Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:20 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
At the time Jesus spoke these words God had taken His hand off of Jesus, turned His back to Him, did not hear Him, because Jesus who was sinless had become sin for us therefor this cry to God holds no merit.
Well, if that be the case, Jesus' Father answered in the affirmative by imputing all of our sins upon Jesus.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

You're right, nothing more need be said...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Well, if that be the case, Jesus' Father answered in the affirmative by imputing all of our sins upon Jesus.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

You're right, nothing more need be said...
Then why do we have the rest of the NT? Shouldnt the Gospels suffice?

Old 03-21-2011, 03:49 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
Then why do we have the rest of the NT? Shouldnt the Gospels suffice?
So we grow in that grace and mature in the Lord.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ah, the mud slinging.... It never stops....
Truth is the ultimate defense, Finn. There is far too much evidence of what I claim for you to deny it.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
At the time Jesus spoke these words God had taken His hand off of Jesus, turned His back to Him, did not hear Him, because Jesus who was sinless had become sin for us therefor this cry to God holds no merit.
Of all the outrageous, superstitious, primitive, ignorant and absurd things that are believed about God and Jesus . . . this is the most egregious and blasphemous. Wherever you are getting your beliefs about God from, Robin . . . it is not the Holy Spirit or the Living Word of God Jesus Christ. I would definitely be concerned if I were you.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of all the outrageous, superstitious, primitive, ignorant and absurd things that are believed about God and Jesus . . . this is the most egregious and blasphemous. Wherever you are getting your beliefs about God from, Robin . . . it is not the Holy Spirit or the Living Word of God Jesus Christ. I would definitely be concerned if I were you.
Yeah i have to say that is one of the dirtiest statements i have ever heard a Christian say about Christ and his words ... Jesus words had no merit when he was hanging on the cross? ... Very interesting.

The traditions of men make the word of God to none affect.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So then i guess since some claim Jesus words on the cross held no merit, that the penitent thief is really burning in everlasting hell, and Jesus lied ... ?

What a crock!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:

On the other hand, why did I even bother to...........

Old 03-21-2011, 06:39 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So then i guess since some claim Jesus words on the cross held no merit, that the penitent thief is really burning in everlasting hell, and Jesus lied ... ?

What a crock!
Ah you all misunderstand what I am pointing out. What He said to the theif holds merit because Jesus was not praying He was speaking from His own knowledge concerning God and believers, but the prayer "forgive them they know not what they do" would obviously have fallen on deaf ears because of Christ state as sin for us at the time. But of course Jesus being God in the flesh would have remembered His own prayer and honored it but who was He speaking of? The world or those who was carrying out His torture, I would say the latter. Those who beat, scourged, and crucified Christ are those who He prayed for, not the world because much of the world didnt even know Him let alone knew what was going on. There is a difference between knowledge and prayer.

My how the bad fruit flies when people assume what the point is without considering the content and the context.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Ah you all misunderstand what I am pointing out. What He said to the theif holds merit because Jesus was not praying He was speaking from His own knowledge concerning God and believers, but the prayer "forgive them they know not what they do" would obviously have fallen on deaf ears because of Christ state as sin for us at the time. But of course Jesus being God in the flesh would have remembered His own prayer and honored it but who was He speaking of? The world or those who was carrying out His torture, I would say the latter. Those who beat, scourged, and crucified Christ are those who He prayed for, not the world because much of the world didnt even know Him let alone knew what was going on. There is a difference between knowledge and prayer.

My how the bad fruit flies when people assume what the point is without considering the content and the context.
He was praying for the the people of Israel whom God hardened so that they became enemies of the gospel for the sake of the rest of the world. He was praying for the pharisees and the saducees as well as the rest of Israel who were being cut off ...

Romans 11 explains it all very well ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity