Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
Friend you have stated several times that after a person is saved by the conjecture you advocate that he will obey the Lord's commands then.
No, I did not. What I have been telling you is that once a person has been saved through faith alone in Christ alone, he can then obey the commands that God expects of the believer. Whether or not he does is up to him. It has no effect on his salvation. He is saved solely upon having trusted in Christ for salvation.

Quote:
I have deliberately closed several of my responses to you with a question. And each time I have you have consistantly failed to answer the question
and also disobyed a direct command of the Lord. "Give to the one who asks you."
My first post to you was post #38.

In post #39 you asked me the following question. ''So then it is your opinion that Paul's statement is wrong/not true?''

In post #43 I explained to you in reply to your question what Paul was saying in Romans.

In post #44 you asked the same question again. ''So then it is your opinion that you are right and the apostle Paul is wrong!?'' This showed that you did not understand anything I had said in post #43.

In post #59 I told you to read what I had already said and to make an effort to understand it.

In post #60 you said ''And it seems to me that it is your opinion that that Paul has not meant what he has said.'' This showed you STILL did not understand what I had said in post #43. You then asked a question which you would not have asked had you understood post #43, and which I therefore did not bother to answer.

Then in post #62 you simply said once again that I misunderstood what Paul had said.

In post #63 I then once again explained what Paul was talking about.

In post #64 you made an incorrect statement. You said ''No one will be declared righteous by God unless he has the faith to obey God by this added law in regard to Jesus' crucifixion as an accountable sin caused by bloodshed''. You stated that obedience is necessary to be justified (and therefore saved. You did not ask any question.

In post #65 I told you that obedience becomes an issue AFTER salvation. And that the only command the UNBELIEVER can obey is the command to believe in Christ.

In post #66 you had no question. You simply showed that you again did not understand what I had said.

In post #67 I then clarifed what I had said in post #65.

In post #68 you asked a question about Acts 2:38.

In post #69 I referred you to my thread which addressed Act 2:38. I then explained the difference between what Paul was talking about concerning justification, and what James was talking about regarding justification.

You have asked me only one question which I did not bother to answer because you should have understood what I had already told you about what Paul had said.

Now in post #63 of the following thread ---> What is your take on why so many Christians can't agree on what is Christian doctrine? you made this statement ---> ''According to Jesus there are only a few people that ever find what the small narrow gate that a person must have the faith to use to become born again of God actually is. And I think the numerical equivalent of, few, is more than likely less than five persons. The apostles whom God elected were taught what this gate is by God revealing it to them. But the persons who make up those few who find it have to dig it out of the Bible guided by the Holy Spirit. No person finds the Holy Spirit as you have assumed. For the Holy Spirit is a gift given only those who have the faith to obey a law that has been added to the law by Jesus' crucifixion in regard to the loss of his life caused by bloodshed. However all contemporay churches teach that Jesus' crucifixion is the direct benefit of him dying in your place, but no person receives the gift of the Holy Spirit upon believing that conjecture is true.
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13''

If I have understood you correctly you apparently think that less than five people have been born again. I assume that you consider yourself to be one of the less than five people you think to have been born again.

Quote:
His position about a person like you who on the one hand calims to be one of his disciples, but refuses to obey him, is actually lying about what he claims to be by the fact that you refuse to obey what he commands. No student is greater than his teacher, friend, and no man can serve two masters, friend, for the master he hates he always disobeys.
Refer to the above. I don't think there's any point in replying to you further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 2,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 Does your pastor teach you which law this is and the Way it must be obeyed?
If you are plucking out one verse from Scripture and making a doctrine of it, you are not reading Scripture correctly, keep on going to the end of the chapter.

The Book of Romans is a progressive book, meaning it starts with Paul saying that God has concluded the entire world is under sin. The second chapter declares that man (sinful man) has no right to judge others. Then he goes on to explain that the Jew who have the law could not be made righteous by the law. Then he tells about the Gentiles not having the law, but being a law unto themselves. So, please read Romans with that in mind, that Paul takes the reader from God declaring the whole world sinful, to the law not making anyone righteous, to how one is made righteous in chapters 3 through 5, etc...

I could counter your Romans 2:13, with my Romans 10:4, then what would you say how one is made righteous?

See what I mean? You've got to read the entire chapter and get the meaning before focusing on one sentence.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 2,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God's perfect Righteousness is imputed to all who simply place their faith alone in Christ alone.

Rom 4:3 'For what does the Scripture say? ''And Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him as righteousness.''

Rom 4:5 'But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness.

The only obedience required to be declared righteous in the sight of the Lord is to believe the gospel concerning Christ.

Obedience after having been saved is a separate issue which does not affect the believers eternal salvation.
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity