Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
~ Jesus broke Unleaven bread saying
this is My body broken for you take eat it.

Unleavened Bread is "The Bread 0f Affliction".
Deut.16:3

~ Jesus said He is The Bread 0f Life
that comes down from Heaven.

Manna is the Bread from Heaven
which God gave them in the wilderness.
After they came out of Egypt.
Ex.16:32

So what is your point? I think you just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Of course Messiah was the Bread of Life. He was many other things also which includes THE Passover Lamb.

Quote:
Unleavened Bread is "The Bread 0f Affliction".
Deut.16:3
Again, what is your point? Do you understand why their bread was unleavened? Do you understand the words 'bread of affliction' is a Fig. of Speech called Metomymy [of Subject], and is a SYMBOL of their affliction?

And BTW, "in haste" is not the reason for the Exodus, but the reason why they didn't have time to put leaven in their bread to let it ferment/rise.

I am done talking to you. There's no point in it. In your desire to talk about things being "different" you go beyond what is written and make no sense.

I'm all for challenging the staus quo, but what you do is forget we are to challenge 'teachings' against what is written just as the Bereans did with Paul.

The Scriptures and customs of the day [also written about in the Scritpures] show us Messiah WAS the Passover Lamb. End of subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,245 times
Jesus Himself can be quoted of Who, He, Himself says, He is.

I don't have to believe symbols of customs for Who Jesus is.

Because He already said so. I believe Him.

Jesus Himself said, He is The Bread 0f Life That comes down from Heaven.
Jesus Himself said, Bread is His Own Body broken and given for you.

Jesus never said, nor, even referred to by symbolism
that He is, or His body was 'the passover lamb' for "the passover of the jews'.

Similarities in symbols does not equal truth.

Truth is what Jesus said.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:01 PM

Jesus said unless a grain of wheat fall to the ground it remains alone.
But when it dies it produces much fruit.

Christ is "The Firstfruit" - 1Cor.15:23

He said He is The Bread 0f Life.
And the Bread that came down from heaven.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Wine, was issued for
'The Feasts 0f Unleaven Bread'/'The Bread 0f Affliction'.

Not, for 'the passover of the jews'.

Neither did Jesus break off a peice of flesh from
the passover lamb and say this is My body broken for you.

I will not Worship Him for the symbolism of customs.
I will worship Him in Truth.

Him being "The Lamb 0f God" who takes away the sins of the world?
Is because God's Lamb is Now In Heaven Before His Throne making intersession for us by His blood.

Which is not what the passover lamb was for.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:41 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
What day is the 14th of Nisan on our Gregorian Calendar?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:29 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
My guru Brent Walters has devoted a couple of programs to this topic. I'm sorry I cannot provide references to the radio programs, but this source supports Walters' contention that the crucifixion occured on Friday April 7, 30 AD, on which date Jesus would have been 36-37 years of age

date of crucifixion

Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 PM

~ Why do Christians expect Israel to understand 'The New Covenant'.

When we symbolically join them in The Seder Meal as if
what they were given, is what Jesus gave us too?

'The New Covenant' Is The 'New' Deal.
Not, The Same Meal.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
My guru Brent Walters has devoted a couple of programs to this topic. I'm sorry I cannot provide references to the radio programs, but this source supports Walters' contention that the crucifixion occured on Friday April 7, 30 AD, on which date Jesus would have been 36-37 years of age

date of crucifixion
There are other Scholars that don't agree with a Friday crucifixion let alone him being 36 years old.

I was actually talking about this year.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

April 6

Year 2012 Calendar – Israel

Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The passages in the OP don't say Jesus died, they only say Joseph of Aramithea asked for Jesus' body.
Joseph was an Essene, and the Essenes were healers by tradition. So Joseph arranged for medicinal herbs and substances to be applied to Jesus, and put him in the tomb where he could recover in safety. After recovering, when his disciples found him, they didn't believe that he was alive, they thought he was a spirit. So he told them to touch his wounds to prove that he was alive, in the flesh. He told Thomas to feel the wound in his side, and with that Thomas saw that it was true, Jesus was alive.

It's amazing that anyone still believes the swoon theory which states that Jesus only appeared to die. This is easily debunked.

Even before being put on the cross Jesus had been beaten so severely that many people would have died from the scourging alone.

Because the Sabbath was approaching, the Jews didn't want Jesus and the others left on the cross. To hasten their deaths the Roman solders broke the legs of the two thiefs so that they couldn't use their legs to push themselves up so that they could breathe. But when they came to Jesus they saw that He was already dead. To make sure that Jesus was dead the Roman solder pierced His side with a spear. The body of Jesus lay in the sealed tomb for three days guarded by Roman soldiers.

Matthew 27:50 'And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit (He died). 51] And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom, and the earth shook; and the rocks were split, 52] and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. 32] The soldiers therefore came, and broke the legs of the first man, and of the other man who was crucifies with Him; 33] but coming to Jesus, when thay saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs; 34] but one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water (there is no doubt that Jesus was dead).

Excerpt:
The swoon theory has been thoroughly refuted by many people and very few continue to bring it up as a possibility. Nevertheless, following is an outline of why the Swoon theory can't work. Basically, it is because Jesus' ordeal was far too serious to permit Him to survive.
Jesus only appeared to have died on the cross - Swoon Theory|Jesus never really died on the cross? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Excerpt:
There are several reasons why this theory is invalid and can be easily proven as false, and there were at least three different persons or groups involved in Jesus’ crucifixion who were all satisfied concerning the fact of His death on the cross. They are the Roman guards, Pilate, and the Sanhedrin.
What is the Swoon Theory? Did Jesus survive the crucifixion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity