Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
The devil of course! I did ALL the deeds of my father, the devil, except for physical murder, yet still murdered in my thoughts. Evil beyond evil was I.
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
And what is this point? Even John the Baptist said:

"Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham for our father,' for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham."

Earthly fathers mean nothing. Spiritual father/Father mean EVERYTHING!
What is my point ? Saying you are of your Father your devil does not make you not a son. Whatever is not of God in our lives is our Father.
When we are worrying we are of our father the devil, when we are in unbelief we are of our father the devil, when we do not forgive we are of our father the devil, when we hate our enemies we are of our father the devil.

Look at the crowd the baptist said this to, this was the same message of the prophets to this crowd for years,John might as well have spokne to the stones, because like the word of the prophets before it usually fell upon deaf ears. Not only that they usually ended up killing the prophets(So said Jesus)

Paul clearly taught it was God's goodness that leads a man to repentance.

So my point is,the devil is our carnal alienated mind, that neither knows God or understands God, that lives by the tree of knowledge of good and evil and would not recognize the tree of life it had signs all around it saying i am the tree of life.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:05 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Earthly fathers mean nothing.
That's odd. I wonder why God told us to honor them, and our mothers, too.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM

689 posts, read 549,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
While all people are naturally born into this world as God’s creation, only those who believe and trust God for true life in Christ Jesus … are ‘born again’ as God’s ‘adopted’ sons and daughters (through the indwelling power of God’s Holy Spirit). Those without Christ are not born again to Spiritual life and do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit. To them, the things of God are foolishness, because they are spiritually discerned (2 Cor 2:14-15) --- Jesus told Nicodemus (John 3), “Unless you are born again, you will not enter the Kingdom of heaven” --- He did not say, “But, not to worry; if you are not born again, our ‘loving God’ is sure to make many exceptions.”

Very well put. We are His children but at least not before we ourselves accept Him us our father.

So if you don't call Him father, perhaps you are not His son at all.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is my point ? Saying you are of your Father your devil does not make you not a son. Whatever is not of God in our lives is our Father.
When we are worrying we are of our father the devil, when we are in unbelief we are of our father the devil, when we do not forgive we are of our father the devil, when we hate our enemies we are of our father the devil.

Look at the crowd the baptist said this to, this was the same message of the prophets to this crowd for years,John might as well have spokne to the stones, because like the word of the prophets before it usually fell upon deaf ears. Not only that they usually ended up killing the prophets(So said Jesus)

So my point is,the devil is our carnal alienated mind, that neither knows God or understands God, that lives by the tree of knowledge of good and evil and would not recognize the tree of life it had signs all around it saying i am the tree of life.

I have to repeat this post... because it's such a huge key to understanding. It truly is. I hope that for someone out there, this is a big stepping stone on their path. It's a doozy.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Very well put. We are His children but at least not before we ourselves accept Him us our father.

So if you don't call Him father, perhaps you are not His son at all.
This is a silly suggestion. We are our earthly Father's children whether or not we accept him as our Father . . . and regardless what we call him. Why would you think it would be necessary with our spiritual God the Father?

Old 03-16-2011, 10:34 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

No, the devil is not our carnal mind. It is not our carnal mind that wars with Michael and his angels and gets kicked out of heaven for good in the middle of the tribulation. Revelation 12:7-17.

It is not our carnal mind that presented itself before the Lord in Job 1:6 'Now there was a day when the sons of God (angels) came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. 7] And the Lord said to Satan, ''From where do you come?'' Then Satan answered the Lord and said, ''From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.''

Old 03-17-2011, 04:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, the devil is not our carnal mind. It is not our carnal mind that wars with Michael and his angels and gets kicked out of heaven for good in the middle of the tribulation. Revelation 12:7-17.

It is not our carnal mind that presented itself before the Lord in Job 1:6 'Now there was a day when the sons of God (angels) came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. 7] And the Lord said to Satan, ''From where do you come?'' Then Satan answered the Lord and said, ''From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.''
Yes it is The carnal mind is earth and of the earth , and says thing like "that which i greatly feared came upon me" and "the Lord gives and the Lord takes away".

The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

But he continued, "You are from below(the earth); I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Saying "i believe in Jesus and the bible" to me doesn't mean nothing to me , like saying Abraham is our Father didn't to Jesus.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-17-2011 at 05:01 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
I have seen alot of hateful thread on the Christian forum and have shaken my head but this take the cake on hatefulness and arrogance.......

We are all G-ds children, All of us and G-d has a place for all his children not just Christians......

Old 03-17-2011, 05:18 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I have seen alot of hateful thread on the Christian forum and have shaken my head but this take the cake on hatefulness and arrogance.......

We are all G-ds children, All of us and G-d has a place for all his children not just Christians......
Amen! Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists.... we ALL belong to God!

May HE arise King in all our hearts today!

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity