Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,231,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"The wages of sin is death"

"just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin,and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—"

There is no one righteous, not even one"
"We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin."

I believe God's pov .... Moderator cut: orphaned word.
Unbelievable.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-22-2011 at 09:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 04:38 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,770,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I disagree, I believe Paul is trying to explain the "once and for all" aspect of Christ's sacrifice.
However, the verse is not the point of the OP. I can't seem to understand how a person can un-willfully sin.

Would un-willfully sinning be the same as un-knowingly sinning due to not having the intent to sin?

Old 11-23-2011, 04:54 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,770,843 times
Quote:
From the bold ....
death at any age is a direct result of sin.

And also I don't reject God's Word simply because I don't like something in it 'cause it hurts my "feel goods"

This death comes at any age. The first death (physical death) is the result and punishment from the original sin. Of course there were other punishments but we are only speaking about the human death here.

This death does not. It depends on the. The second death (spiritual death after physical death) is the punishment of sinning without repenting and willing to change. It is also the result of not accepting, according the NT, Christ or god.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
For crying out loud, twin! Just answer the question in your own words. I don't need a sermon. I'm just trying to understand a previous remark you made. Are you saying that all people must experience physical death because of Adam's sin or are you saying that all people must experience physical death because of their own sins?
Everything I try to write here is based on God's pov not mine.

Jesus revealed to Paul that "sin" is more than just one's actions, it is a state of fact. There is no such thing as being born sinless. Paul wrote that before the law was ever given...people still died. Therefore humanity is under the curse that was pronounced upon all of the creation.

No one comes out of the womb sinless... that is why 2 day old babies die, because they are a sinner. "The wages of sin is death"

This is what the law says that God revealed:
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son.

I can't suger coat it, your fundamental position that people are neutral blank slates prone to do good is against the clear revealed word of God ... that's if you truly hold the Bible as the benchmark.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Unbelievable.
Tis no surprise that is your opinion when those who reject God's Word the Bible as the truth .... for that is all that I quoted:

"The wages of sin is death"

"just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin,and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—"

“There is no one righteous, not even one"
"We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin."
I find it believeable

Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
This death comes at any age. The first death (physical death) is the result and punishment from the original sin. Of course there were other punishments but we are only speaking about the human death here.

This death does not. It depends on the. The second death (spiritual death after physical death) is the punishment of sinning without repenting and willing to change. It is also the result of not accepting, according the NT, Christ or god.
People are conceived spiritually dead as well as the physical death already in play ....

Physical death is the physical proof that the spiritual condition exists.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM

28,151 posts, read 30,131,917 times
Quote:
I can't suger coat it...
I wasn't asking you to sugarcoat it, twin. I was only asking you to explain in your own words if, when human beings die, it is because they have sinned.

Quote:
your fundamental position that people are neutral blank slates prone to do good is against the clear revealed word of God
Actually, I've continually stated that we are prone to sin, so please don't accuse me of saying something completely opposite to that.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I wasn't asking you to sugarcoat it, twin. I was only asking you to explain in your own words if, when human beings die, it is because they have sinned.

Actually, I've continually stated that we are prone to sin, so please don't accuse me of saying something completely opposite to that.
Good..then a 2 day old baby that dies does so because it is a sinner. That is the verdict from the Law from God.
"Sin" automatically makes the person a "sinner" regardless.

You have in the past stated (in a form of a question)
"But how can we be sinners if we haven't sinned at all? I mean what sin -- willful or unwillful -- has a newborn baby committed? Certainly being born is not a sin."
it has nothing about being prone ... sin isn't some choice \ inclination or the wrongful useage of agency. Sin is the condition one finds themself as an enemy of God. We are an enemy of God from the moment of conception and it's the Law from God that requires that every single person (at any age mind you) is damned to hell ... the Mormon's outer darkness.

That is why God revealed that no one will be declared righteous by observing the law.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:21 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,963,159 times
Quote:
Good..then a 2 day old baby that dies does so because it is a sinner. That is the verdict from the Law from God.
"Sin" automatically makes the person a "sinner" regardless.

You have in the past stated (in a form of a question)
"But how can we be sinners if we haven't sinned at all? I mean what sin -- willful or unwillful -- has a newborn baby committed? Certainly being born is not a sin."
it has nothing about being prone ... sin isn't some choice \ inclination or the wrongful useage of agency. Sin is the condition one finds themself as an enemy of God. We are an enemy of God from the moment of conception and it's the Law from God that requires that every single person (at any age mind you) is damned to hell ... the Mormon's outer darkness.

That is why God revealed that no one will be declared righteous by observing the law.

Ultimately, technically, yes, we all have to go through the dying process at some point because of the existence of sin which was introduced by Adam.

But the sin doesn't MAKE us die, which is what you made it sound like.

We all know that illness, accidents, natural causes are what MAKE us die. In other words, sin itself doesn't necessarily kill (though sinful people DO kill/murder).

Dying would never have been part of our existence if the world had remained perfect - sinless. Which is what I think you're trying to communicate, right?

Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 AM

64,093 posts, read 40,390,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Unbelievable.
Quote:
Everything I try to write here is based on God's pov not mine.
What arrogance. Your posts reveal a complete ignorance of God's POV.
Quote:
Jesus revealed to Paul that "sin" is more than just one's actions, it is a state of fact. There is no such thing as being born sinless. Paul wrote that before the law was ever given...people still died. Therefore humanity is under the curse that was pronounced upon all of the creation.
There is no such curse.
Quote:
No one comes out of the womb sinless... that is why 2 day old babies die, because they are a sinner. "The wages of sin is death"
Sin is an act not a state. This is preposterous on its face.
Quote:
I can't suger coat it, your fundamental position that people are neutral blank slates prone to do good is against the clear revealed word of God ... that's if you truly hold the Bible as the benchmark.
That may be the view from Bibleanity . . . but not from Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity