Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:23 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
The others left because that's what people do......they leave. How many friends do you still have that you had in high school? Grade school? Right. This is NOT any worse than times past, it's just that we have two very polar opposite viewpoints and you can either stand and defend your position or move along in defeat. The ETer's are the ones giving up. Guess they're scared that somebody might be right.
When you are studying and growing in the Word of God, it would take a MACK truck to get people to move from this forum. Why? because you would be getting fed by the Word . Even a stray dog or cat knows that when a person feeds them they NEVER leave; even if you took it 100 miles away, it will make its way back.

Last edited by eyewrist; 01-25-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 04:24 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Are we a poor example of Chrisitanity

No, you all are a great example of "Christianity" but a poor example of what Christ represents.

If you were a good example of what Christ represents, you would recognize what Christ represents is already in Junes heart.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No, you all are a great example of "Christianity" but a poor example of what Christ represents.

If you were a good example of what Christ represents, you would recognize what Christ represents is already in Junes heart.
I dare you to find a verse where Christ didn't believe in himself......

Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I couldn't care less about your juvenile dare.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Hey Twin - I know you didn't mean to make me laugh - but you gave me a huge chuckle! Don't mean to offend - but you made me smile!

Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But do you not see that in your OP you accused June of being who she is to simply ruffle people's feathers? Do you not see how that is not showing love? That is all we are trying to say. We are not trying to attack you - but merely show how your OP came off as attacking June for still being an atheist. I understand that part of your OP is about Christians trying to be better people to be a better example - but then you should have left out the part about June ruffling people's feathers. I guess I just don't understand why you don't see this. You are eager to point fingers at everyone else but not accept the consequences for your own words. And once again - this is not an attack - simply a friendly voice trying to show you something that you might be able to learn from.
No, I did not accuse June of anything. I knew June before you did on this forum. It was a rhetorical statement of "ruffling feathers" I did not say "plucking them out." You must read my OP with a different mindset because the key question is in the last sentence; not the prior.

Last edited by eyewrist; 01-25-2011 at 04:45 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
I haven't been here for some time and recently began to post a wee bit. I have participated in threads with June, the atheist and others, the dieheart Chiristians. But I have to ask why have we NOT been effective at changing her point of God, or should I say converted her as some of you all would say?
She meanders through, pops in and out of various Christian threads...my gosh she's even a Moderater for the R&P/Christianity for Pete's sake!!!! But why have we NOT been able to change her point of view; it has been 3 years working on 4 years people.....What's up with that???

Are we a poor example of Chrisitanity and she is glad to not be a part of(besides monitoring us) or she choose to remain an atheist just to ruffle some peoples' feather here. Just asking
I've only interacted with June a short time...yet...what I see through her posts is "Unpretentious LOVE" and that speaks volume to me per se!

"Labels" should be for merchandise only...just saying...

Have a good day everyone...and love ya "just June!"

Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Just ask yourself why did the others leave?
Here we go again, trying to say that it is this or that person's fault that certain members have come or gone. Sounds like a broken record. If people can't stand the heat, they should (and do) stay out of the kitchen. There are always whiners though when they don't get every thing their way. What's new? Nothing. Until now, I've never even heard of you so I didn't know you'd been missing. People come and go - that's the way it is in cyber space. Why didn't you open a bible study thread instead of this divisive one?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hey Twin - I know you didn't mean to make me laugh - but you gave me a huge chuckle! Don't mean to offend - but you made me smile!
I did say it with a little humor intended.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
No, I did not accuse June of anything. I knew June before you did on this forum. It was a rhetorical statement of "ruffling feathers" I did not say "plucking them out." You must read my OP with a different mindset becasue the key question is in the last sentence; not the prior.
I'm sorry - perhaps it is because I do not know you but it just sounded kind of mean spirited to me. I think - since it is quite apparent that I'm not the only one who thought this way - maybe you didn't make it clear that you did not indeed think she was just trying to ruffle people's feathers. I understand about having a different mindset - but when starting a thread - it is best perhaps to be as clear as possible that way problems like this do not arise. Like I said, I seem to be in the majority, not the minority here. I'm sorry if I did not take your post in the manner in which it was meant.
And this isn't about who knows June best or who knows June the longest - it's not a competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity