Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,418,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is the removal of evil from among us that provokes the reaction, Iron . . . not the death of the particular person. Sending evil away from the earth and into the hands of our loving God is not a sad event for a Christian . . . don't we all look forward to going there ourselves?
Speak for yourself . . . I don't ever want to die. If they ever invent a pill preventing death (impossible, I know), I'd be the first to sign up.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Clearly you are privy to inside information that I do not have access to . . . nor do many Americans I would guess. I will not debate politics with you, my brother. Peace.
All a person has to do is study world history, pay attention to whats going on in the world around them, learn to suspect those who stand the most to gain, and start connecting the dots.

In fact "they" have literally spelled it out for us in numerous ways, if people just took the time to read the published Journals of the elite.

But your right ... This is not the place to debate politics, though i believe Bin Laden is ultimately a political figure. Nevertheless, people really should pay more attention.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." — Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

"for a root of all the evils is the love of money, which certain longing for did go astray from the faith, and themselves did pierce through with many sorrows" — The apostle Paul, 1 Timothy 6:10

Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,929,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Whoever said it is wrong.
Moderator cut: delete
“In the words of the Master Himself, ‘In my Father’s house there are many mansions’(John 14:2 ), many consciousnesses, many stages of enfoldment, of unfoldment, of blessings, of sources.”
Edgar Cayce Reading 2280-1

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-03-2011 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: personal and insulting

Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
“In the words of the Master Himself, ‘In my Father’s house there are many mansions’(John 14:2 ), many consciousnesses, many stages of enfoldment, of unfoldment, of blessings, of sources.”
Edgar Cayce Reading 2280-1
Nothing about this implys reincarnation. The Bible does NOT teach reincarnation.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,929,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Nothing about this implys reincarnation. The Bible does NOT teach reincarnation.
The bible is open to interpretation. One person cannot say, definitively, what it teaches.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 PM

200 posts, read 252,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This question has been on my mind today. My initial reaction to the cheering in the streets was a feeling of embarrassment.

Is it morally right to celebrate bin Laden's death?
Heartsong, God bless you, you are a beautiful soul!

The thing I see here is that what bin Laden did was so beyond the pale of very basic humanity that he is seen not as a "child of God" but as a monster in the vein of Hitler and Stalin. I saw him as a murderer who was quite proud of what he did and boasted that he'd do it thousands of times over if given the chance, all in the name of Allah, of course.

What happened to bin Laden was a consequence of his actions. I celebrate the fact that his "charisma" can no longer be used to inflame the anger and strife of poor, young Muslims, much like Hitler inflamed the anger and strife of Germans struggling under the weight of a worldwide depression.

JMHO.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:48 PM

912 posts, read 827,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The relief, "closure," hope and reduced anxiety can be given in many ways. Support for the ones killed in 9/11 could have been greater, and in particular, on behalf of the US government.

But killing people is not a way to "comfort" people. Killing is animal instinct, flesh; nothing more.

"LOVE your enemies." Gotta keep repeating this one!

Blessings,
brian
I'm positive that you have read more of The Bible than myself and I'm confused with something. I don't want you to think...oh Blue is challenging me. I would like to know what it is in the following which would seem to disagree with the momentum of your posts:

Jesus said, love thy neighbor, do not kill, turn the other cheek.

Why do we turn the other cheek exactly? My belief is that it further enhances our neighbors potential in Gods Will, that being the growing and becoming towards his or her sanctification

Our neighbor learns through our example... patience, hope and charity as well dignity in our perception. Prohibiting an abject occurrence on him through retaliation is the path.

Continuing....

It is the mutual participation with our neighbor in keeping with Gods Will that as a human being our neighbor will grow through this act towards sanctification.

Turning the other cheek is not all-together an individual moment for ourselves it is a process of growth for our neighbor.

We turn the other cheek expressing hope for our neighbors becoming. An act of charity , inspired as you know by The Holy Spirit.

The process is not possible and in opinion"not inspired" with.... an-anti life, diabolical, madman who has shown that killing is not only without remorse but in fact defines his nature.

How could it be possible to discern The Spirit in hope for progress in this man when we know, and he knows that only God could figure out what in the world to do with him ?

A being of proven & dedicated anti-life killing. As well, how can it not be a disrespect to the whole world and thus God in the out of the norm promotion of that mind. This is my opinion.

As far as the cheering in the streets goes...for myself of course I would surely not be interested and find another park bench to feed the birds and carry on. But....thats what I would do if it was about a football game, or whatever.

There will always be dynamics in society. The percentage of
people inclined to let it rip , well thats just because everyone is different.

I don't think its reasonable to expect some kind of perfect tie and suit world. Don't forget mans a slow poke...its only been a few years really since ...public hanging after church on Sunday helped the sandwiches go down...and not that many more since the coliseum tiger tear apart deals.

Were slow. With slow comes the mix. I think its good to be patient about things which allow us and our neighbor... to be.

The arguements about not standing up for what is right are not fair. Where would man be..
I will tell you. There would be just one man. A Bully

Last edited by Blue Hue; 05-04-2011 at 12:56 AM..

Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Food for thought, for sure, Blue Hue.
I appreciate your posting that.
peace,
sparrow

Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Romans 13 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer
That, my friend, includes all those bad bad Muslim leaders that you hate so much.

That's part of the reason why Christians are not to participate in ANY military activity. All powers are in place by God, including the Muslim ones.

Gotta love it!

Peace,
brian

Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
No brian . . . you are NOT a bigot because you seek to follow Christ. You are a bigot because you lump all individual Americans into your generalized stereotype and criticize us as Americans. This is no different than having generalized stereotypes about blacks and treating all blacks the same.
Peace,
Mystic
Of course, not all Americans are the same. I'm only referring to the majority.

Remember: they killed 3,000. We've killed 14,000-34,000, and counting (because according to Obama, there's still dirty laundry to deal with).

Who's the real terrorist in this scenario?

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity