Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:13 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I have seen alot of hateful thread on the Christian forum and have shaken my head but this take the cake on hatefulness and arrogance.......

We are all G-ds children, All of us and G-d has a place for all his children not just Christians......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Amen! Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists.... we ALL belong to God!

May HE arise King in all our hearts today!

Blessings,
brian
Sin is the transgression of the law of God...the law of God is The Ten Commandments.

If you willfully transgress any of the Ten Commandments...INCLUDING! the Fourth one, to keep the Sabbath holy, you are a wicked, willfull sinner. A wicked, willfull sinner is not a child of God, they are a child of the devil...and God does not know you...and you do not know God. Thus saith the Lord God Almighty! It is written!

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. 1 John 3:10.

Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God. 3 John 1:11.

In Christ love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Love is indeed the fulfilling of the Law. Man could not keep the commandments, so God did it Himself!

Moderator cut: delete

Peace,
brian

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-17-2011 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: insult

Old 03-17-2011, 09:23 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I have seen alot of hateful thread on the Christian forum and have shaken my head but this take the cake on hatefulness and arrogance.......

We are all G-ds children, All of us and G-d has a place for all his children not just Christians......
Moderator cut: deleted as denominational bashing

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\
The Christians today are the true seed of Abraham Gen. 15:6; 22
“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman [Hagar] and the other by the free woman [Sarah].

Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
While the Jerusalem that is above is free, for it is written:
Be glad, O barren woman,
who bears no children;
break forth and cry aloud,
you who have no labor pains;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband. Isaiah 54:1

Like Isaac, we are children of promise. At that time the son [Ishmael ] was born in the ordinary way persecuted the son [Isaac] born by the power of the Spirit.
What does the Scripture say?
“Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” Gen. 21:10

And if anybody accuses me of an agenda ....... Read Galatians 4:21-28

Last edited by june 7th; 03-17-2011 at 11:14 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times
The responses in this thread shows that people believe what they want to believe. You can show all the proof in the world, but people believe as they wish.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\
The Christians today are the true seed of Abraham Gen. 15:6; 22
“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman [Hagar] and the other by the free woman [Sarah].

Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.
While the Jerusalem that is above is free, for it is written:
Be glad, O barren woman,
who bears no children;
break forth and cry aloud,
you who have no labor pains;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband. Isaiah 54:1

Like Isaac, we are children of promise. At that time the son [Ishmael ] was born in the ordinary way persecuted the son [Isaac] born by the power of the Spirit.
What does the Scripture say?
“Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” Gen. 21:10

And if anybody accuses me of an agenda ....... Read Galatians 4:21-28
Wonderful point.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-17-2011 at 11:16 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
The responses in this thread shows that people believe what they want to believe. You can show all the proof in the world, but people believe as they wish.
I think that is true of everyone. You believe what you believe because it makes sense to you. If you saw 2+2=5 - you wouldn't believe it because it doesn't make sense to you. You wouldn't believe it simply because a whole group of people was telling you that it was right and you were wrong. We all have our own brain, our own heart, our own personality, our own perception of reality. You believe what you do because you believe that the proof you see adds up to what you believe in. Others believe what they do because they see the proof as adding up to something different. The bible is not a math book - there is no 2+2=4. You can argue that it is exactly like that all day long, but obviously it is not. The written word is never the equivalent of a math equation. At the end of the day, we can only believe what makes sense to us in our heads and in our hearts. I mean - you are never going to believe that 2+2=5, are you?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think that is true of everyone. You believe what you believe because it makes sense to you. If you saw 2+2=5 - you wouldn't believe it because it doesn't make sense to you. You wouldn't believe it simply because a whole group of people was telling you that it was right and you were wrong. We all have our own brain, our own heart, our own personality, our own perception of reality. You believe what you do because you believe that the proof you see adds up to what you believe in. Others believe what they do because they see the proof as adding up to something different. The bible is not a math book - there is no 2+2=4. You can argue that it is exactly like that all day long, but obviously it is not. The written word is never the equivalent of a math equation. At the end of the day, we can only believe what makes sense to us in our heads and in our hearts. I mean - you are never going to believe that 2+2=5, are you?
People claim to believe in the Bible, yet ignore parts of it, because they don't like what it says. There is an absolute truth. Truth is not relative.

"But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, the gave the right to become children of God"

We BECOME children of God by receiving Him and believing in His name. It couldn't be anymore clear, yet people disregard it and believe what they want.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
People claim to believe in the Bible, yet ignore parts of it, because they don't like what it says. There is an absolute truth. Truth is not relative.

"But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, the gave the right to become children of God"

We BECOME children of God by receiving Him and believing in His name. It couldn't be anymore clear, yet people disregard it and believe what they want.
I respectfully agree to disagree with you. If the Bible was as crystal clear as 2+2=4 - you wouldn't need church. You wouldn't need Bible study. You wouldn't need guidance or help understanding the Bible. There wouldn't be thousands of different denominations. You wouldn't have people on forums like this arguing until they are blue in the face about who is right and who is wrong. The thing is - you are all reading the same book and you all think you are right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong. And most of you think that there is no gray area - you are right and it couldn't be clearer.
All I'm saying is that we all use our own brains and our own hearts to understand everything in the entire world that we experience - and as no two brains and hearts are the same - no two understandings are exactly the same.
People seem so surprised that people can read the same passage and get something totally different out of it. It doesn't surprise me at all. I belong to a book club - and we all have different interpretations and different opinions about every single book. Honestly, I think that this is what makes life so interesting.
I know that to you - everyone who disagrees with you couldn't be more wrong - they are liars, the are not God's children, they are bound for Hell, etc. - but if they see what you believe as 2+2=5 - they are just never going to see things your way. And vice versa.
I don't think there is anything wrong or surprising about this. We are human beings - not robots.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I respectfully agree to disagree with you. If the Bible was as crystal clear as 2+2=4 - you wouldn't need church. You wouldn't need Bible study. You wouldn't need guidance or help understanding the Bible. There wouldn't be thousands of different denominations. You wouldn't have people on forums like this arguing until they are blue in the face about who is right and who is wrong. The thing is - you are all reading the same book and you all think you are right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong. And most of you think that there is no gray area - you are right and it couldn't be clearer.
All I'm saying is that we all use our own brains and our own hearts to understand everything in the entire world that we experience - and as no two brains and hearts are the same - no two understandings are exactly the same.
People seem so surprised that people can read the same passage and get something totally different out of it. It doesn't surprise me at all. I belong to a book club - and we all have different interpretations and different opinions about every single book. Honestly, I think that this is what makes life so interesting.
I know that to you - everyone who disagrees with you couldn't be more wrong - they are liars, the are not God's children, they are bound for Hell, etc. - but if they see what you believe as 2+2=5 - they are just never going to see things your way. And vice versa.
I don't think there is anything wrong or surprising about this. We are human beings - not robots.
I am speaking on this particular topic (who are God's children). There are other topics in the Bible that aren't crystal clear. I understand that. When we listen to the Holy Spirit, He guides us into the truth. Do I know everything? Definitely not. I'm constantly learning and if I'm reading the Bible and I don't agree with what it says, I change my beliefs. I change because it doesn't matter what I think. The Bible is always right because it is the standard of truth. Many people don't have a clue what the Bible is saying because they don't have the Holy Spirit. The Bible makes no sense thus they make up their own beliefs.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I am speaking on this particular topic (who are God's children). There are other topics in the Bible that aren't crystal clear. I understand that. When we listen to the Holy Spirit, He guides us into the truth. Do I know everything? Definitely not. I'm constantly learning and if I'm reading the Bible and I don't agree with what it says, I change my beliefs. I change because it doesn't matter what I think. The Bible is always right because it is the standard of truth.
Well, after reading all the threads here - it seems that whatever passage someone quotes from the Bible - someone can come up with a quote that seems to say the opposite. It seems that everyone picks and chooses the passages that seem to get their own personal point across - and there always seem to be passages at hand for any view point.
I admire your single mindedness when it comes to the Bible being the truth. I am not able to see it that way.
Like I said - I respect your views and beliefs - I just have different ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity