipedia by default. It is a collection of information, and yeah, not everything that makes it there is necessarily reliable, but then, is anything 100 percent reliable? I support Wikipedia and am glad that it is there.
My point was not to knock it by default. It can be a great resource for facts, technical stuff, and events that can easily be verified, but when the topic involves opinion and more importantly emotions, then I view it with a very wary eye, for the simple reason anyone can contribute stuff.

Quote:
As for Noah's Ark - to me it is a symbolic story that points to a spiritual truth. I don't understand why people have to take everything in the Bible literally in order to hold onto their faith. As I've said many times - the bible is not to be read as a history book -- it is a spiritual book! In the story of Noah and the Ark, Noah represents the heavenly Father and the Ark is Christ. I think you can figure out the rest if you meditate on it.
Yet, far too many see it as an infallible source of absolute fact, beyond reasoning, and to the point of tuning out to raging against any challenge or even a question.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:32 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
That's interesting. It reminds me of something that phazelwood said once. I saved the whole thing he wrote, it was awesome. Actually, it's amongst my favorite things I've ever read. I cherish what he wrote. He probably has no idea. lol. I'll just share a snippet so as to not derail the thread:

Quote:
He flooded an entire world of evil in my heart so that what was left was the lone family of God.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's interesting. It reminds me of something that phazelwood said once. I saved the whole thing he wrote, it was awesome. Actually, it's amongst my favorite things I've ever read. I cherish what he wrote. He probably has no idea. lol. I'll just share a snippet so as to not derail the thread:
Quote:
He flooded an entire world of evil in my heart so that what was left was the lone family of God
. He flooded the entire world of evil in my heart too - but I think a couple of the devils brothers are still kicking around in there. A little.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:12 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Neither Jesus, nor the writer of Hebrews nor Peter every presente the world-wide flood of Noah's day as just a good story or just symbolic of a greater truth. They always presented it as something which actually occurred.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:18 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Neither Jesus, nor the writer of Hebrews nor Peter every presente the world-wide flood of Noah's day as just a good story or just symbolic of a greater truth. They always presented it as something which actually occurred.
Just because they may have been convinced did not/does NOT make it true.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Jesus was the truth and spoke only the truth and never lied. So what he said about Noah and the world-wide flood is the truth.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:57 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus was the truth and spoke only the truth and never lied. So what he said about Noah and the world-wide flood is the truth.
WOW!!!

People... do you see how important it is to use the teachings of Christ as our foundation. It's like little secrets and mysteries all in his writings. Eusebius is obviously open to the teachings of Christ, and even more understanding will be given to someone like this.

God bless you Eusebius! May God's Holy Spirit overwhelm you today! And please, will you pray for me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity