Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:29 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Basically,from my understanding of this,sin and death are inherited?
Its encoded in us,its sort of like genetic?

So even a 2 day old infant dies because of its sinful nature,even though
I thought everyone sins regardless,in thought and deed.
And there's the difference that I have been trying to convey, though not nearly as much as others here. Sinful Nature doesn not mean the baby died because she or she sinned it just the nature of the sin from original sin. Death, as I said before in a post somewhere here, exists beause of original sin but it doesn't always happen because of original sin. Another words the baby is born into sin, capable, when old enough to actually commit a sin. That is the difference. I don't believe a baby is sinful just from being born. But I do believe the baby will become capable of committing a sinful act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Obviously the baby didn't willfully sin nor could it have, so I can't understand what he is talking about either...

Maybe unwillful sin (is that original, inherited sin?) isn't forgiven either?

It is forgiven on the belief and acceptance of the Christ being the Savior, Son of God and God Incarnate.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Finn... See the above post. I don't see the need for distinction between willful and ignorant sin. Sin is sin.
I think this is one example since killing is a sin:

[Deu 19:5]
As when a man goeth into the wood with his neighbour to hew wood, and his hand fetcheth a stroke with the axe to cut down the tree, and the head slippeth from the helve, and lighteth upon his neighbour, that he die; he shall flee unto one of those cities, and live:

Old 11-30-2011, 08:55 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Default Sin is an act of the will

::Sigh:: Sin does not exist without the will. It is an act of the will. There can be no sin that is NOT willful. You cannot unwillfully sin. Adam did not accidentally eat the fruit.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: Sin does not exist without the will. It is an act of the will. There can be no sin that is NOT willful. You cannot unwillfully sin.
I agree, but I also believe that sin does not exist without the knowledge of good and evil. Giving in to the will to choose evil over good is what constitutes sin.

Quote:
Adam did not accidentally eat the fruit.
No, he didn't. But until after he ate it, he was not able to discern between good and evil.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree, but I also believe that sin does not exist without the knowledge of good and evil. Giving in to the will to choose evil over good is what constitutes sin.
No, he didn't. But until after he ate it, he was not able to discern between good and evil.
We agree, Katz. Peace, sister.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: Sin does not exist without the will. It is an act of the will. There can be no sin that is NOT willful. You cannot unwillfully sin. Adam did not accidentally eat the fruit.
That's not true Mystic...not according to the word of God...

Hebrews 5:2 He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness.

Hebrews 5:3 This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins (only the one's committed in ignorance), as well as for the sins of the people.
(bolded words in parenthesis in Hebrews 5:3 by me)

Hebrews 9:7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.

Numbers15:25 The priest is to make atonement for the whole Israelite community, and they will be forgiven, for it was not intentional and they have brought to the LORD for their wrong an offering made by fire and a sin offering

And after true repentance from the WILLFULL sins, there MUST! be a definite CHANGE! in the person...here's proof...

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds...

...THEY SHOULD REPENT AND TURN TO GOD AND PROVE THEIR REPENTANCE BY THEIR DEEDS!!! \o/ AMEN!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

...THEY SHOULD REPENT AND TURN TO GOD AND PROVE THEIR REPENTANCE BY THEIR DEEDS!!! \o/ AMEN!
Isaiah 64:6-9 For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.
7 There is no one who calls on Your name,
Who arouses himself to take hold of You;
For You have hidden Your face from us
And have [c]delivered us into the power of our iniquities. 8 But now, O LORD, You are our Father,
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all of us are the work of Your hand.
9 Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD,
Nor remember iniquity forever;

Salvation produces Deeds/Works. Not the other way around.

Whether the works produce fruit or not is up to the believer.

Our Deeds are like filthy rags to God.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Isaiah 64:6-9 For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.
7 There is no one who calls on Your name,
Who arouses himself to take hold of You;
For You have hidden Your face from us
And have [c]delivered us into the power of our iniquities. 8 But now, O LORD, You are our Father,
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all of us are the work of Your hand.
9 Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD,
Nor remember iniquity forever;

Salvation produces Deeds/Works. Not the other way around.

Whether the works produce fruit or not is up to the believer.

Our Deeds are like filthy rags to God.
What is your point?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
That's not true Mystic...not according to the word of God...
And after true repentance from the WILLFULL sins, there MUST! be a definite CHANGE! in the person...here's proof...

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds...

The change needs to be in the will, Verna . . . because that is the locus of sin . . . the will. Repentance is a change of will and actions that rejects sin. Sin does not exist outside of the will . . . it is a state of mind. God is only concerned with our state of mind (Spiritual state) . . . that is what will survive our physical death. We are all saved "as by fire" . . . but our works will reap what we sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity