Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 02:07 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,992,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Good..then a 2 day old baby that dies does so because it is a sinner. That is the verdict from the Law from God.
"Sin" automatically makes the person a "sinner" regardless.

You have in the past stated (in a form of a question)
"But how can we be sinners if we haven't sinned at all? I mean what sin -- willful or unwillful -- has a newborn baby committed? Certainly being born is not a sin."
it has nothing about being prone ... sin isn't some choice \ inclination or the wrongful useage of agency. Sin is the condition one finds themself as an enemy of God. We are an enemy of God from the moment of conception and it's the Law from God that requires that every single person (at any age mind you) is damned to hell ... the Mormon's outer darkness.

That is why God revealed that no one will be declared righteous by observing the law.
Thank you for your reply, twin.spin. I guess we will have to just agree to disagree on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But the sin doesn't MAKE us die, which is what you made it sound like.
That's what it sounded like to me, which is why I asked for a clarification.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:51 PM

9,009 posts, read 13,849,341 times
Basically,from my understanding of this,sin and death are inherited?
Its encoded in us,its sort of like genetic?

So even a 2 day old infant dies because of its sinful nature,even though
I thought everyone sins regardless,in thought and deed.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Basically,from my understanding of this,sin and death are inherited?
Its encoded in us,its sort of like genetic?
Could you explain the logistics of how sin could be inherited? I'm not talking about the propensity to sin, which is part of human nature, but actual sin. Genetically, I don't see this as possible.

Quote:
So even a 2 day old infant dies because of its sinful nature,even though I thought everyone sins regardless,in thought and deed.
Wow! That must be one bad baby to have only had a two-day chance at life!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,592 times
Quote:
Good..then a 2 day old baby that dies does so because it is a sinner. That is the verdict from the Law from God.

"But how can we be sinners if we haven't sinned at all? I mean what sin -- willful or unwillful -- has a newborn baby committed? Certainly being born is not a sin."
it has nothing about being prone ... sin isn't some choice \ inclination or the wrongful useage of agency. Sin is the condition one finds themself as an enemy of God. We are an enemy of God from the moment of conception and it's the Law from God that requires that every single person (at any age mind you) is damned to hell ... the Mormon's outer darkness.

That is why God revealed that no one will be declared righteous by observing the law.

The baby is born into sin just by being born. That means it's unwillful sin, not intended, not something the baby did. Death comes only because of what is claimed to be original sin. Adam and Eve were supposedly meant to never have know death be it physical or spiritual. But that old serpent and their disobeying god messed that up for them. BTW everyone is not damned to hell because of sin or being born into sin. Remember that is what Jesus the Christ is for. Not sure but I think it's different for the Jewish people whom god made a covenant with.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,531,762 times
"The bible says anyone who claims to be without sin is a liar."

Let's put this truth stated above in context of other things that bible says. Bible says for us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect. Hmmm....surely it is a slight misinterpretation and means we are to be "becoming" perfect as our Father in Heaven is, already.

What is salvation? just being saved from eternal hell? Of course not! Salvation is being saved from the compulsion to sin.

Surely our bible is a tad misinterpreted. Anyone that claims they never sinned and needed salvation FROM their sinning, is a liar. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Bible also says that it is IMPOSSIBLE to sin after true rebirth. I can find that scripture but not a this moment of typing quickly.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:05 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,159 times
Quote:

A 2 day old baby that dies is a sinner....and you came to this conclusion just based on the fact that it died????

I said it in an earlier post and I think it bears repeating again...UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!! And Christians wonder why they are ridiculed???

The above beliefs are just one of the many reasons I do not use the label Christian any longer. Jesus the Christ would not recognize any of his teachings in the beliefs of todays Christians. Just saying...

Old 11-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
"The bible says anyone who claims to be without sin is a liar."
That sounds reasonable. I've never even heard a baby make that claim. I suspect this refers to individuals who are actually capable of choosing to do something sinful and either admitting to it or denying it.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And Christians wonder why they are ridiculed???

The above beliefs are just one of the many reasons I do not use the label Christian any longer. Jesus the Christ would not recognize any of his teachings in the beliefs of todays Christians. Just saying...
Just saying... a great many Christians do not believe this and argue quite strenuously against it.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:16 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Just saying... a great many Christians do not believe this and argue quite strenuously against it.
I'm aware of the Kat...I just am quite amazed that there is anyone who thinks this way...this belief is appalling to me and maligns God who is PURE UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity