Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

u could be right. here is what i think. i might be a sinner, but that does not mean i will not go to the hell kicking screaming and biting the whole way.
im no angel but that doesnt mean i wont try n try im no angel but that doesnt mean i wont fly
(dido - sing it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The change needs to be in the will, Verna . . . because that is the locus of sin . . . the will. Repentance is a change of will and actions that rejects sin. Sin does not exist outside of the will . . . it is a state of mind. God is only concerned with our state of mind (Spiritual state) . . . that is what will survive our physical death. We are all saved "as by fire" . . . but our works will reap what we sow.
Not all will receive eternal life.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:11 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Not all will receive eternal life.
I know we disagree about this, Verna . . . but eternal life is unavoidable as a Spirit . . . and we are reborn as Spirit upon our physical death. The consciousness we are producing and adding to our embryo Spirit is already pure energy and eternal. It will have many aspects to it . . . not all bad and not all good. All the bad will need to be removed (repented of or refined out) . . . but our core Spirit cannot die thanks to Christ's love for us all. It is your core that I see and respect, Verna.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I know we disagree about this, Verna . . . but eternal life is unavoidable as a Spirit . . . and we are reborn as Spirit upon our physical death. The consciousness we are producing and adding to our embryo Spirit is already pure energy and eternal. It will have many aspects to it . . . not all bad and not all good. All the bad will need to be removed (repented of or refined out) . . . but our core Spirit cannot die thanks to Christ's love for us all. It is your core that I see and respect, Verna.
I truly do appreciate that you do not judge according to what you see on the outside of a person Mystic, but instead look to the heart of that one, where true beauty lies...but according to the word of God, not all will receive eternal life.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
::Sigh:: Sin does not exist without the will. It is an act of the will. There can be no sin that is NOT willful. You cannot unwillfully sin. Adam did not accidentally eat the fruit.
Yea...He went against his instructions from Hawyaw...So, he knew what he was doing...

Old 12-02-2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree, but I also believe that sin does not exist without the knowledge of good and evil. Giving in to the will to choose evil over good is what constitutes sin.

No, he didn't. But until after he ate it, he was not able to discern between good and evil.
Did Hawyaw not tell them 'of this tree you may not eat'?...

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground Jehovah God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food. The Tree of Life was also in the middle of the garden; also the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Gen 2:16 And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Eating you may eat of every tree in the garden;

Gen 2:17 but of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you may not eat, for in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die.

So, here at this point he knew he was not permitted to eat of the Tree of Knowledge....

Gen 3:1 And the serpent was cunning above every animal of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said to the woman, Is it true that God has said, You shall not eat from any tree of the garden?

Gen 3:2 And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden,

Gen 3:3 but of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.

Verses 2 and 3 indicate that she also knew...

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said to the woman, Dying you shall not die,

Gen 3:5 for God knows that in the day you eat of it, even your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

Gen 3:6 And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and the tree was desirable to make one wise. And she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed leaves of the fig tree, and made girdles for themselves.

Gen 3:8 And they heard the sound of Jehovah God walking up and down in the garden at the breeze of the day. And the man and his wife hid themselves from the face of Jehovah God in the middle of the trees of the garden.

Gen 3:9 And Jehovah God called to the man and said to him, Where are you?

Gen 3:10 And he said, I have heard Your sound in the garden, and I was afraid, for I am naked, and I hid myself.

Gen 3:11 And He said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?

Here is an affirmation of the command of Hawyaw...

Gen 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom You gave to be with me, she has given to me of the tree, and I ate.

What difference does it make weather he took it himself or she gave it to him...He knew he was not supposed to...He tried to pass the buck...

Gen 3:13 And Jehovah God said to the woman, What is this you have done? And the woman said, The serpent deceived me, and I ate.

Now here, she tries to pass the buck...She also knew better...

I all looks pretty willful to me...

Old 12-02-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
That's not true Mystic...not according to the word of God...

Hebrews 5:2 He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness.

Hebrews 5:3 This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins (only the one's committed in ignorance), as well as for the sins of the people.
(bolded words in parenthesis in Hebrews 5:3 by me)

Hebrews 9:7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.

Numbers15:25 The priest is to make atonement for the whole Israelite community, and they will be forgiven, for it was not intentional and they have brought to the LORD for their wrong an offering made by fire and a sin offering

And after true repentance from the WILLFULL sins, there MUST! be a definite CHANGE! in the person...here's proof...

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds...

...THEY SHOULD REPENT AND TURN TO GOD AND PROVE THEIR REPENTANCE BY THEIR DEEDS!!! \o/ AMEN!
Heb 5:2 being able to feel in due measure for those not knowing and being led astray, since he also is circled about with weakness.

Heb 5:3 And because of this he ought to offer for sins as concerning the people, so also concerning himself.

Heb 9:7 But into the second the high priest goes alone once in the year, not without blood, which he offers for himself and the ignorances of the people;

G51
αγνόημα
agnoēma
ag-no'-ay-mah
From G50; a thing ignored, that is, shortcoming: - error.

ex. 'I hear you, but I am ignoring you'...If something is ignored it is obviously known...You see a sign that says 35 mph, but you go 50 mph...It is obvious that you knew the sign was their and understood what it said, however, you go 50 mph...It is obvious that you ignored the sign that you saw...

Num 15:25 And the priest shall atone for all the congregation of the sons of Israel; and it shall be forgiven them. For it was in error, and they have brought their offering, a fire offering to Jehovah, and their sin offering before Jehovah for their error.

H7684
שׁגגה
shegâgâh
sheg-aw-gaw'
From H7683; a mistake or inadvertent transgression: - error, ignorance, at unawares, unwittingly.

Now, this one has the meaning of mistake...

I do not see where it implies that this is considered proof...It is just a command to do...

Act 26:20 but to those first in Damascus, and Jerusalem, and to all the country of Judea, and to the nations, I proclaimed the command to repent and to turn to God, doing works worthy of repentance.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
What is your point?
C'mon Verna...You can figure that out...Can't you?...Or is it one of those parts of scripture that you will ignore because you do not have an answer for it?....

Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
I truly do appreciate that you do not judge according to what you see on the outside of a person Mystic, but instead look to the heart of that one, where true beauty lies...but according to the word of God, not all will receive eternal life.
Only the Elect or Chosen ones of Hawyaw will...

Old 12-02-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
C'mon Verna...You can figure that out...Can't you?...Or is it one of those parts of scripture that you will ignore because you do not have an answer for it?....
Richard,

You hop in on a conversation days later posting like you know what's going on...

NEWSFLASH! I had my own personal reasons (at that time) for that post to jdelectro. The time has passed now and is water under the bridge. It wasn't posted to Richard...it's history now, so move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity