Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:41 PM

461 posts, read 480,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
[/indent]But..... oh how so different will it be for those on the left of THE SON OF MAN.
[indent]" ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "
That's why I have to keep working on you Christians.

The Lord who sent me says this.

Quote:
The wicked will not stand in judgment, nor sinners in the company of the just; for the Lord watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked will perish.

Offer just sacrifice, and trust in the Lord.

For the Lord is just; he loves just deeds; the upright shall behold his face.

The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him incurs guilt..

Wait for the Lord, and keep to his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land.
I am the light of the world no one who follows me will ever walk in darkness cause he will possess the light of life.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I don't doubt that night is coming (or perhaps already has!). But I trust that morning will appear again.

This is a shadow/type that is seen throughout the bible starting with creation - there was night and then there was morning - the night was chaos and God brought order out of it - earth, water, trees, animals, and finally man.

In Revelations we see there is no more night and no more darkness and then ultimately God is all in all as Paul tells us in 1 Cor 15.
Yes, the types and shadows are for our learning. First the natural, then the spiritual. There is an order for everything and to everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.

Peace,
Heartsong

Old 11-10-2011, 09:51 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post

I am the light of the world no one who follows me will ever walk in darkness cause he will possess the light of life.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.
The irony contained in the bold is too outrageous even to contemplate.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,053 times
Quote:
On the second Christmas of Jesus all will see his coming, not just a few shepherds.
That day will expose what was the most important factor when we lived on this earth.

It will be tremendous day ... a day of great joy or a day of great terror.
For the first time people will see what the promise of having faith in Christ while alive means as eternal savation is only but steps away.
We now stand clothed in the robe of righteouness Jesus gave us by living a perfect life in our behalf.
Us, dear Christians, who has come to know our Savior while alive, feel nothing but joy because we are standing at the door of eternal life. For in a short while Jesus will say:
" ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. ' "
But..... oh how so different will it be for those on the left of Jesus.
We will see something completely different, we will see the sheer terror as they are seperated from us.
For the first time in their lives there is no escape - they can not suppress the truth of God.
No longer can they ursurp God clear message found in the Bible by the "inner voice" - their conscience through false philosophies and religions of works righteousness.
They are also but moments away of being thrown in into an eternity of punishment. For in a short while they too while hear Jesus say:
" ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "
Sadly, their time of grace is over. There is nothing they can do to change their eternity..nor is there we can do to change that either.

But, the 2nd Christmas has not yet come .... so we can do some thing !
Don't be silent..be active and use the opportunities to share with the unbelieving world why Jesus came the first time to give a reason for the hope we have.
The Lord put you where you are for a reason ... to share the hope that faith offers in order to escape eternal punishment in hell.

May we all make the best use of the time of grace we have.
that's awesome,amen

Old 11-10-2011, 10:59 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,033,730 times
Quote:
On the second Christmas of Jesus all will see his coming, not just a few shepherds.
That day will expose what was the most important factor when we lived on this earth.

For the first time people will see what the promise of having faith in Christ while alive means as eternal savation is only but steps away.
We now stand clothed in the robe of righteouness Jesus gave us by living a perfect life in our behalf.
Us, dear Christians, who has come to know our Savior while alive, feel nothing but joy because we are standing at the door of eternal life. For in a short while Jesus will say:
" ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. ' "
We will see something completely different, we will see the sheer terror as they are seperated from us.
For the first time in their lives there is no escape - they can not suppress the truth of God.
No longer can they ursurp God clear message found in the Bible by the "inner voice" - their conscience through false philosophies and religions of works righteousness.
They are also but moments away of being thrown in into an eternity of punishment. For in a short while they too while hear Jesus say:
" ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "
Sadly, their time of grace is over. There is nothing they can do to change their eternity..nor is there we can do to change that either.

Don't be silent..be active and use the opportunities to share with the unbelieving world why Jesus came the first time to give a reason for the hope we have.
The Lord put you where you are for a reason ... to share the hope that faith offers in order to escape eternal punishment in hell.

So it is a great time of TERROR!????

how is this supposed to be GOOD?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:26 PM

terror for those who have willingly chosen the wrong path.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:

And a Happy Christmas to all who use terror to present the good news.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So it is a great time of TERROR!????
how is this supposed to be GOOD?
It is an enigma, trettep!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
terror for those who have willingly chosen the wrong path.
You cannot ever choose what you do not truly believe, ever! True belief is NOT a choice! Your Bad News message creates an untenable and unwinable situation for those who do not truly believe. They cannot choose to do so . . . because God knows our hearts. If your"terror" news were the truth . . . God would be a monster. Thank God you are wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And a Happy Christmas to all who use terror to present the good news.
It does boggle the mind, pcamps!!

Old 11-12-2011, 04:53 PM

then you guys have a problem with the bible/scripture,not us.'as it is written...'. If God's word SAYS it,then that SETTLES it.remember God says He doesn't think like we do.have a problem w that,take it up w GOD,please.thx.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
then you guys have a problem with the bible/scripture,not us.'as it is written...'. If God's word SAYS it,then that SETTLES it.remember God says He doesn't think like we do.have a problem w that,take it up w GOD,please.thx.
You have replaced the Word of God Jesus Christ with the words about God "written in ink" that Christ came to correct by removing the veil of ignorance over the OT. Mainstream religions and ET'ers have retained the veil of ignorance as a sign of faith and demanded that their adherents ignore any and all knowledge that would put the lie to it . . . including the unambiguous example and teachings of Jesus Christ. They have a heavy burden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity