Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2011, 03:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
You are not accurately presenting what Verna said. You are over simplifying to be dramatic.
I quoted Verna's own words One willful sin, and you are done and out.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:26 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
You are not accurately presenting what Verna said. You are over simplifying to be dramatic.

Again you are over simplifying. He is not saying ANY one sin. Speeding is a sin but he is not suggesting you could lose salvation for that. He has linked the idea of salavation secured by repentance too, so that ANY one sin is not automatically a loss of salvation.

No one expects that we will all agree, but the argumentative banter created by grossly misrepresenting the ideas presented in other's posts is hardly a sign of integrity.

You accuse others of not considering the information presented, and yet you are one of the greatest offenders of that principle....
Thank you friend for clarifying that.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Thank you friend for clarifying that.
I quoted your own words, but if you want to change your statement, you may do so now. Are you now saying that one willful sin is NOT enough?

Here is your earlier words: "it takes only ONE! (1) willfull sin to abolish everything done righteously by the "Once born-again" Now wicked sinner. "

Old 12-03-2011, 05:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I quoted your own words, but if you want to change your statement, you may do so now. Are you now saying that one willful sin is NOT enough?

Here is your earlier words: "it takes only ONE! (1) willfull sin to abolish everything done righteously by the "Once born-again" Now wicked sinner. "
Nope, no change Finn, all's good! Even better now that BWW1962 clarified your oversimplification of my statement. I'm happy!

Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Nope, no change Finn, all's good! Even better now that BWW1962 clarified your oversimplification of my statement. I'm happy!
LOL. I quoted your own words, and you confirm what I said is accurate, (you don't want to change anything), yet you accuse me of "oversimplifying" your statement.

You are basically saying my comment was accurate, but not accurate. heh-heh.

It's OK, i understand your desire to support BWW1962, even when he is wrong.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Ok, this back and forth thing has got me a little confused and I don't have the time tonight to read back 100 posts. Are you really saying "one strike and your out?" One willful sin and God throws you in the torture lake for eternity even if you were once saved and its not possible to repent of it? I hope this is not the case but If so, you will have redefined extreme fundamentalism for me

Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Default Can your name be blotted out of the Book Of Life?

Short answer: NO . . . not without undoing what Christ did, period.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:46 PM

659 posts, read 1,146,021 times
i was once a bible believing church going christian, now i have serious douibts bout things, not really sure it was all real, I started reading history and found out that things dont add up here very well, I would like to be wrong but from what I had researched it looks as if I been wrong all along, I would like to believe in jesus but I have doubts, am i going to heaven or am i doomed for hell?

Old 12-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
i was once a bible believing church going christian, now i have serious douibts bout things, not really sure it was all real, I started reading history and found out that things dont add up here very well, I would like to be wrong but from what I had researched it looks as if I been wrong all along, I would like to believe in jesus but I have doubts, am i going to heaven or am i doomed for hell?
No one here can tell where you are going, because only God knows if your name is on the Lambs Book Of Life. Unfortunately "church going" means nothing, as the only thing that matters is whether or not you are saved. Have you been born again?

Old 12-03-2011, 06:54 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
If you once truly placed your trust in Christ for your eternal salvation, that is, if you ever at any time placed your faith alone in Christ alone in response to the gospel message, then you were eternally saved at the very moment and you cannot lose your salvation. You cannot walk away from your salvation.

If you understand that you are a sinner and in need of salvation, and that you cannot save yourself; if you understand that God did something about that by sending Jesus Christ, the Son of God into the world, to go to the cross and die a substitutionary death on your behalf, that He died for your sins, was buried and resurrected, and you therefore trusted in Christ for your salvation, then you are eternally saved. Even if you no longer believe in Him. 'If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.' (2 Tim 2:13)

Last edited by Michael Way; 12-03-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity