Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2018, 10:18 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

Modern Day John the Baptist
1peterpaul1

Are we supposed to think of you as two people or one? Maybe it's a conspiracy theory? Maybe I am just wrong, but I am betting that you are the same person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 10:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Modern Day John the Baptist
1peterpaul1

Are we supposed to think of you as two people or one? Maybe it's a conspiracy theory? Maybe I am just wrong, but I am betting that you are the same person.
There are a few more on the forum, but don't say anything - it's a secret.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There are a few more on the forum, but don't say anything - it's a secret.
Well, I don't mind, long as you tell me you love me about every 6 months or so. Who knows the mind of Jerwade?

It's a secret.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Well, I don't mind, long as you tell me you love me about every 6 months or so. Who knows the mind of Jerwade?

It's a secret.
No one knows the mind of another, but you are loved.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:10 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, â€Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thoughts?

Acts 2 is a quote from Joel 2:28-32, and is with reference to those on mount Zion and in Jerusalem.

Romans is a quote from the false prophet Paul, which twist the quote from Joel 2 to say "you surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:3), if you only believe in me. Of course Yeshua refutes this idea in Mt 7:21. Paul is simply a false prophet of Mt 7:15-21, who will have to listen to "I never knew you".(Mt 7:23).

Old 08-18-2018, 10:25 AM

3,220 posts, read 924,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Acts 2 is a quote from Joel 2:28-32, and is with reference to those on mount Zion and in Jerusalem.

Romans is a quote from the false prophet Paul, which twist the quote from Joel 2 to say "you surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:3), if you only believe in me. Of course Yeshua refutes this idea in Mt 7:21. Paul is simply a false prophet of Mt 7:15-21, who will have to listen to "I never knew you".(Mt 7:23).

Old 08-18-2018, 09:04 PM

3 posts, read 1,579 times
I can assure you we are not one in the same. If we were, I would have named myself Modern Day John the Baptizer not baptist.

Again the scriptures in question (Romans 10, Acts 2, and Matthew 7) all say the same thing. It doesn't matter who you are, who you know, or who your momma and daddy are, what matters is does Jesus know you! You see it's not good enough to just say that you love Jesus, you must back it up! Jesus says in John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." You can be a Jew, Greek, bond, free, man, or woman anyone can be saved but only through Jesus Christ.

And the Apostle Paul could NOT have been a false prophet! He wrote at least 8 letters in the New Testament. Read the 1st chapter of Galatians and every other letter Paul ever wrote. If he was a false prophet then you cannot believe anything that is in the Bible. Paul boldly preached what we all should be preaching today Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (1 Corinthians 2:2) And when we preach Jesus and Him crucified for OUR sins people will respond they way the men did in Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1peterpaul1 View Post
I can assure you we are not one in the same. If we were, I would have named myself Modern Day John the Baptizer not baptist.

Again the scriptures in question (Romans 10, Acts 2, and Matthew 7) all say the same thing. It doesn't matter who you are, who you know, or who your momma and daddy are, what matters is does Jesus know you! You see it's not good enough to just say that you love Jesus, you must back it up! Jesus says in John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." You can be a Jew, Greek, bond, free, man, or woman anyone can be saved but only through Jesus Christ.

And the Apostle Paul could NOT have been a false prophet! He wrote at least 8 letters in the New Testament. Read the 1st chapter of Galatians and every other letter Paul ever wrote. If he was a false prophet then you cannot believe anything that is in the Bible. Paul boldly preached what we all should be preaching today Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (1 Corinthians 2:2) And when we preach Jesus and Him crucified for OUR sins people will respond they way the men did in Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I think people should keep the commandments also, Jesus said that whoever keeps the laws and teaches others to keep the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
I think people should keep the commandments also, Jesus said that whoever keeps the laws and teaches others to keep the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom.
Is keeping the Law easy. I writing my own beliefs(According to you Hanni)) am more .. the law keeping me kind of person. In other words the Law sees me keeping it, when i look into the law of life i see myself in there being kept by it and i just relax in it.

There is something wonderful about knowing you are being kept

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation. This means we seeing that we are kept by it(In this case the law of life), we enter into the rest of it(Salvation.)

Old 08-19-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is keeping the Law easy. I writing my own beliefs(According to you Hanni)) am more .. the law keeping me kind of person. In other words the Law sees me keeping it, when i look into the law of life i see myself in there being kept by it and i just relax in it.

There is something wonderful about knowing you are being kept

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation. This means we seeing that we are kept by it(In this case the law of life), we enter into the rest of it(Salvation.)
Keeping the law has nothing to do with salvation. The law is the definition of sin, and if you keep the law, things will go better for you. The law is going to judge all flesh, and all flesh pertains to the first born son, but there is another law for the second born son, and this is a law of freedom that doesn't cancel out the law pertaining to the flesh, two sons, two laws.

Even if one doesn't keep any of the laws, even if he doesn't keep any of the holy days, he is not at liberty to adopt pagan holy days and traditions of other gods unto himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity