Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 12:39 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It IS frustrating, isn't it?
I don't really think they are saying that sin itself kills babies.
Actually . . . yes they are and they believe that babies can go to hell. They are of the "exclusive club" believers in a vengeful and wrathful God who cannot stand those not in the "club." It is very sad, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 12:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Hello Verna

Yes, even those who are born again can sometimes fall into selfish mindsets and sin again willfully. Just because you are saved does not mean you are saved from your human nature (which is sinful).

The difference is, Christians who sin KNOW what they've done wrong and usually act to reconcile themselves with God again fairly quickly, or at least eventually.

Eternal life is for all who know Jesus and accept him as their personal savior.
Then you are decieved lovesMountains, and you are not born of God yet if you think this way and teach other's these false doctrines. This is not good at all for you. You need to search the scriptures for God's truth...not man's truth that has been taught to you all of your life by men who are as deceived as you.

You do not believe God's word.

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

You must think you are born of God. You are not...yet...because you have not received the Knowledge of the Truth...until right now...but you actually haven't "RECEIVED" it yet...not until you live it...you've only heard it from me. You must think God knows you...but God does not know those who willfully sin...nor do those who willfully sin know Him as they are led to believe, by the false teachings of Modern Day Christianity.

Hebrews 10:26 states, "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,..."

Numbers 15:30 "'But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or alien, blasphemes the LORD, and that person must be cut off from his people. 1 Samuel 2:25 If a man sins against another man, God may mediate for him; but if a man sins against the LORD, who will intercede for him?" His sons, however, did not listen to their father's rebuke, for it was the LORD's will to put them to death. 1 Timothy 2:4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. Hebrews 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 6:6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 2 Peter 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 2 Peter 2:21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them

Sadly lovesMountains, you are a victim of such false teachings.

Given in Love,
Verna.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Then you are decieved lovesMountains, and you are not born of God yet if you think this way and teach other's these false doctrines. This is not good at all for you. You need to search the scriptures for God's truth...not man's truth that has been taught to you all of your life by men who are as deceived as you.

You do not believe God's word.

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

You must think you are born of God. You are not...yet...because you have not received the Knowledge of the Truth...until right now. You must think God knows you...but God does not know those who willfully sin...nor do those who willfully sin know Him as they are led to believe, by the false teachings of Modern Day Christianity.

Hebrews 10:26 states, "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,..."

Numbers 15:30 "'But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or alien, blasphemes the LORD, and that person must be cut off from his people. 1 Samuel 2:25 If a man sins against another man, God may mediate for him; but if a man sins against the LORD, who will intercede for him?" His sons, however, did not listen to their father's rebuke, for it was the LORD's will to put them to death. 1 Timothy 2:4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. Hebrews 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 6:6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 2 Peter 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 2 Peter 2:21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them

Sadly lovesMountains, you are a victim of such false teachings.

Given in Love,
Verna.
Oh good grief

I feel so sad for some of you fundamentalists, truly I do

Old 11-26-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Oh good grief

I feel so sad for some of you fundamentalists, truly I do
No lovesMountains...I feel so sad for you...you have been entangled in lies all of your life, and have not searched for truth yourself...or else you would know God's truth and not man's. You only know what man has taught you. Scripture does not support you, it supports me...sadly you cannot see this...and it is right in front of your face.

Love,
Verna.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
No lovesMountains...I feel so sad for you...you have been entangled in lies all of your life, and have not searched for truth yourself...or else you would know God's truth and not man's. You only know what man has taught you. Scripture does not support you, it supports me...sadly you cannot see this...and it is right in front of your face.

Love,
Verna.
Says YOU (who doesn't even know me or have a clue about the condition of my soul).

Good thing GOD knows differently

Old 11-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, twin.spin has said on more than one occasion that he considers himself to be perfect, so that explains a lot.
Well, on behalf of the majority of Christians let me say, I'm truly horrified when anyone professing to love God doesn't treat others the way I know God would want them to be treated.

God is love, pure love.

Nothing bad or evil ever comes from him.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Says YOU (who doesn't even know me or have a clue about the condition of my soul).
All I have to know is that you believe that one who is born of God can continue to commit willfull sin and still receive eternal life. When God's word says otherwise.

Not only are you not born of God, but you have not seen Him, nor do you know Him...nor does He know you........now that's what IS sad lovesMountains.

He says, in 1 John 3:6, "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."

...and...

1 John 2:4 states, "The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

...and...

1 John 3:11 states, "Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

...and...

1 John 3:9 states, "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

...and the whole of scripture supports me.

If you do not keep His commandments, faithfully, and break any one of them willfully, you do not know God.

His word states, in 1 John 2:3, "We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands."

You cannot explain away His word.

So, if you do not, "REMEMBER to keep the sabbath holy unto God (the 4th commandment), you are not born of God...yet...because you are not keeping His commands...and if you break one, you have broken them all. <<<Scripture. There is still time...but we are not promised a tomorrow. I pray that you have the ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to you lovesMountains. I do care about where you spend eternity. Pray about it...seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains
Good thing GOD knows differently
He doesn't know differently than His word lovesMountains..God does not contradict Himself...people's false belief's do.

In Christ's Love,
Verna.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Well, on behalf of the majority of Christians let me say, I'm truly horrified when anyone professing to love God doesn't treat others the way I know God would want them to be treated.

God is love, pure love.

Nothing bad or evil ever comes from him.
You do not know God lovesMountains. I am sorry for that. God reserves His wrath for the wicked...those who die in their iniquities.

The world taught you He is pure love and nothing else...that is false. Look up the word "wrath" in Scritpure, you will see to whom it is upon.

True love is honest, and never deceives...no matter the consequences. I give you this.

Love,
Verna.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
God does not contradict Himself...people's false belief's do.

In Christ's Love,
Verna.
What does love look like, Verna?

Old 11-26-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What does love look like, Verna?
What does love look like.........

......picture this.........

Someone who will kneel down before someone else they love and care about, and tell them the truth, even if it means they will lose them forever.

.........and this.......

Someone who would tell a lost world the truth of God's word, and live it themselves, even if it were to cost him or her their lives for doing so.

.......and this.......

...just look all around you...at God's creation...that's true love.

This is what love "looks" like.

Love,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity