Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I disagree with you, extracting a passage from the bible doesn't mean that what you believe is correct, I can prove that with one verse, shall I?
And one day I shall stand back and see if you are the great I AM or Jesus is. We will see if your arrogance is greater than Jesus'.

You will never get into heaven Phazelwood, since heaven can't be be occupied according the master plan of UR's till everyone who ended up in this temporary hell situation goes through the "remedial process"

You forget that there is no way a Mormon is going to become a JW ... or a JW become a Mormon, or a Jew become a Muslim, or a Muslim become a Jew, or a athesist become anyone.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:50 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Default Hoo nose, twin. You just might turn out to be one of these guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And one day I shall stand back and see if you are the great I AM or Jesus is. We will see if your arrogance is greater than Jesus'.

You will never get into heaven Phazelwood, since heaven can't be be occupied according the master plan of UR's till everyone who ended up in this temporary hell situation goes through the "remedial process"

You forget that there is no way a Mormon is going to become a JW ... or a JW become a Mormon, or a Jew become a Muslim, or a Muslim become a Jew, or a athesist become anyone.
Hoo nose, twin. You just might turn out to be one of these guys bcause you think you got yourself saved in Jesus' Name.

"Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils, and in Thy Name have done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them I never knew you. Depart from Me ye who work iniquity' (Matt. 7:22,23).

We could probably add to those decarations that many, in astonishment, will also say, -- "but my name should be right there in the book of life because I got myself saved in Your Name!"

They fully expect to go right into heaven based on what they had done in the Name of Jesus.
Instead, Jesus will cast them into the lake of fire which is the second death to experience kolasis aionion, which means age-during corrective chastisement.

It is God, not us, who decides who will or will not experience the lake of fire which is the second death.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:

So says the wolf.

But none of that has anything to do with what I have said. I know that you cannot come up with any place better to be than the hands of the living God.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, everyone else is talking about this : Hebrews 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
You know what's really ironic Finn? You always accuse UR folk of obsessing about hell but it's you that is obsessed about the negative and evil, not us.

We preach a Savior that is able to save all, you preach eternal damnation.

It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict the world of sin (John 16:8-11), not ours.

It is our job to preach the good news (gospel) to the world.

Why are you guys so obsessed about the wrath of God and His anger? Why do you never preach about His love and forgivness?

(here we go now..."But God is holy, He has to judge sin....blah blah blah")

Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:

No wonder you believe in a "g"od that acts like a human gone mad, you've gone crazy and think your gonna stand back and watch me BUUURRRRRRRNNNNNN and enjoy it and sit there going, "See I told ya so, should of listened, what do you think now, Bwahahahahaha".
"Get em god, get em, show em, burn em burn em, yeah, more more"

You've completely gone nuts.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You know what's really ironic Finn? You always accuse UR folk of obsessing about hell but it's you that is obsessed about the negative and evil, not us.

We preach a Savior that is able to save all, you preach eternal damnation.

It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict the world of sin (John 16:8-11), not ours.

It is our job to preach the good news (gospel) to the world.

Why are you guys so obsessed about the wrath of God and His anger? Why do you never preach about His love and forgivness?

(here we go now..."But God is holy, He has to judge sin....blah blah blah")
This is obvious to any intelligent reasonable minded person. Instead of preaching peace to those who are near and afar off, they preach fear.

I find it hard to believe they have heard the good news, it is certainly not good news that they share on here.

Peace on earth and goodwill to All men.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:35 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is obvious to any intelligent reasonable minded person. Instead of preaching peace to those who are near and afar off, they preach fear.

I find it hard to believe they have heard the good news, it is certainly not good news that they share on here.

Peace on earth and goodwill to All men.
God is good

Peace on earth and Godswill to All men

Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
God is good

Peace on earth and Godswill to All men

I Like that pneuma. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Gods will is for all to believe.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I am obsessed with the truth. Not the partial truth, but the full truth. I don't remember who bought up the verse in question, but it became the topic of the discussion. If you, or someone else argues it does not exist, which is what happened here, then it becomes every Christians duty to point out the truth. There are a lot of Bible verse which prove universalism to be false, and the urs deny them, and I point out they they do in fact exist. When I do it, they usually lash back with anger and accusations.

There is only one truth, and it is not partial truth, but the FULL truth.

It is ridiculous to come to a Christian board and claim "there is no consequence for unbelief", and when someone corrects it, and points out the Bible verses you say "oooooohhh, see what I mean, you are obsessed with the negative". Gays use this tactic all the time. They know what the Bible says about sexual immorality, but they come here to ask what the Bible says, only so they can accuse the Christians of being judgmental.

No, you are not judgemental if you point out the truth. If you are offended by the truth, then maybe you need to examine your faith a little. Universalists ALWAYS go back to the topic of hell, so they can accuse believers of being afraid of it, or obsessed by it, but I'll tell you it is YOU who is obsessed, since it it YOU who ALWAYS returns back to that topic. You can't stop talking about it. You bring up the topic, and then you accuse others for talking about it. Does that sound honest to you? It shouldn't, because it is not. It is called baiting.

Let's give it a name: "universalist hell baiting". How's that sound? I think it sounds about right. You do it for two reasons:
1. Because you are in fact obsessed with hell.
2. It gives you an opportunity to accuse Christians for being negative

Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
...It is ridiculous to come to a Christian board and claim "there is no consequence for unbelief", ...
***in Ronald Reagan voice*** - "Well,there you go again."

Once again you misrepresent the UR message. No consequences for unbelief? You reap what you sow.

Do you even bother reading what is posted in defense of UR? Either you aren't even reading or your heart is as hard as granite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity