Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I just realized here that your statement above is untrue. You believe there is no hope for the vast majority of humanity.

I'm sorry, that's a very sad belief. But the truth is there really is hope for every single individual. Can you say you really believe that?
There is hope as long as we love. I never said otherwise. Stop twisting my words already.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:33 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,137,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is hope as long as we love. I never said otherwise. Stop twisting my words already.
I'm not twisting your words. They speak for themselves. Maybe I misunderstood you.

You said there is hope for everyone.

Really? Everyone? Hitler, Pharaoh, Judas? People who live in North Korea, China, Japan, etc?

You really believe there is hope for everyone? That's what I believe.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Because the alternative is so grotesque that it is better out of sight, out of mind. Ignoring what you truly believe isnt helping. IMO

Just come out and say that you don't really care if millions burn as long as it's not you. At least then you are being genuine.
I do not ignore it, I just prioritize things different than you. You keep talking about hell, and I prefer to talk about the good news, salvation.

Is there a need to get personal, and suggest that I don't care? Why do you always do that? Is denial same as caring? If you were a doctor, and your patient had an early term cancer, would you be more caring if you did not tell him, because it might upset him? No, you tell them the truth, and you tell him what he needs to do to be cured. Denying the truth is not caring, it is lying.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:41 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
LOL. You can't have it both ways.
As i see it,both ways means "there's nothing you can do to be saved", then the next thing that comes out your mouth is "here's what you must do to be saved".

Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,137,783 times
Quote:
I do not ignore it, I just prioritize things different than you. You keep talking about hell, and I prefer to talk about the good news, salvation.

Is there a need to get personal, and suggest that I don't care? Why do you always do that? Is denial same as caring? If you were a doctor, and your patient had an early term cancer, would you be more caring if you did not tell him, because it might upset him? No, you tell them the truth, and you tell him what he needs to do to be cured. Denying the truth is not caring, it is lying.
You are right that denying the truth is not caring, it is lying.

What if the doctor kept saying you have cancer, but you didn't actually have it? What if he kept going on and on, saying you could work through it, take chemotherapy and different drugs, and even though the chemotherapy might kill you, you will have a chance to live a bit longer.... but all the while there was plain proof you didn't even have cancer at all...

Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,770,261 times
Quote:
You are right that denying the truth is not caring, it is lying.

What if the doctor kept saying you have cancer, but you didn't actually have it? What if he kept going on and on, saying you could work through it, take chemotherapy and different drugs, and even though the chemotherapy might kill you, you will have a chance to live a bit longer.... but all the while there was plain proof you didn't even have cancer at all...
Right, and the whole time the doctors and the whole medical pharmaceutical system is banking on treating an illness that doesn't even exist in the first place.

They want to keep you thinking your sick so you keep filling their coffers ... Fear mongers! Extortioners! Parasites! Hireling(mercenary!) shepherds and wolves in sheep's clothing ...

Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 AM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Did someone say there was a problem? I am not sure why you ask, because it is the URs who keep talking about after death and hell, while I have said very little about that. I am speaking about the importance of salvation.
The problem is that you claim that UR is a satanic deception/lie that will condemn us to ET or AN even though we (like You) believe on Christ, repent of our unloving thoughts and acts, and follow His commands to "love God and each other." I see nothing either satanic or damning in that at all. But apparently you and Twin and ILNC and Cyber, et al. think so. Why is that?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I'm not twisting your words. They speak for themselves. Maybe I misunderstood you.

You said there is hope for everyone.

Really? Everyone? Hitler, Pharaoh, Judas? People who live in North Korea, China, Japan, etc?

You really believe there is hope for everyone? That's what I believe.
There is hope as long as we live. There is nothing complicated in that statement.

Heb 9 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The problem is that you claim that UR is a satanic deception/lie that will condemn us to ET or AN even though we (like You) believe on Christ, repent of our unloving thoughts and acts, and follow His commands to "love God and each other." I see nothing either satanic or damning in that at all. But apparently you and Twin and ILNC and Cyber, et al. think so. Why is that?
Wow!! You paste on the accusations rather think. Quotes please. When have I condemned you to "ET" if you do not believe as I do. Show me the post, or take it back.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:27 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,953,379 times
Quote:
Wow!! You paste on the accusations rather think. Quotes please. When have I condemned you to "ET" if you do not believe as I do. Show me the post, or take it back.

So, according to what you believe, if mystic dies believing what he does, then what is his fate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity