Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:15 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I grew up hearing that 'whatever sin you commit, God will forgive you.' But obviously, there's a point where too much is too much. What is that point? Where the 'sinful nature' seems to have control over you more than the Holy Spirit? Does this indicate you aren't really saved? What if one is just really weak-willed?
My response was as blunt as it was because I just didn't feel like arguing with Verna. I believe repentance is absolutely essential to receiving the fullness of salvation, (i.e. eternal life in God's presence). Since we are, by our very nature, inclined to be sinful, it takes a great deal of effort to overcome sin. Furthermore, overcoming sin is something we absolutely cannot accomplish on our own. It absolutely must be accompanied by the strength provided by the Holy Spirit. I don't believe we're condemned if we sin, repent, and then fall short again. God loves us and is patient with us. He just wants us to continue giving it our best effort all the way up until we draw our last breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 04:19 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...The apostle continues the comparison between the former and the present state of a believer, and at the same time endeavours to wean the Jewish believers from their fondness for the Mosaic law (NOT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS). The law is here spoken of, by a common figure, as a person, to which, as to an husband, life and death are ascribed.

...She is freed from the law of her husband - From that law which gave him a peculiar property in her.

...Thus ye also - Are now as free from the Mosaic law (NOT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS) as an husband is, when his wife is dead. By the body of Christ - Offered up; that is, by the merits of his death, that law expiring with him.

...When ye were in the flesh - Carnally minded, in a state of nature; before we believed in Christ. Our sins which were by the law - Accidentally occasioned, or irritated thereby. Wrought in our members - Spread themselves all over the whole man.

...Being dead to that whereby we were held - To our old husband, the law. That we might serve in newness of spirit - In a new, spiritual manner. And not in the oldness of the letter - Not in a bare literal, external way, as we did before

... What shall we say then - This is a kind of a digression, to the beginning of the next chapter , wherein the apostle, in order to show in the most lively manner the weakness and inefficacy of the law, changes the person and speaks as of himself, concerning the misery of one under the law. This St. Paul frequently does, when he is not speaking of his own person, but only assuming another character, Rom 3:5, 1Cor 10:30, 1Cor 4:6. The character here assumed is that of a man, first ignorant of the law, then under it and sincerely, but ineffectually, striving to serve God. To have spoken this of himself, or any true believer, would have been foreign to the whole scope of his discourse; nay, utterly contrary thereto, as well as to what is expressly asserted, Rom 8:2. Is the law sin - Sinful in itself, or a promoter of sin. I had not known lust - That is, evil desire. I had not known it to be a sin; nay, perhaps I should not have known that any such desire was in me: it did not appear, till it was stirred up by the prohibition.

...But sin - My inbred corruption. Taking occasion by the commandment - Forbidding, but not subduing it, was only fretted, and wrought in me so much the more all manner of evil desire. For while I was without the knowledge of the law, sin was dead - Neither so apparent, nor so active; nor was I under the least apprehensions of any danger from it.

...And I was once alive without the law - Without the close application of it. I had much life, wisdom, virtue, strength: so I thought. But when the commandment - That is, the law, a part put for the whole; but this expression particularly intimates its compulsive force, which restrains, enjoins, urges, forbids, threatens. Came - In its spiritual meaning, to my heart, with the power of God. Sin revived, and I died - My inbred sin took fire, and all my virtue and strength died away; and I then saw myself to be dead in sin, and liable to death eternal.

...The commandment which was intended for life - Doubtless it was originally intended by God as a grand means of preserving and increasing spiritual life, and leading to life everlasting.

...Deceived me - While I expected life by the law, sin came upon me unawares and slew all my hopes.

...The commandment - That is, every branch of the law (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS). Is holy, and just, and good - It springs from, and partakes of, the holy nature of God; it is every way just and right in itself; it is designed wholly for the good of man.

...Was then that which is good made the cause of evil to me; yea, of death, which is the greatest of evil? Not so. But it was sin, which was made death to me, inasmuch as it wrought death in me even by that which is good - By the good law. So that sin by the commandment became exceeding sinful - The consequence of which was, that inbred sin, thus driving furiously in spite of the commandment, became exceeding sinful; the guilt thereof being greatly aggravated.

...I am carnal - St. Paul, having compared together the past and present state of believers, that in the flesh, Rom 7:5, and that in the spirit, Rom 7:6, in answering two objections, (Is then the law sin? Rom 7:7, and, Is the law death? Rom 7:13,) interweaves the whole process of a man reasoning, groaning, striving, and escaping from the legal to the evangelical state. This he does from Rom 7:7, to the end of this chapter . Sold under sin - Totally enslaved; slaves bought with money were absolutely at their master's disposal.

...It is good - This single word implies all the three that were used before, Rom 7:12, holy, just, and good.

...It is no more I that can properly be said to do it, but rather sin that dwelleth in me - That makes, as it were, another person, and tyrannizes over me.

...In my flesh - The flesh here signifies the whole man as he is by nature.

...I find then a law - An inward constraining power, flowing from the dictate of corrupt nature.

...For I delight in the law of God - This is more than I consent to, Rom 7:16. The day of liberty draws near. The inward man - Called the mind, Rom 7:23,25.

...But I see another law in my members - Another inward constraining power of evil inclinations and bodily appetites. Warring against the law of my mind - The dictate of my mind, which delights in the law of God. And captivating me - In spite of all my resistance

...Wretched man that I am - The struggle is now come to the height; and the man, finding there is no help in himself, begins almost unawares to pray, Who shall deliver me? He then seeks and looks for deliverance, till God in Christ appears to answer his question. The word which we translate deliver, implies force. And indeed without this there can be no deliverance. The body of this death - That is, this body of death; this mass of sin, leading to death eternal, and cleaving as close to me as my body to my soul. We may observe, the deliverance is not wrought yet.

...I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord - That is, God will deliver me through Christ. But the apostle, as his frequent manner is, beautifully interweaves his assertion with thanksgiving;' the hymn of praise answering in a manner to the voice of sorrow, Wretched man that I am! So then - He here sums up the whole, and concludes what he began, Rom 7:7. I myself - Or rather that I, the person whom I am personating, till this deliverance is wrought. Serve the law of God with my mind - My reason and conscience declare for God. But with my flesh the law of sin - But my corrupt passions and appetites still rebel. The man is now utterly weary of his bondage, and upon the brink of liberty.

...There is therefore now no condemnation - Either for things present or past. Now he comes to deliverance and liberty. The apostle here resumes the thread of his discourse, which was interrupted, Rom 7:7.

...The law of the Spirit - That is, the gospel. Hath freed me from the law of sin and death - That is, the Mosaic dispensation (NOT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS).

...For what the law - Of Moses (NOT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS). Could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh - Incapable of conquering our evil nature. If it could, God needed not to have sent his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh - We with our sinful flesh were devoted to death. But God sending his own Son, in the likeness of that flesh, though pure from sin, condemned that sin which was in our flesh; gave sentence, that sin should be destroyed, and the believer wholly delivered from it.

...That the righteousness of the law - The holiness it required, described, Rom 8:11. Might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit - Who are guided in all our thoughts, words, and actions, not by corrupt nature, but by the Spirit of God. From this place St. Paul describes primarily the state of believers, and that of unbelievers only to illustrate this.

...They that are after the flesh - Who remain under the guidance of corrupt nature. Mind the things of the flesh - Have their thoughts and affections fixed on such things as gratify corrupt nature; namely, on things visible and temporal; on things of the earth, on pleasure, (of sense or imagination,) praise, or riches. But they who are after the Spirit - Who are under his guidance. Mind the things of the Spirit - Think of, relish, love things invisible, eternal; the things which the Spirit hath revealed, which he works in us, moves us to, and promises to give us.

...For to be carnally minded - That is, to mind the things of the flesh. Is death - The sure mark of spiritual death, and the way to death everlasting. But to be spiritually minded - That is, to mind the things of the Spirit. Is life - A sure mark of spiritual life, and the way to life everlasting. And attended with peace - The peace of God, which is the foretaste of life everlasting; and peace with God, opposite to the enmity mentioned in the next verse.

...Enmity against God - His existence, power, and providence.

...They who are in the flesh - Under the government of it.

...In the Spirit - Under his government. If any man have not the Spirit of Christ - Dwelling and governing in him. He is none of his - He is not a member of Christ; not a Christian; not in a state of salvation. A plain, express declaration, which admits of no exception. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear!

...Now if Christ be in you - Where the Spirit of Christ is, there is Christ. The body indeed is dead - Devoted to death. Because of sin - Heretofore committed. But the Spirit is life - Already truly alive. Because of righteousness - Now attained. From Rom 8:13, St. Paul, having finished what he had begun, Rom 6:1, describes purely the state of believers.
Commentary by-Wesley's Notes on the Bible.

Paul is teaching those who are around him. In order to show in the most lively manner the weakness and inefficacy of the Mosaic law (NOT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS), changes the person and speaks as of himself.

Richard, No where, in any of the scripture you provided...nor in any other part of the Bible, will you ever be able to find scripture which supports your belief that one who is born of God, if they continue to commit willfull sin, would still receive eternal life. The opposite is true according to the word of God. You would understand that when you read scripture if you read it in Spirit and in Truth.

Read it and weep:

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

...and this...

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

...and this...

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

...and this...

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

...and this...

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

...and this...

Hebrews 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Verna.

Q. Can one who is born of God ontinue to commit willfull sin and still receive eternal life?

ANS. ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Well, the ten are a part of the Law...What about the Noahide Laws...The Hebrews you pointed out was speaking of apostacy...Paul is speaking in the present...Hawyaw says that what He has started in you, He will finish...By your reasoning, He is a Liar...You sound like a Oneness Pentacostal...It is easy for those that are liberal to pick out verses that support liberalism...Also, it is easy for those that are legalists to pick out verses to support their views...It also seems easy for the UR crowd to pick out verses that support the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" theology where everyone gets a Gold Star...I myself am disgusted with sin, I dream of a world that has no sin and everyone there walks according to Hawyaw's councel willingly...Jeshua says that sin against the Father and the Son will be forgiven, but not against the Holy Spirit...Those who say that they have no sin, make Hawyaw a liar and the Truth is not in them...

Old 11-30-2011, 05:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but the three of us do not have beliefs that are like-minded. The two of you don't believe the written word of God when you read it...instead you get angry, and snarl, and spit when I post specific scripture that says specific things said by God through the Holy Spirit...in Truth...and you reject them when they're right there in front of you....you twist them or just absolutely ignore them when presented to you...and instead, you say something totally contrary to His word....so some people's are deceived somewhere...and I'm not one of them.

Let me ask you both this question...(lovesMountains, I have already asked you this, and your answer confirmed that you do not believe in God's Holy Word...you believe instead, in lovesMountains misguided, worldly, misinterpretation of God's Holy Word....but maybe you've thought about it and feel differently now)...

Q. Can one who is born of God continue to commit willfull sin and still receive eternal life?

Love,
Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No.
Quote:
God Bless you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
My response was as blunt as it was because I just didn't feel like arguing with Verna. I believe repentance is absolutely essential to receiving the fullness of salvation, (i.e. eternal life in God's presence). Since we are, by our very nature, inclined to be sinful, it takes a great deal of effort to overcome sin. Furthermore, overcoming sin is something we absolutely cannot accomplish on our own. It absolutely must be accompanied by the strength provided by the Holy Spirit. I don't believe we're condemned if we sin, repent, and then fall short again. God loves us and is patient with us. He just wants us to continue giving it our best effort all the way up until we draw our last breath.
...BOLDED by Verna.

Oh, I see...so you lied . Integrity...?...right out the window.

...if as you say - "...if we sin, repent, and then fall short again...", How often can we sin, repent, and then fall short again, sin, repent, and then fall short again...etc....How many times can one commit adultery before God will condemn us?

Katzpur, your false idea of repentance does not mean to cease from willful sin.

Here is God's opinion:

Ezekiel 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned;

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Get it? That's o.k...you don't have to answer...I hate being lied to.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:05 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
...BOLDED by Verna.

Oh, I see...so you lied . Integrity...?...right out the window.

...if as you say - "...if we sin, repent, and then fall short again...", How often can we sin, repent, and then fall short again, sin, repent, and then fall short again...etc....How many times can one commit adultery before God will condemn us?

Katzpur, your false idea of repentance does not mean to cease from willful sin.

Here is God's opinion:

Ezekiel 3:21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned;

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Get it? That's o.k...you don't have to answer...I hate being lied to.
I don't enjoy being lied to either.. That's why I started the thread. Perhaps you can tell us what unwillful sins you've committed lately so I can see why you say you have no sin... I think the bible says you lie if you sayyou are without sin... In order not to be a liar yourself, explain what unwillful sin you've committed.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I don't enjoy being lied to either.. That's why I started the thread. Perhaps you can tell us what unwillful sins you've committed lately so I can see why you say you have no sin... I think the bible says you lie if you sayyou are without sin... In order not to be a liar yourself, explain what unwillful sin you've committed.
Something tells me not to waist my time...for this definately falls upon deaf ears and blind eyes...but shoot...what the heck...

I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE SAID THIS...AT LEAST 100 TIMES...I HAVE NEVER, EVER SAID THAT I AM WITHOUT SIN...EVER.

What I HAVE said is, with a truly sorrowful, contrite heart, I came to a place where I knew I needed a Savior...that I could no longer go on sinning...and I got face down, on my knees and ONCE-AND-FOR-ALL-TIME...REPENTED!!! for my sins...had the faith to believe that God redeemed me from them...and was filled with the indwelling Spirit of God...and having been filled with that power, have been able to cease from committing willfull sin...I keep the commandments of God...all of them.

The ingnorant sins I commit...a couple of times I found myself in the store to buy something on the Sabbath...(I didn't even think about it being Saturday), but as soon as I realized it, I put the stuff back on the shelves and got in my car and went home. I knew God's grace was sufficient...and I felt no guilt in forgetting. That was when I first came into the Knowledge of the Truth...but even now, sometimes I wake up on Saturday, thinking I'm going to do something...forgetting what day it is...but soon I realize...(my mother even reminds me)...short term memory loss...from when I was so depressed years ago from trauma. There are other instances like this...I just can't think of them right now.

Me not being TOTALLY knowledgable of the entire word of God yet...(not for lack of seeking though)...I am sure there are still things I do that are a sin that I do not recognize as being so..but I will learn, and I will not do them either. I am a work in progress...and He will not stop forging me in the fire until He has completed that which He has begun in me. \o/ Amen!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
Something tells me not to waist my time...for this definately falls upon deaf ears and blind eyes...but shoot...what the heck...

I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE SAID THIS...AT LEAST 100 TIMES...I HAVE NEVER, EVER SAID THAT I AM WITHOUT SIN...EVER.

What I HAVE said is, with a truly sorrowful, contrite heart, I came to a place where I knew I needed a Savior...that I could no longer go on sinning...and I got face down, on my knees and ONCE-AND-FOR-ALL-TIME...REPENTED!!! for my sins...had the faith to believe that God redeemed me from them...and was filled with the indwelling Spirit of God...and having been filled with that power, have been able to cease from committing willfull sin...I keep the commandments of God...all of them.

The ingnorant sins I commit...a couple of times I found myself in the store to buy something on the Sabbath...(I didn't even think about it being Saturday), but as soon as I realized it, I put the stuff back on the shelves and got in my car and went home. I knew God's grace was sufficient...and I felt no guilt in forgetting. That was when I first came into the Knowledge of the Truth...but even now, sometimes I wake up on Saturday, thinking I'm going to do something...forgetting what day it is...but soon I realize...(my mother even reminds me)...short term memory loss...from when I was so depressed years ago from trauma. There are other instances like this...I just can't think of them right now.

Me not being TOTALLY knowledgable of the entire word of God yet...(not for lack of seeking though)...I am sure there are still things I do that are a sin that I do not recognize as being so..but I will learn, and I will not do them either. I am a work in progress...and He will not stop forging me in the fire until He has completed that which He has begun in me. \o/ Amen!
Why then, if you willingly admit to sinning, do you hold others on this board to such high standards? They may be your standards for yourself and surely you will be judged by them as the bible states but as you said.. You are a work in progress not complete (perfect).. SO why do you preach sinlessness on here so much if in fact you are an ignorant sinner? It reminds me of "you who is without sin throw the first stone" yet you seem to think you have the authority to tell others to do what you yourself haven't even achieved.
I personally celebrate a different day of rest so to me, shopping on a Saturday is not a sin at all and I bet you'd make the police, ambulance drivers, and firemen work on Saturday if your house was on fire! Seems hypocritical IMO.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Well, this sure spoke to me and people should really take heed !!! It is a post that is full of LOVE for God and people !!

Quote:

Amen... Verna, and this testimony should be the very heart of those who SAY they LOVE the LORD JESUS with all the heart !!

Rather then justify their sin because they are human or everyone sins, etc.... NOT !!

We are told in the scripture that.... "I have been crucified with Christ; don't people really understand that ??? and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."(Gal.2:20)
Does that faith one lives in Christ.... SIN ???? NO, we are told because of Christ... "sin shall not have dominion over us"....

That God who is mighty will deliver and strengthen us to live it, that there is.... "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it" (1Cor.10:13)
...... or that..."The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God (1John 5:8-9) ..... !!

NOW.... why would God tell us this if it were not true.... ???????

It is true.... one can overcome sin and its temptation with the power of the Holy Spirit and make that choice to rise above those things that tempt us to sin..... just like you Verna, with like the being in the store on Saturday (Sabbath).... that was the Spirit of God coming to your heart reminding you of the very thing that which is a sin in your life, to not do it.... you were delivered from that temptation, amen !!

I believe people who want to continue in their sin..... really do not trust, love or even want to be a part of God and His kingdom, for they would hear what you, Verna, and other's are saying about willful sin and sin of innocense !! So, we can discern this truth in 1John 3:10... "By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God"...... amen !!

It is what it is !!!!

Blessings to you !! Keep on, Keeping on, Verna, God's promises are faithful and true !!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Why then, if you willingly admit to sinning, do you hold others on this board to such high standards? They may be your standards for yourself and surely you will be judged by them as the bible states but as you said.. You are a work in progress not complete (perfect).. SO why do you preach sinlessness on here so much if in fact you are an ignorant sinner? It reminds me of "you who is without sin throw the first stone" yet you seem to think you have the authority to tell others to do what you yourself haven't even achieved.
I personally celebrate a different day of rest so to me, shopping on a Saturday is not a sin at all and I bet you'd make the police, ambulance drivers, and firemen work on Saturday if your house was on fire! Seems hypocritical IMO.
The root of the problem here katjonjj is this, you do not understand the Truth of God's word, and it isn't my responsibility to teach the ENTIRE BIBLE to you, it is up to you to seek and find the truth, which you do not possess yet.

Bottom line, born-again is not what you have been led to believe it is...saved and salvation are two different things...repentance you do not understand...you only know what man has taught you, which are lies. Nothng you know is the truth, because your very foundation of understanding is on sinking sand.

I can't help you more that sharing what I do know as truth...you can receive it or reject it, up to you. But when you stand before The King, our Righteous Judge, Jesus, on That Final Day of Judgement....ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse...no one to blame but yourself. My purpose is to tell the truth and plant the seeds of truth, water them...and then give it all to God.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Well, this sure spoke to me and people should really take heed !!! It is a post that is full of LOVE for God and people !!

Amen... Verna, and this testimony should be the very heart of those who SAY they LOVE the LORD JESUS with all the heart !!

Rather then justify their sin because they are human or everyone sins, etc.... NOT !!

We are told in the scripture that.... "I have been crucified with Christ; don't people really understand that ??? and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."(Gal.2:20)
Does that faith one lives in Christ.... SIN ???? NO, we are told because of Christ... "sin shall not have dominion over us"....

That God who is mighty will deliver and strengthen us to live it, that there is.... "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it" (1Cor.10:13)
...... or that..."The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God (1John 5:8-9) ..... !!

NOW.... why would God tell us this if it were not true.... ???????

It is true.... one can overcome sin and its temptation with the power of the Holy Spirit and make that choice to rise above those things that tempt us to sin..... just like you Verna, with like the being in the store on Saturday (Sabbath).... that was the Spirit of God coming to your heart reminding you of the very thing that which is a sin in your life, to not do it.... you were delivered from that temptation, amen !!

I believe people who want to continue in their sin..... really do not trust, love or even want to be a part of God and His kingdom, for they would hear what you, Verna, and other's are saying about willful sin and sin of innocense !! So, we can discern this truth in 1John 3:10... "By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God"...... amen !!

It is what it is !!!!

Blessings to you !! Keep on, Keeping on, Verna, God's promises are faithful and true !!
...wow...Curly Munchkin...you have just blessed my heart right out of my chest! Thank you for SEEING!!!!...KNOWING!!!!...BELIEVING!!!...AND SUPPORTING!!

So refreshing to my soul!!!

I love you girrrl!
Verna.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM

265 posts, read 597,745 times
Quote:
Yes, all wrongdoing begins with your thoughts. And yes the person would need to be ignorant of what is right and wrong in order to un-willfully sin, IMO.

Getting angry isn't a sin, it's an emotion.

I wonder why we can't just admit that we willfully sin. And IMO any sin after coming to the knowledge of right and wrong means it is willfully done.
So does this mean that someone who has mental, behavioral or other disorders has more leeway with sin....

Say a male who reconginzes the attractiveness of a woman, and might actually say something aloud like "Wow you're -----." If they lack the capacity to learn that is wrong to think that way and to say something like that have they sinned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity