Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post

What God is doing is having us to APPRECIATE what GOOD really is. If there were no Evil then we could never appreciate what GOOD actually is.
I guess if there were no RAPE, then women would not be able to appreciate NOT being RAPED. Makes great sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I mean if the devil is part of ourselves, what does it mean that satan is bound for a thousand years and then released?
Hi Zero. I thought I was honest enough to say I do not know what it means. Plain and simples answer is a good answer I suppose if you believe Revelation is to be read and understood literally.

What I said in reply to your questions was I do not know what it means. What i take from it myself is that if we are not guarded to what we receive unto ourselves ,which we are often not,then satan is released upon our lives, it's quite easy to forget and not seek The Lord when we have had it good ( a millennium of satan being bound).

Paul

Old 10-13-2012, 06:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I mean if the devil is part of ourselves, what does it mean that satan is bound for a thousand years and then released?
Adversity is destined to return through the accusations of men; for a thousand years is but a day.
Hold your thoughts captive for you know not what tomorrow may bring!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
I guess if there were no RAPE, then women would not be able to appreciate NOT being RAPED. Makes great sense to me.
Don't be coy. Ignoring the answers that respond to your supposed questions to focus on the religious nonsense you want to ridicule is disingenuous and arrogant. What you think you know is far from what IS . . . my arrogant friend.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:22 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't be coy. Ignoring the answers that respond to your supposed questions to focus on the religious nonsense you want to ridicule is disingenuous and arrogant. What you think you know is far from what IS . . . my arrogant friend.

Your personal attacks aside, do you agree or not?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Since Satan (the devil, old serpent, Lucifer) is a created being, the answer to your question is: 'Because God's purpose for his creation is not yet completed.' (Satan is our enemy; he has no authority or power against God).

Sin, evil ... and Satan exists to give people a true, free-will choice between loving and serving God ... or not. But, "Satan is full of wrath because he knows that his time is short" --- He will ultimately be destroyed and cast into the eternal Lake of Fire. Until then, Satan is given the authority to fill the 'truth-gap' for those who refuse to accept God's forgiveness, love, and truth ... with lies and deceit.
True. It is refreshing to see a biblical viewpoint to this topic after wading through pages of atheist, new age, universalist etc 'alternate' viewpoints which are also known as "teachings of men".

Old 10-14-2012, 06:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True. It is refreshing to see a biblical viewpoint to this topic after wading through pages of atheist, new age, universalist etc 'alternate' viewpoints which are also known as "teachings of men".
And yet the post you quoted has no scriptural basis. As for agreeing that the devil has no authority or power over God, the truth is if you do not believe that God is able as well as willing to save all mankind then you do believe that the devil as the power that can thwart that which God desires, wills and set out to do.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:34 AM

595 posts, read 762,035 times
Hebrews 2:14
Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—(all sin is death)

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (God's power, the mighty name of Jesus makes the devil flee)

1 John 3:8
He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.
1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. ( the devil will use anyone and anything to antagonize the children of God because he knows his time is short.)

God has a set time for all to be fullfilled according to His plan and anyone who has faith in Christ knows the devil is already a defeated foe.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM

77 posts, read 74,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstorage View Post
God is the most powerful entity in the universe. Which means he has the power to destroy the devil...and yet doesn't. Why?

True...Jehovah God could have destroy the Devil, but yet he chose not to, because in the "What Does The Bible Really Teach?" it tells you that Satan was challenging Jehovah, by basically saying that people will be better under his rulership instead of Jehovah's, and that we could decide for ourselves what's right and what's wrong. Jehovah didn't destroy Satan, because he wanted to prove that Satan is a liar. So Jehovah now allow everyone to rule themselves under Satan's. Today Satan is still ruling this world, because in 1 John 5:19, says that the world is basically being controlled by the "wicked one" which is no other than Satan, and it's true, because look around you, you see killing, raping, people getting robbed, etc. basically violence, (example: Jehovah God isn't for violence, so why was there and still is wars on this earth), you also see people committing adultery, fornicating, etc. and it's all because we're under Satan's rulership. We can help Jehovah prove that Satan is a liar by accepting him as your god/your ruler:
  • Psalm 73:28 - But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.
And you would have everlasting life!

Old 10-25-2012, 02:39 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Your personal attacks aside, do you agree or not?
You are NOT seriously asking anyone to agree with that absurd statement . . . are you? I realize it is to ridicule certain religious perspectives on the existence of evil . . . that are quite absurd in themselves . . . but there is no way it was a serious question, my coy friend. It was intended to mock, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity