Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 05:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I meant there is anger in the way to talk to people you don't like.

Have a good night.
Is this your favorite way of responding when you don't have an answer, to defame someone's character ?.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Interested students will study the evidence and will decide for themselves whether or not it is the truth.

Originally Posted by rodgertutt
THE BIBLICAL TRUTH ABOUT "HELL"

A snippet from THE BIBLE HELL - John Wesley Hanson

"Do the Scripture teachings concerning Hell stain the character of God and clothe human destiny with an impenetrable pall of darkness, by revealing a state or place of endless torment? Or do they explain its existence, and relieve God's character, and dispel all the darkness of misbelief, by teaching that it exists as a means to a good end?

It is our belief that the Bible Hell is not the heathen, nor the "orthodox" hell, but is one that is doomed to pass away when its purpose shall have been accomplished, in the reformation of those for whose welfare a good God ordained it."

THE BIBLE HELL
The Bible Hell
Thank you for posting this Rodger. And happy All Saints Day to you

Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Exclamation Knowing the real jesus

Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Quote:
You never knew God? Most universalists tell a story there they claim they used to be believers, but in the end the truth comes out in these stories, and it becomes clear they never knew Him.

I don't think ETers know the real Jesus.
Reading J. Preston Eby's perception of the real Jesus that he sees in the Bible helped my put my trust in Him.

KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Old 11-01-2011, 06:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Huh? I don't really get your point. How could I know God when his image was so marred? He was presented as unapproachable and very scary. Not exactly good for the mind of a child, that's for sure.
I was asking because I have heard it a lot from universalists. They say they used to believe in the past (before becoming ur), but then it turns out they never did. I assume what they mean is that they considered themselves as Christians (in name only), but they never had a relationship with Christ.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber

I don't think ETers know the real Jesus.
Reading J. Preston Eby's perception of the real Jesus that he sees in the Bible helped my put my trust in Him.

KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus
Well, if you and Preston Eby say so then it must be so.

I know Jesus. He will not shout to me through the door "I never knew you". I will be inside eating supper with Him. Isnt' it wonderful to have assurance of such thing?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I was asking because I have heard it a lot from universalists. They say they used to believe in the past (before becoming ur), but then it turns out they never did. I assume what they mean is that they considered themselves as Christians (in name only), but they never had a relationship with Christ.
If you are asking did I believe in God the Father and his son Jesus Christ as a child, the answer is YES. My first experience with God that I can remember came BEFORE his image was marred by men. I was either 3 or 4 years old and had an epiphany in which I realized with awe that GOD IS. I will never forget that experience. I have never doubted God's existence since that time. Not that that means anything about me. Some people do not have that experience and do not know whether or not they believe in God. That has no bearing on God's love toward us. God does not love us BECAUSE we believe. God loves us because GOD IS LOVE.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Well, if you and Preston Eby say so then it must be so.

I know Jesus. He will not shout to me through the door "I never knew you". I will be inside eating supper with Him. Isnt' it wonderful to have assurance of such thing?
How can you be sure, Finn, that Jesus will not say to you that he never knew you? Are you counting on your "decision" or on God's goodness?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
RETURNING TO THE SUBJECT OF THE OP

GOOD REASONS NOT TO BE AFRAID OF THE DOCTRINE OF UR

A snippet from TRUTH AS I SEE IT – W.F. SALTER

“Does God not love His enemies, even as He has taught us to love ours? If He fails to reconcile even one, must it not be due to a lack of love, or of power? These qualities find their source in Him!

So of a certainty He shall bring circumstances to bear which shall ultimately cause all to know, with understanding, His great love manifested in the gift of His Son, and this in turn shall fill each heart with adoration and love, and praise to God.

When God’s plans for the ages of time (eonian times) have been accomplished, every experience of man will, under the guidance of His wisdom, work together with every other experience for man’s highest ultimate good, as thus redound to God’s honor and glory.”
The good news is not about how awful man is, but how wonderful God is. Fundamentalists hate an fear such a thought, because it quells their thirst of justice and punishment for those they deem are deserving of eternal torment.

If you don't believe I love you, i'm going to punish you with eternal torment,Lord have Mercy on me for ever entertaining such a despicable and evil thought.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
If you are asking did I believe in God the Father and his son Jesus Christ as a child, the answer is YES. My first experience with God that I can remember came BEFORE his image was marred by men. I was either 3 or 4 years old and had an epiphany in which I realized with awe that GOD IS. I will never forget that experience. I have never doubted God's existence since that time. Not that that means anything about me. Some people do not have that experience and do not know whether or not they believe in God. That has no bearing on God's love toward us. God does not love us BECAUSE we believe. God loves us because GOD IS LOVE.
I was asking if you were saved, if you had a personal relationship with Him before you became UR.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
How can you be sure, Finn, that Jesus will not say to you that he never knew you? Are you counting on your "decision" or on God's goodness?
Either you know, or you don't, and I KNOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity